Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2015, 22:38   #601
BHPian

Re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

So looks like this is another side benefit of the light weight of Kwid. You can hang it anywhere, even vertically.
I wonder if it will enable some innovative parking solutions.
mustang_shelby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 23:00   #602
BHPian

Re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Had been to the Vashi showroom on Sunday. Guess what? No car on display!!!

A shabby looking guy who looked like he just came from the smoking room noticed us to which we queried about the KWID.

"Car is not launched yet" he smoked. I said but the prices are out are'nt they? " the display cars will come in first week of October and deliveries will begin around Dassera."

He gave us a price sheet on asking. Like other Bhpians have mentioned the dealers are refusing insurance from outside. I Didnt push for it though.

One funny thing. "Is the booking amount refundable?" my friend asked. To our surprise he said "No". Then he added that, for people booking blindly, if they test drive and don't like the car and have booked before then we can get a refund. But if process is not complete for other reasons, Booking amount wont be refunded.

A lot of people had come looking for the kwid it seems. The attendant claimed around 500 bookings in Mumbai area alone.

All in all, disappointed we didn't get to see the car. Will visit after a couple of weeks till the car and accessory price list arrives. There's no point of booking one without test driving one.

Attaching mumbai prices;
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renault-kwid-mumbai.jpg

RXT (O) is 4.5l on-road Navi mumbai. What would be the cost to upgrade those tyres? and how will the accessories be priced?? I guess it will take upto 5 lacs to deck her up impeccably thats a price pretty close to the Celerio vxi (carwale says)
Old 29th September 2015, 00:11   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post

RXT (O) is 4.5l on-road Navi mumbai. What would be the cost to upgrade those tyres? and how will the accessories be priced?? I guess it will take upto 5 lacs to deck her up impeccably thats a price pretty close to the Celerio vxi (carwale says)

Not the first time I've heard this kind of attitude from Renault dealerships. This is one of the key reasons why Renault didn't take off except for Duster. Even though they are almost twitching the fingers and scraping the bottom on sales, they still are not too keen to attend the customer with enthusiasm. God save Renault in India!

I believe the essential accessories and the depot charges are just added up by the dealer and probably are not mandatory from Renault. That itself stacks up to 12k which is a good 3% of the on-road price. Although the car itself was prices aggressively by Renault their dealerships might kill it due to their attitude and unnecessary add-ons.
thatsdileep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 01:15   #604
BHPian

I too feel the same, dealership is just useless. I booked the car on Friday and no one called me up till now from dealer saying your booking is confirmed or something. After waiting, I called up the dealer and asked have you received it, Sir I need to check and get back to you in 10 min. Its one day no one called. So we are going to receive the same attitude for service as well.
Old 29th September 2015, 10:09   #605
BHPian

I think STD and RxE/ RxE(O) does not make much sense, as these miss out on many convenience features that are considered important these days, such as Power steering, Power windows etc.
These versions are best suited for driving schools.

So, let us consider RxL version:
RxL, one version below top version - does not come with Power windows, and the versions below that does not come with basic equipment such as Power steering, AC etc.
Compared to Alto 800 Lxi version - RxL misses out power windows, but adds a 1 DIN basic music system with 2 speakers, Glove box lamp etc. Both Kwid RxL and Alto 800 Lxi are priced at 3.12L ex-showroom Delhi. But Alto is available at discounts, making it cheaper, and missing convenience features may be added after market.

Compared to Alto, Kwid is lengthier by 280 mm, and higher by 90 mm. Due to that Kwid will probably be more roomier, and bigger boot space. It also gets R13 rims, while Alto gets R12. Ground clearance is 180mm in Kwid, but Alto has only 160mm.

So, to get roomy cabin - Kwid is the best option. But the expect the cost to be 3.75L OTR minimum for RxL version, and 4.5L OTR for RxT(O).
Even if Alto is available at discount, it will come to 3.3L or 3.4L OTR after discount, and if some missing elements (basic music system, remote lock) are added, the price will finally come around 3.6L/3.7L.
Economically I think Kwid RxL makes more sense than an Alto 800 Lxi version. If you can spend a little more RxT(O) makes much more sense, as it comes with all Kwid is advertising.

Note: The above opinion is plainly based on feature to feature comparison. The dealership experience and the after sales support that Renault offers play a major role in deciding to buy Kwid against Alto.
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 10:13   #606
BHPian

Re: Renault's Kwid pricing: Dealers are Kwidding us??!

The Renault app shows a Mumbai ex-showroom price of Rs. 3,59,631 for the RXT(O). And the GenNext Motors chart shows ex-showroom price as Rs. 3.81 lakhs and the on-road price shows Rs. 4.51 lakhs!
So looks pretty much that the dealers have bumped up the price by 20K on their own...
Old 29th September 2015, 10:42   #607
BHPian

Bangalore on road prices obtained from Whitefield Renault. The sales person also mentioned the TD or display car would arrive after 13th October 2015
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PRICE LIST- RENAULT KWID-1.pdf (737.7 KB, 1379 views)

Last edited by rajesh.palaria : 29th September 2015 at 10:45.
rajesh.palaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 11:52   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post

One funny thing. "Is the booking amount refundable?" my friend asked. To our surprise he said "No". Then he added that, for people booking blindly, if they test drive and don't like the car and have booked before then we can get a refund. But if process is not complete for other reasons, Booking amount wont be refunded.

A lot of people had come looking for the kwid it seems. The attendant claimed around 500 bookings in Mumbai area alone.
Are people daft to commence booking without even seeing the car (let alone the process of test drive)?

How will they ascertain that the booking was made by playing "blind" and therefore suitable for a refund?
Old 29th September 2015, 12:16   #609
BHPian

Re: Renault's Kwid pricing: Dealers are Kwidding us??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambomumbai View Post
The Renault app shows a Mumbai ex-showroom price of Rs. 3,59,631 for the RXT(O). And the GenNext Motors chart shows ex-showroom price as Rs. 3.81 lakhs and the on-road price shows Rs. 4.51 lakhs!
So looks pretty much that the dealers have bumped up the price by 20K on their own...
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-screenshot-20150929-121003.png

This screenshot from the site confirms the ex-showroom price, but I guess it excludes local taxes, LBT etc.

It would be daylight robbery if the dealer charges 20k over the company price. Considering they own all showrooms in Mumbai area it will only be tough for the customers.
400notout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 12:17   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Are people daft to commence booking without even seeing the car (let alone the process of test drive)?

How will they ascertain that the booking was made by playing "blind" and therefore suitable for a refund?
Most cars open pre-launch bookings even before the prices are announced, right? And many cases, the amount is not fully refundable.
People do not wait for test drives, to book their cars. For many, test drive is mere a formality, after they have already decided on buying a newly launched car.
When purchasing a new launch, most of the times, buyers do not compare the newly launched car with the other other available options in the same segment, or a segment below or above.
It is this new car craze that companies want to capitalize. After booking a car, reading several reviews, and discussing a lot of positives with salesmen, family members, friends etc, it is very difficult to go back and convince themselves against the booking, particularly when there if the amount is not refundable or there are cancellation charges.
Old 29th September 2015, 14:01   #611
BHPian

Am I the only one who finds the kerb weight more shocking than the price? It quite lighter than a Nano, which I find very hard to believe. I thought than Renault Nissan had learnt their lesson after the Go crash test but it doesn't seem so. Isn't Renault bothered about their reputation abroad? Because of this, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.
Old 29th September 2015, 14:14   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Am I the only one who finds the kerb weight more shocking than the price? It quite lighter than a Nano, which I find very hard to believe. I thought than Renault Nissan had learnt their lesson after the Go crash test but it doesn't seem so. Isn't Renault bothered about their reputation abroad? Because of this, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.
I would say kerb weight might have been linked to safety in older generation cars probably before 2000. But in all modern cars only the design and safety components like crumble zones and impact bars matter. The best example i can give is moving away from SS steering wheels in older vehicles to plastic or fibre ones which are used now.
Old 29th September 2015, 14:20   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
I too have the same feeling. Size wise Kwid seems to be bigger than both Alto and Nano, with similar or bigger engine, but they managed to reduce more than 50 kilos.
As it is the sheet metal of Alto and Nano feel wafer thin, and the glasses are so thin that the outside noise easily enters inside.
Any way, let us wait to see the car in flesh. We need not recommend this to anyone now, as none of us has seen it or taken a test drive yet!
Old 29th September 2015, 14:24   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
I would say kerb weight might have been linked to safety in older generation cars probably before 2000. But in all modern cars only the design and safety components like crumble zones and impact bars matter. The best example i can give is moving away from SS steering wheels in older vehicles to plastic or fibre ones which are used now.
That's not entirely true,cars are getting more and more heavier, and it's only because of greater emphasis on safety and emissions norms. It's only in India where cars are getting lighter, no wonder the Grand i10 fared so poorly in crash tests.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 14:37   #615
BHPian

The showroom I visited said they have 150 bookings all ready for the Kwid.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed