Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2017, 11:58   #1306
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
Nexa says, Ignis is world's urban car.
I hope you noted the word FINALIST
I am surprised why they did not advertise this much earlier. Our friend volkman10 had posted the same on 8th March itself. Unheard of MSIL being slow capitalizing such news.

Last edited by RaghuVis : 30th March 2017 at 12:21.
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 14:16   #1307
BHPian

Can't see any Diesel AMT owner on this Forum. I'd cancelled my booking just because there was no TD Vehicle of the same variant. I can see many Petrol AMT owners on this thread, but not the Diesel one.

Are there any Diesel AMT owners here? It doesn't matter whether it's Delta or Zeta.
Old 30th March 2017, 14:16   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We had to call for the car in Bombay as the photoshoot & review still needed additional info. Plus, there was one engine + tranny combination pending.

The review is a work-in-progress.
Hey GTO! How much longer do we have to wait?

I keep checking everyday just for the Ignis review.
Monolithic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 15:03   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
I hope you noted the word FINALIST
I am surprised why they did not advertise this much earlier. Our friend volkman10 had posted the same on 8th March itself. Unheard of MSIL being slow capitalizing such news.
A possible scenario - MSIL decided to wait for the winner announcement on the 13th of April and soon realised, the word finalist sounds grander than calling the Ignis a runner up. I don't wish it loses the top spot, just saying both BMW and Citroen may win too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
Hey GTO! How much longer do we have to wait?

I keep checking everyday just for the Ignis review.
Same boat, same question. Booked a glistening grey 1.2 Delta and waiting for the official review. Sure there is a lot of elbow grease on to make the wait sweeter. Thanks team
Graven5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 15:33   #1310
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graven5 View Post
Booked a glistening grey 1.2 Delta and waiting for the official review.
My opinion: if higher price is not a deterrent for you, go ahead and take delivery. It's a perfect city runabout, and occasional highway rider. Better than the crop of cars like Wagon-R, Celerio, i10 and the likes.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 30th March 2017 at 15:35.
Old 30th March 2017, 21:00   #1311
vij
BHPian

Me too. Waiting for teambhp review. Planning to book the Zeta for wife. I have seen enough reviews and liked the test drive, but nothing like getting confirmation from a community backed site like teambhp.
Old 30th March 2017, 22:10   #1312
Distinguished - BHPian

Accompanied a friend for an Ignis Test Drive today. Some inputs.

General Observations:
  • Car was brought to our office post office hours in the evening. Drive was mostly through some internal roads where traffic was not heavy.
  • Car was the Zeta Petrol AT in the Blue and White Dual tone.
  • Knowledgeable SA knew enough about the car, including the technical details on the differences between the AMT and the CVT.
  • A quirky looking car, I personally prefer understated designs. This looked decent enough, but a bit over designed in my opinion. The unique design, dual tone colors, protruding wheel arches all seem to scream for attention.
  • Interiors were a mixed bag. Some parts look good while some of the plastics looked pretty ordinary. The white door pad will definitely be a dirt magnet.
  • Enough space all round including the back seat. But seats felt thin and under thigh support was very poor for me.
  • Instrument cluster looked nice and bright. Buttons on the steering also felt good. On the down side, that center console with the HU looked hideous for me.
  • No Automatic Climate Control, No Driver seat height adjustment were big downers for me. Audio sounded very ordinary inspite of 6 speakers.

The Drive:
  • Although not the top variant, it had the start/stop button. I would have gladly preferred the HU in the Alpha instead of the Start/Stop.
  • Once you slot into D, the car starts to move without much drama. Shifter felt good enough.
  • As you drive with a light foot, the car shifts up early and the shifts, though noticeable is nowhere like the Celerio. Maruti have managed to improve the AMT in the Ignis and it definitely feels closer to a normal AT as compared to the other Maruti AMT's.
  • If you press down a little hard, then the car lets you know loud and clear that it is an AMT. Jerks on both up-shifts and downshifts are definitely felt.
  • Sudden changes in A pedal inputs leaves the gearbox confused and seems to hunt for the right gear. Typical AMT behavior.
  • Steering felt very very light with a lot of free play.
  • Ride was surprisingly stiff, not sure why they made it so. This is not expected to be a corner carver.
  • While I was driving, the SA decided to demonstrate manual mode and leaned over from the back seat and before I knew it, had shifted to manual mode and dropped 3 gears. I lost my concentration for a second. Pretty stupid thing to do.

Overall, the AMT definitely feels better in the Ignis as compared to the Celerio. I stepped out feeling ok with the AMT, but was not too happy about the fact that its is not offered in the top variant and hence misses several goodies. At 8 Lakhs OTR Bangalore, felt it was a little too much and maybe the Grand i10 was the better choice at this price.

Later I realized that Hyundai are no longer offering the Grand i10 AT in the top end Asta trim. It is also only offered in the Sports(O) trim and misses ABS, but gives a few other goodies over the Ignis including an AVN System.

So for a buyer it is basically a choice between having the cool stuff like AVN system or going with a proper 2 airbags +ABS configuration the Ignis has.

The SA said they have several AMT cars in stock. Looks like it is not moving as they expected it to.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th March 2017 at 23:15. Reason: As requested
Rajeevraj is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 09:44   #1313

Booked Ignis Alpha Petrol Tinsel Blue with Black top, of course, after some deliberation. Not even in my dreams did I want to go for a Ignis, considering its quirky looks. I realized, that after a point my head took over my heart.

I was basically looking for a city car with the following minimum requirements:

1. Good fuel efficiency
2. Good seating ergonomics - meaning adjustable steering as well as height adjustable seats.
3. New Launches, as I want the car to be still contemporary by the time I decide to change, say 3-4 years.

Keeping these aspects in mind set out to the market. Among the shortlists were the Figo, Kwid, Grand i10 and Ignis (was a surprise last minute contender).

Test drove all the above except for the Grand i10 as the TD vehicle was not available inspite of following up with Pavan Hyundai for 2 weeks.

As FE was a priority, I was scouting for a diesel initially. While Figo looked to meet the FE requirement, upon discussion with my family & friends, the perception that this car ages quickly prompted me to look for alternatives.

Next, took the Kwid AMT for a spin. Looked decent for short distance commute. As my usage is around 80~90 kms daily, dropped it as I felt there wasn't enough under thigh & back support to make it a comfortable commute. Im around 5'11 and I struggled to find a comfortable driving position.

Since the grand i10 wasn't available, tried the Ignis. TD of both the Zeta Diesel MT & Zeta Petrol AMT went well, meaning, felt the power and handling adequate for the city.

Some of things I liked about the Ignis:
  1. Decent FE for the petrol as so far already reported in this forum.
  1. Liked the seating position with height adjustment and the back support provided by the seats.
  1. Dual tone Dash & Safety Tech provided in this trim. Touchscreen HU looked decent. Controls felt of a good make & quality. Front seats are the place to be in.
  1. As it is a new launch & already looking to be a popular model, perceive a decnt resale price in a few years down the line.

Gathering from the initial reviews on this forum, noticed that most of the bookings were for the petrol and the FE reported also was decent enough (~18kml). This was an encouragement to confirm my own booking. Added to this, the fact that the Zeta MT diesel came with an additional Rs.40K premium over the fully loaded Alpha petrol, I settled for the petrol.

Delivery is expected next week as the vehicle is in stock. More posts to come on the ownership experience after I get the vehicle. Cheers.
Alchemist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 05:17   #1314
BHPian

James May's short review on the IGNIS as published in Drivetribe.

Quote:
The ‘mild’ hybrid system (their word; it’s not an aggressive hybrid that knocks your pint over and then kicks your head in) comprises a simple starter/generator and a double-A battery under the passenger seat. The whole lot weighs only 6.2kg, and the whole car is commendably light at 920kg. If you choose the basic fwd version, it’s just 855kg. Bashin’.
Quote:
What I have done is drive around in the Fart as if it were my car, and it’s really good. The engine (1.2 litres) is quite sweet, the hybrid system is seemingly effective but ignorable, it rides well, it’s well equipped, it looks amusing, and it comes in whacko colours. It weighs bugger all and costs from £9,600 to £13,600. It must be made from cheese and full of helium.

Best of all, though, it feels incredibly good-humoured.
With his love for tiny city runabouts, i was expecting a more eloquently worded piece.
rohitoasis is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 12:48   #1315
BHPian

Just watched a video review of Ignis, created in a slightly offbeat format

The Powerdrift team is just amazingly creative, enjoy

Transporter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 14:58   #1316
BHPian

Completed the first service on my Ignis Petrol a few days back. Odometer stands at around 1200 kms and the MID shows an FE figure of about 15.4kmpl. I have driven the car mostly in city conditions with AC ON 95% time. The MID shows 1-1.5kmpl extra in terms of FE so I think my real FE figure would be around 14kmpl which is still pretty good. Overall, I love driving the car in city and since I've crossed 1000 kms now, I can push it a bit more above 2.5K RPM. Will be writing an ownership review as well as shooting a video review soon.
Cheers!
Old 6th April 2017, 22:53   #1317
BHPian

@Mods
When is the official Team-BHP review coming online?
Old 10th April 2017, 21:39   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
Completed the first service on my Ignis Petrol a few days back. Odometer stands at around 1200 kms and the MID shows an FE figure of about 15.4kmpl. I have driven the car mostly in city conditions with AC ON 95% time. The MID shows 1-1.5kmpl extra in terms of FE so I think my real FE figure would be around 14kmpl which is still pretty good. Overall, I love driving the car in city and since I've crossed 1000 kms now, I can push it a bit more above 2.5K RPM. Will be writing an ownership review as well as shooting a video review soon.
Cheers!
I get 18+ in city driving with AC on with some spirited driving. Plan to go on a highway trip soon. First service was a simple affair with no problems observed except for a crazy Bluetooth compatibility issue with my smartphones.
Old 11th April 2017, 19:16   #1319
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
I get 18+ in city driving with AC on with some spirited driving. Plan to go on a highway trip soon. First service was a simple affair with no problems observed except for a crazy Bluetooth compatibility issue with my smartphones.
Are these MID figures ? Or measured tankful to tankful ?
Old 12th April 2017, 01:48   #1320
BHPian

After lot of brainstorming and confusion, I finally booked Ignis Zeta AMT - Petrol today

I have been given waiting period of one month. I have some queries which I though I will post here. I am sure members who have booked Ignis earlier can help me with this.

1. Will i get any confirmation SMS from Maruti saying that they have received my booking?

2. Should I take insurance from them or explore outside options? Any good insurers in Gurgaon?

3. What all is there as a part of standard accessory kit? should I take it or avoid?

4. Any specific advise?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks