Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2015, 16:51   #391
RSR
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Yea the comparison on app looks scary. Hope they wont kill it on the first day itself.
Don't worry, it's all a part of marketing - building up as much hype as possible around a promising new product.

I do believe Renault India would not break Carlos Ghosn's promise of a price tag of 3 to 4 lac rupees. I hope they offer the top variant with a driver airbag for just less than 4 lacs, ex-showroom.

In fact, I think they can get rid of the lower two variants. Hardly anyone buys a car without A/C and power steering these days. Even the Nano's barebones lower variants were discontinued by Tata because of poor buyer response.

They should instead concentrate on bringing in more variants. A variant with ABS, passenger airbag, rear ELR seat belts & a day-night IRVM would be very welcome.

Renault should also work towards introducing the 1000cc engine and AMT versions as quickly as possible, in order to capitalise on the sheer excitement this stunning little K(w)id Duster is going to create in the market.

The accessories look great! I simply love the Kwid with those roof-rails, alloys, side-cladding and chrome grille (but minus the other garish chrome bits).

With steeply falling monthly sales numbers for their star product (Duster), and the accomplished Lodgy sadly turning out to be a sales flop, Renault's youngest K(w)id is carrying a lot of family expectations on its shoulders.

I think this K(w)id and its future sibling (i.e. Redi-Go) do have what it takes to chart a much-needed & terrific turn around for the Renault-Nissan-Datsun extended family in India.

Last edited by RSR : 15th September 2015 at 17:04.
RSR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 17:24   #392
BHPian

re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Did anyone book the car online using the app? Is the booking amount fully refundable? without any deductions if you are not interested at a later point?

Also, is there any advantage of booking with a small town dealer? The chances of getting the car earlier is higher with such a dealer due to the allocations IMO. Am I right or is it a centralized booking system?
Old 15th September 2015, 19:19   #393
BHPian

Renault KWID Virtual Showroom

via twitter

Last edited by SandyX : 15th September 2015 at 19:24.
Old 16th September 2015, 11:42   #394
BHPian

The concept and the bold step taken by Renault is interesting. I'd say it's like taking the bull by the horns. As someone already said, this segment really needed some overhaul in terms of design.
Seeing Alto top the charts every time is boring It's time we have a new winner or at least give Maruti a challenge. This might prompt or must've already prompted Maruti to look at designing a newer model for this segment.
In the end the customer will get more options which is good.
Old 16th September 2015, 11:54   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault India rolls out the KrazyForKwid contest, where contestants are required to upload videos or photos to prove their craziness for big small cars, using hashtags #KrazyForKwid and #LiveForMore.

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-untitled.jpg

The contest is open on both Twitter and Facebook.

One lucky winner will get to drive home a brand new Kwid while 20 others will get Kwid gift hampers with T-shirts, caps, battery banks and car shades.

Official Page Link

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th September 2015 at 12:01.
Old 16th September 2015, 12:10   #396
BHPian

With Renault's dwindling sales in Duster due to fierce competition, and Lodgy not at all moving from the showrooms, now Renault has put in its hope into the Kwid.
Even if Kwid indeed gets the acceptance Renault expects, then it means that the company moves down the value chain.
From once a manufacturer that did not have anything under a million, to a small car manufacturer.
What I do not get is, the Renault-Nissan-Datsun group's branding strategy. They have a Datsun to manufacture small cars, but Renault comes with a small car, competing Alto/Eon!
Whatever it is, we as BHPians having a nice time!
Old 16th September 2015, 15:30   #397
BHPian

First thing Renault need to improve is 'service'. The service is horrible, at least in Hyderabad.
The management can be ambitious to launch as many as vehicles they want, but they are prone to failure unless they improve on service at ground level. It doesn't matter how good 'Kwid' or 'Duster', I personally drive 'duster' but I get much better service at Hyundai where I service my 'santro'.
Old 16th September 2015, 16:24   #398
BHPian

Seems Renault's Kwid has some minor issues and hence someone whom I know (working in Renault) who was planning to book the car has delayed the booking so that renault can fix the issues. But then the official release is as planned.
joecherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 16:36   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Seems Renault's Kwid has some minor issues and hence someone whom I know (working in Renault) who was planning to book the car has delayed the booking so that renault can fix the issues. But then the official release is as planned.
Does this mean the cars sent already to dealers have these issues? Any more details on how they plan to apply the fix across those?
Old 16th September 2015, 17:28   #400
BHPian

Looks like this is the case. Renault employees were offered some good package for kwid but then, due to the minor issues, people have postponed availing this offer
Old 16th September 2015, 17:56   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Joe,

Uh, that's a fairly strong rumor that can have great impact. Please substantiate with details for the benefit of the average user. Thanks.
phamilyman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 17:59   #402
BHPian

I just shared what I heard from him. Will definitely share as and when I hear more on this. The minor issue seems on some sort of sound coming from the engine which is not audible to the normal user but then they noticed it. The team is actively working on it, it seems.
Old 16th September 2015, 19:02   #403
BHPian

Download official brochure here: PDF

Kwid Virtual Showroom: LINK
Old 16th September 2015, 19:08   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Joe,

Uh, that's a fairly strong rumor that can have great impact. Please substantiate with details for the benefit of the average user. Thanks.
It can very well be true, but also don't rule out the possibility of its being competition engineered. Recollect such rumors coming out during some other launches too, which died their own death.

The prototype was ready a few months back and went through road tests, so surprising if something major is altogether missed out that is surfacing now. Hope it is more a glitch than a deficiency.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 20:44   #405
Senior - BHPian

Am i reading it correctly in the brochure?

This car has only driver side airbag as safety feature, that too optional in top variant ! And no ABS at all even as option?
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks