Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 16:05   #376
BHPian

re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Talked to the dealer now. Official price announcement expected on 25th sept. Great if it leaks well before. 34 cars coming in first lot at Calicut showroom.

Yea the comparison on app looks scary. Hope they wont kill it on the first day itself.

Last edited by SandyX : 14th September 2015 at 16:20.
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 17:52   #377
Senior - BHPian

Renault Kwid official accessory list. Bookings open

A big thank you to the Team-BHP fan who prefers to remain anonymous, for sending us the soft copy of the accessories brochure.

Renault's upcoming Kwid has gathered a lot of interest in the recent times not only because its SUV-esque styling but also because of its aggressive (expected) pricing strategy, overall dimensions and tall fuel efficiency. While competing with a rival like the Alto - India's best selling car, the Renault Kwid had to have more than one distinguishing factors. So here it is then...

Renault will be presenting the Kwid with a long list of personalisation accessories which will be available at the dealer level. With over 60 categories to choose from, this level of personalisation is a segment first. The accessories are expected to be priced reasonably and Renault will also offer finance schemes on these.

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-dsc01726.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-dsc01730.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-dsc01732.jpg

Some of these accessories include chrome accents, rain visors, roof rails, mud flaps, side plastic cladding, car covers, door sills, floor mats, steering wheel cover, seat covers etc.

Here's the brochure:
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-52685428_0.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-52685428_1.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-52685428_2.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-52685428_3.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-52685428_4.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-52685428_5.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-52685428_6.jpg

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-52685428_7.jpg

Bookings for the Kwid officially opened today i.e. September 14, 2015. Customers can also use the Kwid app to book their vehicle. Deliveries are expected in the festive period.

Last edited by S2!!! : 14th September 2015 at 18:08.
S2!!! is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 18:08   #378
BHPian

re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

So the better ORVM is an accessory. Glad to see that.

Brochure has mostly same contents as the app. Already see a small list of accessories i might go for if they stay true to the pricing. Sadly, people are gonna abuse this car with all that tacky chrome options. Pray i don't come across one such.
Old 14th September 2015, 18:40   #379
BHPian

The alloy wheels and the roof rails in the brochure pic looks super! Really looks like a mini duster.
Old 14th September 2015, 18:41   #380
BHPian

Renault have done a commendable job with a brilliant product and excellent marketing. With all these customisation options it is getting better and better..!

Most of the reviews out there for Kwid is positive which is really good.

The only thing they have to do now is to price it sensibly and back it up with good ASS.

I really wish that it gives them some good numbers
Old 14th September 2015, 20:28   #381
Senior - BHPian

This looks like a big winner on the cards. Now with later variants a 1 liter turbocharged petrol, an AMT or torque converter 5/6 speed gearbox + a downsized K9K diesel engine, all of this reasonably priced and this will dethrone a lot of cars up and down the range.
Old 14th September 2015, 22:07   #382
BHPian

A very well made review by PowerDrift. Sharp editing & some neat shots.

SandyX is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 23:29   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Thanks for sharing.

Pretty detailed for a 4-minute video . I liked the fact that they didn't waste too much time in music, rather the anchor kept revealing some information or the other. I'd also agree to most of the things he said.
Old 15th September 2015, 00:42   #384
BHPian

I was really not tracking the Kwid and its launch. However, a full front page ad this morning made me curious and then took me to the dealership close to the office. There was no display car yet neither was available any brochure on in. While about to leave disappointed, the SA decided to took us to a covered Kwid, not meant for display actually. Permitted was only a quick glance from outside and a couple of snaps.

The car has something in it that impresses instantaneously. Front is quite like Duster, with wide crocodile faced bonnet. There it is quite distinct from any car in B-segment and appears quite butch. The side view is more like Hyundai which even SA could not resist mentioning. Read somewhere that it weighs around 700 kgs. Must say that its appearance belies that fact. Can also say that no Maruti hatch at least has comparable looks. The respect further goes up considering that in price is is likely to compete with Alto/Eon and not i10/Celerio, if the reports are to be believed. The SA mentioned that ex-showroom price of top-variant is expected to be around 4.25L. If so, Maruti/Hyundai have reason to be worried.

Could not feel the interiors, but seemed quite liberal with the space. Would like to get the feeling of seats & steering as soon as it is put on display.

The 800cc engine sounds a downer to some extent. Though power and torque figures are batter than Alto 800, its still to be seen how it performs when loaded. I personally would have loved the option of a larger engine, with 15-20% more power. The FE figure is a big positive though which can be another challenge for competition.

All in all, a well packaged product with good inherent qualities. If priced indeed well, I hope that the odd deficiencies will be overlooked.

Good to see that those considered also-ran have started bringing out very competitive products. First it was Tata Zest, then Ford Aspire and now this one. Great for the customer.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-kwidfront.jpg  

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-kwidside.jpg  

Last edited by rsm97 : 15th September 2015 at 00:46.
rsm97 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 06:07   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
A very quid morning to you all. Very nice review.

The car looks very good, I cannot find fault with a single design element except for those puny wheels held by just 3 lug nuts and the pathetic ORVMs. The latter though can be replaced by the OEM accessory which looks good.

However, it is the kerb weight which is my biggest worry. The review says, at 660 kg, its 100kgs lighter than the Nano. Gulp! Hope the build doesn't go the Datsun way and the Kwid is structurally safe and will last. But I am not very optimistic. Waiting for a TD and the review that matters.

Here is a very good review by Overdrive. They say the NVH is very impressive though the performance is found wanting.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 09:48   #386
Senior - BHPian

Mods, any update on the Team Bhp review?? Or the "First Impressions"
Old 15th September 2015, 09:53   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Renault has managed to create a huge Buzz for the Kwid. Ford should learn from them.

Downloaded the App. The comparison with Swift, Wagon R, Celerio and Elite i20 is intelligent as well as misleading. Below is the selective list of features that they are comparing.

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-screenshot_20150915094243.png

Some of them makes you think wow. Like ground clearance, boot space and infotainment system and sat nav. Others are little weird to me-Like SUV design and Pillar Cladding.

Personally would have been happier if they gave at least one airbag and ABS as standard and then compared against any of the entry models (But that is too much to expect).

Hope that they do not get the positive buzz into their head and try to price it in the Celerio/Swift/i20 Category. That would deflate the buzz pretty quickly. I assume a lot of the buzz is due to the fact that this is expected to be positioned against entry level cars like the the Alto/Eon/ Go.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 10:54   #388
BHPian

This definitely looks a very hot hatch. I think even some B1 segment prospective buyers will definitely try this. While watching Powerdrift review yesterday first thing that came to my mind was a sexy set of alloys with this and it will be a complete looker (not that it isn't now). With such detailed list of accessories renault is offering much more value to the buyer shopping in this segment.

My wild imagination has even compelled me to think that may be renault should consider enlarging overall size and come up with a sub 4 meter SUV with such evoque inspired front.

Thanks to bhpian who shared these pics.
Old 15th September 2015, 11:14   #389
BANNED

Apart from the looks, the 300 litre boot space is staggering to me -- narrowly beats even the i20, Punto and Polo, and handily beats the likes of Swift and i10. That too apparently without compromising leg space in the rear seats. I wonder how they managed that. The reported lack of power, especially on inclines, is a bit disappointing. I would think a version with a more powerful engine, priced in the Rs 4 lakh range, would have a big market. But perhaps they are waiting to see the reception of the basic version first. Crash safety is another concern.

Here's another thought relating to the low kerb weight and low power. On test drives, with a 660 kg car and lets say a 70 kg driver, the car was already reportedly a bit sluggish and underpowered. But it is a big spacious car with lots of boot space, and it would be tempting to load it up. Suppose there are, in addition to the driver, 3 adult (70kg) and 1 child (30kg) passengers, and 100kg of luggage, bringing the total weight to 1070kg (a nearly 50% increase over the single-driver situation) -- how will the car handle then?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th September 2015 at 12:15. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
rsidd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 13:49   #390
BHPian

Renault Kwid On-site Training

http://www.takoma.fr/blog/portfolio/...-renault-kwid/

Quote:
Takoma has been selected by Renault Academy to ensure the design and animation of the launch of on-site training.

Takoma took over the entire device: instructional design, realization of media, gamification practical exercises in workshops, recruitment of trainers and monitors for dynamic tests on circuit, not to mention the coordination of the deployment and implementation of videos spot.

This training took place over two days, in complete confidentiality, to a diverse population of team-leaders, concessions managers, local trainers, etc.

First operation of this type located in India with consideration of local constraints, this unforgettable experience is also participating with a satisfaction rate of 98.5%, a real success for Takoma!
Click "watch on vimeo" to view.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks