Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 14:26   #466
BHPian

re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

I think the Hyundai Eon is as good as dead now with this move by Renault. The car looks really impressive and is packed with features for a car in that segment. The pricing too is perfect and the King, The Maruti Alto is going to feel the heat now as well.

I think it will dent the sales of the Alto but how much ? We will have to wait and see
Old 24th September 2015, 14:43   #467
BHPian

re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Anybody having any idea about the accessory price list.With this price I am sure that people would invest a couple of thousands more to make it look like a crossover
Old 24th September 2015, 14:43   #468
BHPian

I dearly hope that the build quality is good.

This car can be a game changer. It is high time the Alto had some serious competition. The new avtaar of the Alto is real ugly, and Maruti must be punished for thinking they can get away with anything.
Old 24th September 2015, 14:46   #469
BHPian

A lot of right first steps by Renault when launching the Kwid:
1. Segment equal or better features.
2. Desirable looks
3. Spacious interiors
4. Stunning price
5. Aggressive marketing to create enough buzz about the new product (compared to say Aspire and Figo which seemed tepid)

As others have noted, Kwid may not threaten Alto's position anytime soon, due to Renault's much smaller dealer network as compared to Maruti, as well as other factors like reliability and easy availability of Maruti spare parts. But a challenger needs to start somewhere, and Renault have made a good start.
Urban centers is where Kwid should sell and that should still reflect on Alto/Eon's numbers. One major factor determining the long term success of the car as well as Renault's fortunes in India will be the long term reliability of this car. Unlike the Duster which was a proven product in other markets, this is a new product. I hope Renault has not resorted to shortcuts to achieve extreme weight reduction.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 14:49   #470
BHPian

What's the difference between RXE: Rs. 2.89L and RXE (O): Rs. 2.95L ?
Old 24th September 2015, 14:50   #471
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
The RXE(O) adds a very basic audio system.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 14:51   #472
Senior - BHPian

Awesome move by Renault.

This will bring the manufacturer numbers not even thought possible by Duster and Lodgy.

It is also a good time to start pushing Pulse for people who might not find Kwid worthy or looking for slightly more.

2 good selling hatchbacks in India is half the game won.

Does this mean death drop for Datsun GO which is already on life support?
Old 24th September 2015, 14:51   #473
BHPian

Damn. I regret my decision of buying a new Alto 800 (vxi trim) last year. For 4 lakhs OTR, I could have got way more equipment and road presence. Am sure this sort of pricing will blow away the sales of Eon, alto and probably even Celerio.
Best part about Kwid is the choice of customization options provided by Renault to the end user which lacked in this segment (and a few higher ones also).
Any idea how long will the introductory prices last for, seeing the hype it has managed to rope in!
Old 24th September 2015, 14:51   #474
BHPian

That's an absolute stunner from Renault. Having created ripples on the pricing, will they prove on the after sales and service? Does the car promise some confidence? I must say that they have a great start and should continue the momentum of carrying the design and pricing success to prove it's ability in the longer run! Renault: please do not let go of the winner!
Old 24th September 2015, 14:53   #475

Quote:

A music system, in a nutshell (not the MediaNav), but a basic single DN stereo with Aux, bluetooth, and front speakers.

Got to know from my brochure that I picked up from the dealer today.
RitanRex is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 14:53   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the additional Rs. 7k more you get a single din music system with CD, USB, AUX-in, 2 speakers, radio antenna and a 12V power socket. That is pretty much it.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 15:03   #477
BHPian

I kwid you not, but to me, this is just another small car.
Neither does the base variant offer basic safety in the form of an airbag, nor does the top-end model get dual airbags and ABS. Heck, it does not even have rear wash/wipe! This absence of safety equipment puts me off from the idea of ever buying an inexpensive small car. I'd rather buy a cheap used car, or use public transport until I can afford something that offers safety. But that's just me.

Here's the e-brochure.
Variants, from the e-brochure:
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-123.jpg
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 15:17   #478
Senior - BHPian

This is the policy companies should adopt when launching a product.

A drool-worthy pricing gets customers, as sales increases with time & as people recognise if its worth its salt, auto-makers can slowly claim their due of premiums.

Disruption will be mostly in the Nano & Eon space, Alto not much since its the Tier II & Tier III cities munching those 20k numbers. Renault doesn't even have many dealers there, small service network too.

Hope the spare parts are kept affordable & service centers keep their socks pulled up through what can be company's up-swing.

My friend may buy an RXL, so guys, any suggestions of precautions to prospective owners ?

I guess most people will upgrade to 14" tyres' as soon as they get their cars. This would make the steering only a tiny bit heavy I guess, the real world mileage could drop about 2-3kmpl & the ride quality may become abit harsher, but the additional grip will help keep safe while driving around corners.

Standard warranty of 2yrs/50000 km is abysmal but anyway, theres additional warranty.

Anything else ?

Edit : Btw, do rear seats have 3 pointer seat belts ? Child Locks?

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 24th September 2015 at 15:31.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 15:20   #479
Senior - BHPian

That is some competitive pricing. But I was expecting the TeamBHP review to be out once prices are revealed. Any idea when will the review be made live?
Old 24th September 2015, 15:20   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
I kwid you not, but to me, this is just another small car.
Neither does the base variant offer basic safety in the form of an airbag, nor does the top-end model get dual airbags and ABS. Heck, it does not even have rear wash/wipe!
Attachment 1419100
I think you are expecting little too much, let's understand this is a small car targeted for City use. Forget the competition in this segment, higher segments form other manufacturers are missing ABS/ Airbags. So why criticize Renault for not providing it.
#win is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks