Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2017, 11:47   #1171
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
Heck, during my visit to Suzuki in Japan, I saw BMWs and Mercedes vehicles along with Tata Nano and Reva. That doesn't mean Suzuki plans to make them. No offense intended.
Rightly said, benchmark analysis is something which every Auto company does but for internal purpose only.
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:50   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Suzuki's Ignis makes it to the World Car of the Year 2017 finalists - Category - World Urban Car of the Year!

Attachment 1603303

The winners and losers will be announced during the World Car Awards prize giving ceremony at the New York International Auto Show on April 13.

Suzuki Ignis

That's a promising news. With Baleno & now with Ignis, Suzuki is moving in the right direction.
Old 2nd February 2017, 12:57   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Suzuki's Ignis makes it to the World Car of the Year 2017 finalists - Category - World Urban Car of the Year!

Attachment 1603303

The winners and losers will be announced during the World Car Awards prize giving ceremony at the New York International Auto Show on April 13.

Suzuki Ignis
Isn't Ford Ka+ our own Ford Figo and a Make In India Car?
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 13:03   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Isn't Ford Ka+ our own Ford Figo and a Make In India Car?
Ka+ is a full size sedan version of our Ford Figo (more than 4m and thus longer than Aspire). I don't think it is Make in India; Latin America perhaps.
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 13:40   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Ka+ is a full size sedan version of our Ford Figo (more than 4m and thus longer than Aspire). I don't think it is Make in India; Latin America perhaps.
was confused when you made this statement as I believed it to be the figo. And yeah Ka+ is indeed our figo. Confirmed from UK website
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 14:22   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
was confused when you made this statement as I believed it to be the figo. And yeah Ka+ is indeed our figo. Confirmed from UK website
Wow! I got confused too after reading your post and went on to check and both of us are correct though partially.

In UK, our Figo is indeed known as Ford Ka+.

Whereas in Brazil, Ford Ka is the hatchback (our Figo) and Ford Ka+ is the sedan version, bigger than Aspire.

Don't know which version are they talking about here, must be the UK version, I guess.
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 15:28   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Wow! I got confused too after reading your post and went on to check and both of us are correct though partially.

In UK, our Figo is indeed known as Ford Ka+.

Whereas in Brazil, Ford Ka is the hatchback (our Figo) and Ford Ka+ is the sedan version, bigger than Aspire.

Don't know which version are they talking about here, must be the UK version, I guess.
Pretty sure its the UK version and it's the UK version that is exported from india.

And on a side note a general google search of ford Ka+ also reveals the UK version itself
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 16:11   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post

Meantime I am shocked to see Figo Trend Diesel is only 9k costlier than the Ignis Petrol Zeta AMT.

Exshowroom price at Kolkata-
Figo Trend Diesel 1.5 - 6.64 lac
Ignis Zeta AMT Petrol - 6.55 lac

Now seriously contemplating to let go the convenience of AMT and piece of mind(in terms of after sales service) for a bigger car with bigger engine and better efficiency.
Ford Figo is a good choice, with that nice diesel engine, if you are ok with manual transmission. Sorry for going relatively off topic, but Ford service is a lot improved these days. I spend around 5500/- on ecosport for a full year. The service center staff are very responsive to any issues that crop up. Friends who own Ford cars tell me the same. Others in team bhp can comment on the current state of affairs. Please check with Figo owners regarding the same.
drjkonline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 16:22   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjkonline View Post
Ford Figo is a good choice, with that nice diesel engine, if you are ok with manual transmission. Sorry for going relatively off topic, but Ford service is a lot improved these days. I spend around 5500/- on ecosport for a full year. The service center staff are very responsive to any issues that crop up. Friends who own Ford cars tell me the same. Others in team bhp can comment on the current state of affairs. Please check with Figo owners regarding the same.
Completely agree!

The ads about Figo service being cheaper are not false. Moreover, service experience is also quite good at FASS. They take the surveys and the comments quite seriously!
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 19:43   #1180
bkc
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, there is a difference. I have observed that MID figures are slightly better. It usually shows around 8 percent higher in my Baleno petrol and also S-Cross 1.6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Dr.Naren,

How much is the difference between MID and actual? People usually report the MID to optimistically show 1-2 KMPL more than the actual (calculated by tankful method).
If the mid average is always better than actual FE, I always get 14-15kmpl on my Swift's MID. Does it mean I have very low FE?

Last edited by bkc : 2nd February 2017 at 19:44.
Old 3rd February 2017, 09:32   #1181
BHPian

Massive Ignis hoardings in Pune. Seems like they have taken over all the major spots in the city and are going all out. The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1486094491.559702.jpg
ragh_bhushan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 12:29   #1182
BHPian

Today I saw ignis in person, parked outside Nexa, Shivajinagar, Pune. From side view it looked bigger than Wagan R and reminded me of old Fiat Uno. At least backside was similar feeling. After looking at price point and needing occasionally highway drives, I deleted this car from my buying list. May look Ford figo, Baleno or worst case Ecosport.

Last edited by omishra : 3rd February 2017 at 12:32.
Old 3rd February 2017, 15:49   #1183
BHPian

The day before yesterday,we took delivery of, our Ignis Zeta Petrol manual variant.

It's meant for my wife, as a replacement for her alto.

I am really impressed with the car, it's peppy and light to handle. Controls are all light, especially clutch and steering. Perfect for city driving.

Gear shift is butter smooth on petrol variant, very unlike other maruti cars.

It handles well, even at high speeds, thanks to tapering design and corner placed wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_2645.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_2658-2.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_2667-2.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_2676-2.jpg  

Last edited by anilntny : 3rd February 2017 at 15:56.
anilntny is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 16:04   #1184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
The day before yesterday,we took delivery of, our Ignis Zeta Petrol manual variant.

It's meant for my wife, as a replacement for her alto.

I am really impressed with the car, it's peppy and light to handle. Controls are all light, especially clutch and steering. Perfect for city driving.

It handles well, even at high speeds, thanks to tapering design and corner placed wheels.
Congrats on the new car sir and wishing you many happy miles with it.

The zeta is the only variant which has been priced well IMO.

BTW, did you opt for any personalisation kits? (Maruti is putting these to good use in marketing)

Enjoy the car.

Regards,
Vishy76
Old 3rd February 2017, 18:23   #1185
bkc
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post

Congrats for your new car, happy to hear that, the small car handles well at high speeds. Yes, Gear shift has improved over the years with Maruti. Especially, starting from the old swift.
Any comments on the braking department?

Last edited by bkc : 3rd February 2017 at 18:24.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks