Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2015, 23:06   #646

Re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Hi everyone,

I've booked a Kwid the day bookings were open. One area of concern for me is the car's stability, especially at higher speeds. Does anyone have an idea on what size tires or rims would make car handle/grip better and have less body roll at higher speeds?

I'm aware of the 3 lug nuts which basically rules out rim swaps? The stock 155 R13 tires look awfully thin and I'm thinking along the lines of 185/205 R14/15 as it looks like the car has a lot of room in the wheel wells. Does Renault provide any upgrades or accessories in the tires/rims department?

Appreciate any responses!
Old 2nd October 2015, 00:06   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprue12 View Post
I have got to ask you sir, how do you find the power as compared to alto 800 and K10? I make frequent trips to shimla with 4 on board and i pretty much liked K10 when i drove it once. How was the low end torque of kwid and AC?

I got to drive it on the Kharar Road till the North Country Mall and back but having driven the Alto belonging to a colleague a couple of times, this car definitely felt peppier. And though I really haven't driven the K10 I bet this car won't disappoint The drive to Shimla is a breeze anyway. The AC was real effective but it was a September evening so it wasn't really taken to task. If you are seriously considering buying this I can call up my friend and find out when the car will be available again?? One thing I can assure you of though.. Renault cars are here to stay and set new benchmarks.
ShellZee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 01:25   #648
BHPian

Re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprue12 View Post
I have got to ask you sir, how do you find the power as compared to alto 800 and K10? I make frequent trips to shimla with 4 on board and i pretty much liked K10 when i drove it once. How was the low end torque of kwid and AC?
I too would be interested in knowing this!
Old 2nd October 2015, 07:57   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellZee View Post
I got to drive it on the Kharar Road till the North Country Mall and back but having driven the Alto belonging to a colleague a couple of times, this car definitely felt peppier. And though I really haven't driven the K10 I bet this car won't disappoint The drive to Shimla is a breeze anyway. The AC was real effective but it was a September evening so it wasn't really taken to task. If you are seriously considering buying this I can call up my friend and find out when the car will be available again?? One thing I can assure you of though.. Renault cars are here to stay and set new benchmarks.
That would be great. I have driven Alto 800 few times and it does not drive well on inclines especially on the way from Swarghat to Bilaspur. I drove K10 on the same route numerous times with 4 on board and it was fairly easy. Overtaking with Alto800 was very painful for me especially on inclines. I am waiting for the Kwid's demo vehicle and i plan to test it thoroughly on inclines with passengers on mall ramps!!
Old 2nd October 2015, 08:04   #650
BHPian

After big debut in India, Renault thinking to ship Kwid overseas

http://www.hindustantimes.com/autos/...DIFkzJITK.html

Quote:
“It is a global car. Going forward, it will be getting moved into other countries in different forms. Whether CKD (Completely Knocked Down unit), CBU (Completely Built Unit) or anything...”, Renault India CEO and MD Sumit Sawhney told reporters.

Stating that Kwid would be suitable for small car markets globally, Sawhney said, “We are working on certain projects like Latin American side, Africa. Because it has to be a small car market.”

“There has been phenomenal response for pre-bookings. The car will hit showrooms from October 7,” he said.
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 09:51   #651
BHPian

Finally a date, October 7. I was going mad over here. Already booked the car but wasn't able to get a TD neither in Guwahati nor in Dimapur. The Guwahati dealer told me that it'll be a while before they get it from Delhi and gave me a time frame of October last week to November first week

Going to Dimapur to check out the Renault dealer over there as his number as found on the Renault website doesn't exist, lol, hope I get to finally see the KWID in the flesh. This wait is so annoying
Old 2nd October 2015, 10:52   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstellar View Post
Hi everyone,
One area of concern for me is the car's stability, especially at higher speeds. Does anyone have an idea on what size tires or rims would make car handle/grip better and have less body roll at higher speeds?
Honest and frank opinion...

Its a entry level hatchback, and its best to drive it in city limit and at sane city speeds.
If you want grip and handling look for something else.

I have seen Nano doing 80+ on expressway on many occasions. But, I am sure the NVH and road undulations won't be not make it a comfortable ride. I don't see Kwid being any different.
freedom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 12:57   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Honest and frank opinion...

Its a entry level hatchback, and its best to drive it in city limit and at sane city speeds.
If you want grip and handling look for something else.

I have seen Nano doing 80+ on expressway on many occasions. But, I am sure the NVH and road undulations won't be not make it a comfortable ride. I don't see Kwid being any different.
The Alto can easily sustain a long term speed between 100-120kmph. So driving down highways and expressways is not an issue. The Kwid should be the same or marginally better. Its best not to bring in Nano into this equation considering the Nano cannot proceed beyond 105kmph, this ensures it is restricted to the cities only. Having said that when people can ride bullets at 70kmph for long distances one can easily drive a Nano anywhere one wants.
Old 2nd October 2015, 15:42   #654
BHPian

Back from Dimapur trip, tired and exhausted and a bit disappointed that there were no KWID's in the showroom. The sales rep told me that the first batch would arrive in the 2nd week of October. Got the price list for Nagaland. Attached it with this post.

My experience at the Renault dealership in Dimapur was quite pleasant btw. Very courteous staff. Loved it
Attached Thumbnails
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-img_20151002_153305_ao_hdr.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 16:08   #655
BHPian

Have deliveries of Kwid started already?
381 dispatches last month - isn't that a very low number of channel stock for a car that can easily touch 8-10k sales per month ?
Old 2nd October 2015, 19:50   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
Have deliveries of Kwid started already?
381 dispatches last month - isn't that a very low number of channel stock for a car that can easily touch 8-10k sales per month ?
Not in my region (NER). Deliveries expected around 2nd week of October for NER. Tired of waiting
Old 2nd October 2015, 20:53   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
The Alto can easily sustain a long term speed between 100-120kmph. So driving down highways and expressways is not an issue.
Anything above 90 on an Alto is pushing the limits. We had an Alto for over a year and have done multiple drives from Bangalore to Trivandrum. I was never confident taking it above 80. Occasionally when I did it, the steering would start vibrating before it 100. And I wouldnt expect the Kwid to do a lot better either.
Old 2nd October 2015, 22:39   #658
Senior - BHPian

I regularly do Chennai - Pondy on my Alto 800 (2009). The sweet spot is 80 - 100. No steering vibration issues. It can go beyond 100, but I don't push it. Tried it once or twice, but it will take some time and stick.

It is pretty relaxed around 85, and that is where I keep it most of the time on the highway.

The Kwid will be more or less fit the same description, I think.

Last edited by Gansan : 2nd October 2015 at 22:42.
Old 2nd October 2015, 22:51   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Back from Dimapur trip, tired and exhausted and a bit disappointed that there were no KWID's in the showroom. The sales rep told me that the first batch would arrive in the 2nd week of October. Got the price list for Nagaland. Attached it with this post.

My experience at the Renault dealership in Dimapur was quite pleasant btw. Very courteous staff. Loved it
Why are ex-showroom prices so high ? Is it the norm even for other cars in the north east? I mean , the ex-showroom prices seem to be higher than Chennai which inturn has much higher ex showroom prices than Delhi.

One consolation for you guys is that you don't get screwed for the road tax rates. They seem to be comparatively low.

This car has generated quite a buzz here that is unusual for A segment entry level cars. Most buyers here oveewhelmingly prefer diesel and hence start out out at the B segment. For every new Alto spotted, there will be 10 swift diesels ovee here. That is why I couldn't quite believe the Alto is the largest selling car in the country until I ventured out into small towns .
Old 2nd October 2015, 23:21   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Why are ex-showroom prices so high ? Is it the norm even for other cars in the north east? I mean , the ex-showroom prices seem to be higher than Chennai which inturn has much higher ex showroom prices than Delhi.

One consolation for you guys is that you don't get screwed for the road tax rates. They seem to be comparatively low.

This car has generated quite a buzz here that is unusual for A segment entry level cars. Most buyers here oveewhelmingly prefer diesel and hence start out out at the B segment. For every new Alto spotted, there will be 10 swift diesels ovee here. That is why I couldn't quite believe the Alto is the largest selling car in the country until I ventured out into small towns .
I just checked the price of the KWID in Delhi now only through the Renault website, I didn't give it much of a thought earlier. You're right by the way, the prices are quite high compared to either Chennai or Delhi. Can't comment on other cars though, haven't compared with prices charged in our region with that of Delhi.

Wanted to mention though that, 100+ bookings in Dimapur, Nagaland, 200+ in Guwahati, Assam as well. Plus, they ran out of brochures, they told me they brought three cartons of it, but ran out of it in a day, haha. It seems like the car has generated quite a huge buzz all over the country, even my relatives living in remote areas in NE are aware of the car, and that's saying something, in a place where internet connectivity isn't even available properly or at all
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks