Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2017, 16:48   #1111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Congrats! Rahul. Finally, you got it. Enjoy your ride.

I guess, you've opted for Manual Version. Yes, the steering is very light. Be careful, while taking U turns.

Do post any other tit bits.
Thank you so much. Yes its red n black dual tone manual, I dont like automatic as I feel its a lazy man's stuff (no offence intended).

Light I can understand but its devoid of any weight whatsoever, you can drive it with your little finger.

I got the side moulding installed for 4.5k (expensive I know but couldn't resist). I also opted for basic accessories package for 6.9k and I was given doormats, numberplate base, mobile charger, boot mat, steering cover and couple of cushions (again slightly expensive but ok).

Display meter showing a mileage of 16kmpl (too early to measure I know).

Attaching couple of pics (pardon the poor quality).

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-1485515834990.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-1485515888017.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-1485515909348.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 30th January 2017 at 08:48. Reason: Correcting image orientation
rahul412 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 20:26   #1112
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

I am expecting delivery of zeta (petrol ) manual variant, next week.

Saw, all 3 colours of ignis, today at nexa dealership. All were zeta variant.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_2496.jpg  

anilntny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 22:25   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
...I dont like automatic as I feel its a lazy man's stuff (no offence intended).

Light I can understand but ...

...(expensive I know but couldn't resist).... (again slightly expensive but ok).

The way you pre-empt any further comment! The perfect target audiance Maruti had intended!
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 22:51   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post

The way you pre-empt any further comment! The perfect target audiance Maruti had intended!
Lolz! Thanks. Light steering got a big thumbs down from me:thumbdown:.

And I am definitely not into this mileage thing just posted what I saw. As far as the dealer accessories are concerned, yeah Iam a sucker for that.

Last edited by rahul412 : 27th January 2017 at 22:52.
Old 27th January 2017, 23:23   #1115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post

Saw, all 3 colours of ignis, today at nexa dealership. All were zeta variant.

A bit of photoshop on the image here. A wider top area would have helped to remove the awkwardness from the rear angle, and release more interior space. But at the expense of highway stability?
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_2496_1.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_2496_0.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 27th January 2017 at 23:53.
romeomidhun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 00:45   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

A bit of photoshop on the image here. A wider top area would have helped to remove the awkwardness from the rear angle, and release more interior space. But at the expense of highway stability?
That thing looks obese the way you altered the pic.
But you're right, it should have been a bit tapering.
Old 28th January 2017, 10:27   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much. Yes its red n black dual tone manual
Congratulations Rahul !!!
The car in Red/black dual tone looks great.

I have a feeling that this type of number plate does not go well with the character and it's not in sync with the the car.

You can try a different font/style and see the difference. (Within the legally allowed range/pattern)
Old 28th January 2017, 11:37   #1118
BHPian

I was at Jayabheri Nexa in Hyderabad, and checked out the Ignis. The car stands out and looks cool. There's decent space inside as well for four.

The negatives:
1. The steering is too light and doesn't auto centre on a U turn.
2. DIMPLES!!! I could spot a couple of dimples on the hood in the display vehicle. I tried pressing the hood with one finger and BANG! There was another one created

I think the second one is going to be a major deal breaker for me, will check the Tiago next.
shreyan_k10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 12:19   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Congratulations Rahul !!!
The car in Red/black dual tone looks great.

I have a feeling that this type of number plate does not go well with the character and it's not in sync with the the car.

You can try a different font/style and see the difference. (Within the legally allowed range/pattern)
Thanks Sree. Well this no. plate is temporary, as actual no. plate will be available only after couple of days.

People have already started questioning me why not Swift at this price point .
Old 28th January 2017, 12:23   #1120
BHPian

Before joining Team BHP, I never understood the importance of Dent testing of outside panels. I understood the feeling of safety / quality it gave to the observer.But as an engineer, I did not get the importance of the same. Today, I tried my hand on Subaru Impreza and Ford Mustang.Boy, they both leave dents easily. What should I make out of it?
Old 28th January 2017, 13:12   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
Before joining Team BHP, I never understood the importance of Dent testing of outside panels. I understood the feeling of safety / quality it gave to the observer.But as an engineer, I did not get the importance of the same. Today, I tried my hand on Subaru Impreza and Ford Mustang.Boy, they both leave dents easily. What should I make out of it?
From engineering point of view, there's absolutely no problem with the thickness of the outer body guage. The Cars are safe with side beams and all round cage type of chassis. Added safety is Airbags.

But, the dimples problem is unique to India or may be some Asian countries, where there is bumper to bumper traffic. 2 wheeler riders maintain gap in inches, not feet. Another biggest problem is damage in parking.

Nowadays, Cars are more damaged while parked, than while driving. So, the Car owner has to either drive with the dimples or get it tinkered every couple of months.

Dimples look good, If they're at the right spot

You need not worry about the dimples, as you're in a safe country, where people treat other's property with care (I guess).

Last edited by jaaz : 28th January 2017 at 13:13.
jaaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 19:17   #1122
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, so let me be very clear at the outset that my post is not meant to hurt any present or prospective buyers.

Today we had a chance to take a Test Drive of Ignis, a sub-compact urban vehicle as per Nexa people. I had driven our Ritz to Pasco Nexa at Gurgaon. We were greeted by corporate manager there who was delighted to show us the car. He started off with telling us points about the car like HID headlights etc. I corrected him that they're LEDs and then asked him a few more questions to which he was clueless so didn't bother him much. And he also stopped with his gyaan on the car.

The TD vehicle was Alpha Petrol. I'll mention pros and cons of the car now.

Pros-
  • Cute little car. Looks much better in person.
  • Front seat has good support all around.
  • Visibility is fine.
  • Ingress-Egress is fine.
  • Lights (DRLs and headlights) look cool.

Cons-
  • It's cramped, period.
  • The ride was nothing great to talk about. We took car to 120 but steering response was very very vague. Dead I would say. When I mentioned this to the sales chap, he said that this car is mainly for city so steering is light and so is the suspension setup. He said that the steering of AGS is even lighter.
  • The engine, K12B is not as great as the first generation K12.
  • Rear seat comfort was not good. Seating is upright, under thigh support was poor.
  • The rear seat has poor shoulder room.
  • The interior white color will get dirty pretty soon.
  • Boot lip is very high, difficult to load luggage.

After the drive, we came back to our Ritz and it was like getting inside a bigger car. The rear seat comfort is much better in Ritz. Drive is more planted. Given a chance, if Ritz can be made available again, will definitely go in for a ZXi. So at the end, Ignis is a strict no for us. (Mixed inputs by self and brother.) Another thing is that at this price point, I would definitely like to look at other options at same price point. It might be a good car but not worth that much. It can be lateral upgrade from a WagonR but not from a Ritz, it's more of a downgrade but for the features. People will buy it and they should, if they feel like but we are not ready to put our money on it.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_20170128_170400.jpg
Ignis Alpha

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_20170128_170527.jpg
Gurgaon price list.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 28th January 2017 at 19:31.
BoneCollector is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 20:20   #1123
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Thanks Bonecollector.
I will also check it out in person and then only decide.
Else I ll just go and buy a Rapid or perhaps a Brezza once the petrol one comes in.
My elderly Dad will love a Brezza I think...he's already freaking out in my old Gypsy...

Last edited by shankar.balan : 28th January 2017 at 20:22.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 20:50   #1124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
My elderly Dad will love a Brezza I think...he's already freaking out in my old Gypsy...
Preferences vary of course, but the story is the same with my Dad. We were discussing cars off-hand recently (being a petrolhead sort of runs in the family) and paraphrasing his views, he'd love a compact-SUV if/when he changes cars next. Easier ingress/egress, taller seating position, better visibility and the appearance of a roomier cabin (compared to similar-sized hatchbacks) are his preferences at his age. He's happy to trade off bling for more physical comfort and convenience.
Old 29th January 2017, 07:52   #1125

Quote:
Thank you so much. Yes its red n black dual tone manual, I dont like automatic as I feel its a lazy man's stuff (no offence intended).

Light I can understand but its devoid of any weight whatsoever, you can drive it with your little finger.

I got the side moulding installed for 4.5k (expensive I know but couldn't resist). I also opted for basic accessories package for 6.9k and I was given doormats, numberplate base, mobile charger, boot mat, steering cover and couple of cushions (again slightly expensive but ok).

Congrats bro, I am going to get my Zeta AMT in Single Tone colour in next week hopefully. Whether basic accessories package from Nexa mandatory? It seems too costly though. I am planning for black side mouldings and roof spoiler in same color.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks