Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2017, 16:41   #721
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

I didnt personally like the response given by Kalsi when he encountered a question by a guy stating about the "Logic behind Pricing of Ignis?"

Kalsi replied: As the millennials are not in that dire scenario of cash crisis and as they are well backed financially by their father and also well backed with bank loans so this pricing is apt for Ignis.

I think millennials surely wouldn't want to still be supported on their parents financial support. And more-over this doesn't mean you should rob the millennials of their hard-earned savings for a hatchback.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th January 2017 at 11:56. Reason: Typo
rohiT Nonu is offline   (55) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 16:46   #722
Senior - BHPian

Woah!!! Thats pretty optimistic pricing. Comparing Ignis to Baleno's shows Zeta Ignis = Delta Baleno, Alpha Ignis = Zeta Baleno and so on. Wonder how much this car would sell considering its priced so close to Baleno.

Moreover this makes one wonder how would the Swift be priced which supposedly is one segment above this?

Last edited by SoumenD : 13th January 2017 at 16:49.
SoumenD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 16:46   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohiT Nonu View Post
I didnt personally liked the response given by Kalsi when he encountered a question by a guy stating about the "Logic behind Pricing of Ignis?"

Kalsi replied: As the millennials are not in that dire scenario of cash crisis and as they are well backed financially by their father and also well baked with bank loans so this pricing is apt for Ignis.

I think millennials surely wouldn't want to still be supported on their parents financial support. And more-over this doesn't mean you should rob the millennials of their hard-earned savings for a hatchback.
He has been quite stupid in his comments in general. He also mentioned some of them (millennials) earn 50lakhs and 10mn (1 Cr). There might be a very few who do that and they won't be sitting in India and even if they do, somebody who earn 50lakhs or 1Cr is highly unlikely to buy an Ignis

Last edited by Aditya : 20th January 2017 at 11:56. Reason: Quoted text edited
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 16:47   #724
BHPian

Boring launch, the leadership trio didn't answer any question properly and an over priced car especially in Bangalore
KD007 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 16:49   #725
Senior - BHPian

Petrol variants look very good, especially the base variants considering the safety kit.

But AMT and diesels are definitely overpriced.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 16:50   #726
Team-BHP Support

8L on road Bangalore on the dot for the Petrol alpha MT. Pricey for sure! The diesel Aplha MT will be 9.2-9.3L on road bangalore.

I think they are looking at margins more than numbers as teh NEXA reach is still lesser than regular MS.
Vid6639 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 16:53   #727
Senior - BHPian

And we had people saying that if the "Ignis was priced close to the Kwid...." and so on. Anyway I guess after initial hype as is with most Maruti cars, this could be the slowest selling "cheap" Maruti. The diesel top level pricing is just insane and unless some one is enamored by its looks, IMHO there are better ways to spend that kind of money.

I was keenly looking forward to the prices but now I think I have to look elsewhere.
SPARKled is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 16:56   #728
BHPian

The diesel variant definitely looks overpriced, given the tax structure in Bangalore.

Off Topic: Some questions from the journos were hilarious and answers by the Maruti leadership to those questions were either hilarious or boring or stupid. They just do not want to provide a precise answer to the questions.
Old 13th January 2017, 16:59   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didnt personally liked the response given by Kalsi when he encountered a question by a guy stating about the "Logic behind Pricing of Ignis?"

Kalsi replied: As the millennials are not in that dire scenario of cash crisis and as they are well backed financially by their father and also well baked with bank loans so this pricing is apt for Ignis.
Highly irresponsible statement by Kalsi. This statement will drive away prospective buyers.
Pricing higher than expectation is one thing, justifying with such brainless statement leaves a very bitter taste.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th January 2017 at 11:57. Reason: Quoted text edited
speedmiester is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:02   #730
Senior - BHPian

Introductory price:
What the Maruti actually means - we'll jack it further up, if you Indians still rush to Nexa and keep booking this tiny car at its current price!

Maruti really wants the Ignis to be None of its kind now
aravind.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:06   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
8L on road Bangalore on the dot for the Petrol alpha MT. Pricey for sure! The diesel Aplha MT will be 9.2-9.3L on road bangalore.

I think they are looking at margins more than numbers as teh NEXA reach is still lesser than regular MS.
My guess , 8.25L OTR Bangalore. Considering the fact that road tax will be around 100k, insurance around 25k, warranty and additional warranty and accessories another 20k.

Let's see. My relationship manager will let me know in the morning.
And then I will decide whether to keep the booking or cancel it for a full refund.

Cheers,
Coplay
Old 13th January 2017, 17:06   #732
BHPian

After 2 successful pricing, they were bound to do the usual stupidity.

MSIL is definitely proving to everyone that most of the pricing strategy is just a bunch of white collar guys trying to impress the management with the sweet talk and sugar coating. pricing end of the day has become a matter of hit or miss for the largest seller. Sad!

PS: On the brighter side, the next NEXA launch is most likely going to be Baleno RS and they might price it aggressively looking at their most recent fiasco!
RaghuVis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:07   #733
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti has done blunder once again. Wait for few months, there should be price correction like 1.6 S-Cross. Maruti was high with Baleno and Brezza success and priced Ignis. Maruti had created a lot of hype, resulting in 4-6 weeks waiting period even before launch. I am sure most of the booking would be cancelled now. Any buyer walking into Nexa showroom would check the VFM pricing of Baleno and say bye bye Ignis

P.S: Yes, I am going to TD Ignis. Only point of interest for me is LED projector. So I have asked for a TD after 7 PM

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 13th January 2017 at 17:09.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:08   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think millennials surely wouldn't ... hard-earned savings for a hatchback.
Well Said.
Diesel is quite overpriced, and Ignis is placed quite close to Baleno that also retails from Nexa outlets. Swift, which is already having proven car and a strong brand slots in between. I would consider Swift or Baleno to be more VFM than Ignis.

I think the success of Brezza has made Maruti more confident to price Ignis at a premium thinking that its a premium urban compact "SUV/Crossover" (I wish they bring in AWD if/when Ignis gets midlife update).

Swift, Ignis and Baleno numbers would be good watch for a few months, all three have similar powertrains and placed quite near to each other.

Ritz also had a unique rear end so does Ignis. Ignis has features but pricing is certainly not as VFM. Lets wait for a few more months to see if Ignis is a huge hit or a moderate one.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th January 2017 at 11:55. Reason: Quoted text edited
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:09   #735
BHPian

Disappointing 'Introductory' Pricing. A strong reason in itself to look elsewhere.

Tiago's VFM proposition gets emphasized. Figo diesel makes a compelling case. Even the price of GT starts justifying itself.

Still expected to do well on strength of badge it wears.
rsm97 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks