Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2017, 20:51   #1186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
The day before yesterday,we took delivery of, our Ignis Zeta Petrol manual variant.

It's meant for my wife, as a replacement for her alto.

I am really impressed with the car, it's peppy and light to handle. Controls are all light, especially clutch and steering. Perfect for city driving.

Gear shift is butter smooth on petrol variant, very unlike other maruti cars.

It handles well, even at high speeds, thanks to tapering design and corner placed wheels.
Congratulations. Yes its stable and confidence inspiring at high speeds. Ride quality is very good and the high ground clearance is a boon.

I feel even though the steering is too light (read dead) at low speed, on high speeds it does add a little bit of weight and is much better to drive at 70+ speeds.
rahul412 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 21:07   #1187
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Congrats on the new car sir and wishing you many happy miles with it.

The zeta is the only variant which has been priced well IMO.

BTW, did you opt for any personalisation kits? (Maruti is putting these to good use in marketing)

Enjoy the car.

Regards,
Vishy76
Thanks, No personalisation kit yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkc View Post
Congrats for your new car, happy to hear that, the small car handles well at high speeds. Yes, Gear shift has improved over the years with Maruti. Especially, starting from the old swift.
Any comments on the braking department?
Thanks, braking offers good bite and availability of ABS, adds to confidence.

Last edited by anilntny : 3rd February 2017 at 21:14.
Old 4th February 2017, 11:07   #1188
Senior - BHPian

My father-in-law took delivery of Ignis Alpha 1.2 MT yesterday from Nexa Kadri Road, Mangalore. Its a dual tone Uptown Red(with black rood and side RVMs). On road price came around 8.53 lakhs.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_20170203_180759437_top.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_20170203_180816772.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_20170203_180831437.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_20170203_181509913.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_20170203_181515101.jpg

Seeing the colour in the brochure during booking, this shade of red looked similar to he Ruby Red shade of the new Figo. But seeing the car in person, the Red shade has an orange tinge and makes it look like orange when viewed from certain angles.

Delivery Experience
Having been promised delivery at 4 PM, we reached the showroom at 4:10 PM(full payment having been made a couple of days earlier, Accessories requested and paid for were : Full rubber carpeting and seat covers plus basic accessories). The car was still being worked upon. All seats were removed from the car and rubber carpeting work was being done. The entire process(carpeting+seat cover fitment) took around 2 hours and we got the delivery around 6:15 PM. It was disappointing that an apparently "premium" showroom was so lax in the delivery process. They did not even inform us that the delivery will be a bit so that we could have left for the showroom a bit later. They however were apologetic and blamed the deliveries of around 12-13 cars that day for the delay. A cake was cut, a box of chocolate and framed a photo were handed over. Mud flaps were not fitted as apparently the ones they have in stock are leaving some gap between the mud flap and the bumpor(rear). They will inform us when they have better fitting mud flaps in stock.

First thoughts
First thoughts after looking at the car in person : A Car grossly overpriced for its size. Similarly priced, feature equipped and bigger cars like the new Figo and Grand i10 (Facelift) cost less.

The good
Voice recognition works very well(even better than the Sync in My Figo). The tablet sized touchscreen is very responsive and fast with almost no lag. The inbuilt maps and navigation too were quite good. The DRLs look amazing specially at night. The steering felt light and effortless, perfect for the city.
The car felt fast an pickup was quite good. The Average FE as per the MID was being shown as 16.9 kmpl after a 12 km drive to my FIL's house.

The Bad
The rear seat felt a bit cramped and dark, possibly because of the oversized front headrests. The Grand i10's and Figo cabin feels much bigger, airy and roomier.
Driving the new Figo and the Grand i10, the gear stick of the Ignis feels much lower and shorter in height compared to those cars. Did not like the gear stick positioning.
The car's rear view and the skinny tyres for some reason reminded me of an autorickshaw!!!
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutisuzukiignisdeltasigmaamtpics3e1484641761315.jpg

Last edited by skanchan95 : 4th February 2017 at 11:10.
skanchan95 is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 15:37   #1189
BHPian

Congrats @Skanchan95

Till date, We're seeing deliveries of only Petrol Ignis. Even TD Vehicles of Diesel version are not available till date.

Does it mean, still the Diesel engined Ignis production has not yet started? Apart from the Cars offered to Journos, I didn't see the Diesels.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 16:27   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
My father-in-law took delivery of Ignis Alpha 1.2 MT yesterday from Nexa Kadri Road, Mangalore. Its a dual tone Uptown Red(with black rood and side RVMs). On road price came around 8.53 lakhs.
If you get a chance, do test out the LED headlights and post your thoughts please.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 16:40   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
My father-in-law took delivery of Ignis Alpha 1.2 MT yesterday from Nexa Kadri Road, Mangalore. Its a dual tone Uptown Red(with black rood and side RVMs). On road price came around 8.53 L
Looks great in red shade, it's not a F-I-L type of a car it's more a 'Potha' type of a car; it's meant for the younger self driven brigade, it's a life style car and that said, your F-I-L would have been better of in an Elite i20 or even a Platinum Etios with it's great seating comfort, both of the above really cost probably around the same on road. The quirky looks are strictly of the "like it or hate it" type.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 06:31   #1192
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yup. Maruti usually does a good job with the suspension tuning when it comes to ride quality and the Ignis is no different. Rides very well.
Thanks a lot Viddy. Appreciate the detail. Let me ask Dad to check out ze Baleno then. But he will most certainly miss the Reverse Camera and the Infotainment system. He hardly drives in the dark so we can live without Xenon lamps.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th February 2017 at 11:41. Reason: Trimming quoted content. Makes it easier to read for our smartphone users. Thanks!
Old 5th February 2017, 10:48   #1193
BHPian

Ignis is having some similarity with mini cooper, when one of my friends said this, I did some research and came across these pictures.

Pictures taken from official web sites.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-download.png  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutiignistinselbluewithpearlarcticwhitedualtonecolors.jpg  

anilntny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 12:22   #1194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ignis is having some similarity with mini cooper, when one of my friends said this, I did some research and came across these pictures.
Congrats on the Ignis! The petrol MT is the best variant.

And I think it's closer to the i3 than the Mini.
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-bmwi3protonicblue1.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 12:40   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Apart from both having four wheels and two-tone colour I couldn't see any similarity.

All cars can be compared to each other and would match atleast by some percentage, but by how much is the real question.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4129494
Go through this post and also all the posts on that page, you will be delighted.

Quote:

Pictures taken from official web sites.

Last edited by carwatcher : 5th February 2017 at 12:46.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 13:16   #1196
Senior - BHPian

So Maruti is going the Honda Jazz way, pricing the Ignis way too high. Isn't this car suppose to fill in for the Ritz. Imagine paying 8+ lacs for a Ritz. People should wait for the new Swift rather than this which would be more value for money (if they get the price right ie). Won't people simply go for the Baleno instead which probably has more space. I wonder what Maruti is thinking ?
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 10:41   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
If you get a chance, do test out the LED headlights and post your thoughts please.
Besides the coolness factor, the projector headlights are bright and lit up the road ahead quite well. The DRLs look awesome, specially in the dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Looks great in red shade, it's not a F-I-L type of a car it's more a 'Potha' type of a car; it's meant for the younger self driven brigade, it's a life style car and that said, your F-I-L would have been better of in an Elite i20 or even a Platinum Etios with it's great seating comfort, both of the above really cost probably around the same on road. The quirky looks are strictly of the "like it or hate it" type.
My Father-in-law's previous car was an i10 1.2 and the other car in his house is a Xylo H4. He used the i10 go to his office and in the city(where parking space is getting less day by day). The Xylo is used mainly only on the highway or if the number of people travelling are more than five.

To replace the i10, he needed a small car with all the modern features. He had booked a Baleno 1.2 Alpha earlier, but looking at the impending Ignis launch, he switched over to the Ignis. Compared to the Baleno, he preferred the Ignis for its smaller size and similar features. He felt that just like the i10, the Ignis will be easier to drive in some of the hopelessly cramped roads in Mangalore.
skanchan95 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 16:51   #1198
BHPian

I got a chance to checkout Ignis few days back and felt that the seats are a bit too soft. Since maruthi designed ignis as a city car, seats might also be designed to be comfortable for short commutes. But during long trips it may cause back pain. Has anyone else felt so?
Old 6th February 2017, 19:41   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep4u View Post
I got a chance to checkout Ignis few days back and felt that the seats are a bit too soft. Since maruthi designed ignis as a city car, seats might also be designed to be comfortable for short commutes. But during long trips it may cause back pain. Has anyone else felt so?
Yes seats are a bit soft but are very comfortable. Yesterday I drove it for close to 2.5 hrs in one go and didn't feel any tiredness as such (and I am suffering from lower backpain these days).

Atleast the front seats will be comfortable during long journey (thats what I think) and adding good quality seat covers will further improve the comfort level.
rahul412 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 22:47   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep4u View Post
General thumb rule with Marutis (except for the lowest end like 800/Alto etc):

Front seats are very very comfortable.

Rear seats are a letdown.

So it really depends on where you are sitting. I use my Ritz as 2-seater and the comfort in the front seats is pretty good.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks