Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2015, 19:41   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Renault's all-new K(w)id to deliver 25 kmpl, as per an exclusive by Motoroids.

It will be available in 4 variants, they add.

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwid10.jpg

Quote:
Fuel efficiency will also be class leading, as the KWID will deliver as much as 25 kmpl, as compared to the Maruti Alto 800’s 21.38 kmpl, and the Hyundai Eon’s 21.1 kmpl.
No diesel engine option will be available at launch, although there are reports of a bigger, 1.0-litre petrol engine in the works.
Power will be sent to the front wheels via a 5-speed manual transmission, while the possibility of an AMT also exists.
The interiors of the Renault KWID will feature a couple of segment first features, which include a seven-inch (18 cm) touch-screen equipped Media-Nav multimedia/navigation system housed in the piano black finished center console, and a fully digital instrument cluster.
Boot space, at 300 litres will be the largest in its segment, as compared to the Hyundai Eon’s 215 litres and Maruti Alto 800’s 177 litres.
The KWID will be available in 4 variants, with the no-frills, basic variant getting unpainted bumpers, exposed steel wheels and no side strips. The top-end variant will get alloy wheels and some chrome trimming on the outside, apart from added features.
Motoroids
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 21:07   #302
BHPian

re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Some movement on Renault site. Looks like it's near, but they're also starting another SM contest. The last contest lasted 10 days. And, another pic.

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-hld.jpg
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 09:30   #303
BHPian

Some more advertisements. This one is in Sony signal, Koramangala. A super massive poster:

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-1441339055262.jpg
kp1992 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 13:11   #304
BHPian

Spied - Renault Kwid at a dealer yard ahead of launch via IndianAutosBlog

Quote:
The Kwid in Silver is seen with features such as body coloured front and rear bumpers, foglamps and wheel caps while the Kwid in Bronze gets wing mirrors with bulgy mirror caps, and what appears to be body coloured door handles, suggesting it to be the range-topping version.
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwidfrontdealerspied900x720.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwidreardealerspied900x720.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwidsidedealerspied900x720.jpg
SandyX is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 16:35   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

The interior of the Kwid snapped by the same IAB source.

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renaultkwidinteriordealerspied.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 17:22   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The interior of the Kwid snapped by the same IAB source.

I'm not sure about the slightly dull looking interiors, power window switches on the lower-dash, and grey plastic all around. Then again, the buying public might do a Duster and like this one if they see value in the looks.
Old 4th September 2015, 18:40   #307
BHPian

There's an injustice to beefier wheel arches and high stance by stock wheels. I would pick my favorite set of five spoke wheels and go bling.

Pardon my average skills.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-kwid1.png  

procrastinator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 23:54   #308
BHPian

Based on reports, Renault has invested Rs.3000 crores in developing the Kwid - that's $ US dollars 500 million !! That's a lot of money. Don't know where they invested it. And not sure how they are even going to recoup that much investment. And if it flops I think Renault is pretty much done in India what with all the recent layoffs & piling inventories .
deltheking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 11:45   #309
BHPian

I spotted a red one last week. I was sitting in my car, parked and I saw that grille in my rear view mirror. Quickly turned as a Kwid with test car number plate went past and I got a look from 3 angles. It looks good - probably smallest car having a good road presence. Felt the tires could be an inch bigger, though - the gap to wheel arch was noticeable.
echo77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 15:44   #310
BHPian

Just heard about the Kwid today from my friend, and immediately came to TBHP to check if there was any news about it, and here we are!

My friends who are looking for a small AT or AMT and were currently looking at Celerio and Grand i10 are now very excited at the prospect of having another (fresher) car to choose from - if the Kwid has an AT/AMT option, that is.

From the pictures, the car looks really good and has a strong stance. Yes I agree with many who said that the wheels look small - I would also probably go for a tyre upgrade if I was buying this car.
Old 7th September 2015, 19:10   #311
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch_hornet View Post
My friends who are looking for a small AT or AMT and were currently looking at Celerio and Grand i10 are now very excited at the prospect of having another (fresher) car to choose from - if the Kwid has an AT/AMT option, that is.
As per information available on the internet, Kwid is not expected to launch an AMT with the initial release. AMT and the 1.0L engine variants are expected later.

Spoke to one of the dealers today as I remembered he'd mentioned that the demo car will be available in the first week of September, but he said it is now expected in the first week of October
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 16:05   #312
MSC
BHPian

Renault is trying to do a Maruti with help of Kwid.
The case of Kwid is a curious one. The car definitely looks way better than Maruti Alto or Hyundai Eon which it is hoping to take on. If Renault manages to offer what it is promising, Alto may be having a challenge finally.
Only thing which remains to be seen is that will Kwid be able to shift people from Maruti and Hyundai showrooms. When Eon was due to be released, it looked as if Alto is in mortal threat, but it could not effect Alto much as was expected.
Old 9th September 2015, 13:20   #313
BHPian

Kwid's 0.8 ltr motor to produce 57bhp (7.5kgm of torque) against chief competitor Alto's(800) 47bhp and Eon's 54bhp.

Source - Autocar India
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...on-397369.aspx
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 19:04   #314
BHPian

Full specs & trim details to be out by tomorrow. Launch expected next month.

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-jrn.jpg
SandyX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 20:57   #315
BHPian

Key takeaways from today's media event.

- 80% developed in India
- 800cc 3-pot 54PS/72Nm
- FE 25.17 Kmpl
- Loaded AVN & 300lt boot space
- Weight 660kg :cyl head, intake manifold and oil pan plastic, 12kg saved on screws
- Virtual showroom to make choice of color, variant & booking starts Sept 14th
- 25 lifestyle decals & 6 accessory packs

via @eshanshetty @Zigwheels

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-cod2mqbueaelrcc.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-cod9cmluaaa2cfv.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-cod8gpwuyaezxas.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-codempveaatak8.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-codhlzuaaadqp0.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-codgywvaaez5fm.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-codf47ukaaprsl.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-coeazjmueaezvok.jpg

Last edited by SandyX : 9th September 2015 at 21:09.
SandyX is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks