Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2015, 18:51   #556
BHPian

Re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

About the white/metallic part & insurance, this is what Renault has to say. This info started circulating from the top only yesterday night. Dealers don't have much clue about delivery start, demo cars & accessories. Some more wait should be expected for things to actually move. To them, this is officially still advance booking period & time for people to arrange financing.

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-dfdfgfg.jpg

Last edited by SandyX : 25th September 2015 at 19:08.
SandyX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 19:53   #557
BHPian

Re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Maruti will have it covered for sure. They are too big to miss out on this. They can always give more and more discounts on Alto and bring more features at same price. After all the manufacturing cost of alto is nothing now as most engine parts are shared. Good times for Small Cars again.

Fingers crossed on the introductory pricing though. I believe from Oct End to Nov they might increase the prices just like Ford did for Ecosport making it 1 lac expensive but people liked the product and are still buying at whatever prices.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 20:52   #558
BHPian

I've been actively following this thread for some time now and I'm confused whether to go ahead and book this car through the app or should I go personally to the dealer and book. The reason being that I live in a small town in Assam, and the nearest Renault Dealer is 57 kms. away in Dimapur, Nagaland.

Plus, one of the reasons I wanted to purchase this car (my first car actually) is because Renault showcased a plethora of accessories for the car and I wanted to have some of them fitted on the car (the ambient lighting, seat covers, etc.).

But from what I've read on this thread in the last few posts is that the dealers are very much confused about the entire scheme of things as it is. I just didn't want my first car purchasing experience to leave a sour taste in the mouth.

So my main question is - Should I wait for the dust to settle and then order? Or, Should I go ahead and book the car (as I don't want to miss out on the introductory pricing)?
wadewilson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 21:06   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post

So my main question is - Should I wait for the dust to settle and then order? Or, Should I go ahead and book the car (as I don't want to miss out on the introductory pricing)?
I'd say book the car. Dealers are confused about things because it's not time yet for them to know anything. They'll get to know more details about the accessories when cars are with them. Since all these accessories are dealer fitments, it's better to book & make the car available at the dealership first.

Site clearly says delivery starts around festive season, & we're still a fair distance from that. Whatever cars we saw at the dealer's so far were all service cars.

Last edited by SandyX : 25th September 2015 at 21:16.
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 23:05   #560
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand why people walk away from a good car because of the antics of a salesman? We go to showroom to buy the car. Not to make friends with salesman. Stand your ground and fight. They will eventually stand down because they do not have legal backing to their antics. There is absolutely nothing that they can do. In the worst case they may delay delivery. But if you are tracking that, too, then they can't act funny even on that front.

Coming to Kwid, I would love to see this car give a tough time to Maruti. We need more players to break the monopoly of some car makers. Hope Renault does not screw things up.
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 23:26   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Just got the first taste of Renault CS. Tried booking RXT trim today from Renault North Delhi (Divine Auto - manager Gaurav Behl & SA- Ashok Kohli) . Firstly the dates kept shifting on potential delivery, they have no system where in you are given a number post booking to keep track of when your turn is due (so totally at the discretion of the dealer) and to top everything he refused to take the booking if I do not take the insurance from them. He gave me my cheque back and told me I am welcome to complaint.

This is outrageous behavior. I have bought so many vehicles over the years never a Renault though, and have never been denied a booking on this pretext.

Felt quite offended!

welcome to Renualt CS. If you want good car, just take it. I have bought duster with similar CS experience and there was mad rush during introduction time.

Initially they promised to deliver during Dasara time but delivered for Diwali.

It get worse when you visit their service. For example, Few days back I went for a service, that guy has no clue my Car service was done or not. He asked me come next day but when I shouted at him, he confirmed with technician that it was ready to go. The job card doesn't have any information. Just POS.
Nonetheless, I still like my duster and no Car come close to this on ride quality and confidence esp. during this rainy season.

The cars have so much potential but it just Renault management don't learn.
niv26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 23:56   #562
BHPian

The Kwid holds a lot of promise - especially at this price. Suddenly the Nano looks significantly overpriced!

Here's hoping that this car does well. More competition always brings out the best and benefits everybody.
SunilM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 04:34   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
welcome to Renualt CS. If you want good car, just take it. I have bought duster with similar CS experience and there was mad rush during introduction time.

It get worse when you visit their service. For example, Few days back I went for a service, that guy has no clue my Car service was done or not. He asked me come next day but when I shouted at him, he confirmed with technician that it was ready to go. The job card doesn't have any information. Just POS.

The cars have so much potential but it just Renault management don't learn.
Now, this is the most important thing that fails to get mentioned. The sales experience is of no concern to me - because it is a one time deal and everyone knows the pricing and it's a new car. So , a rude or inconsiderate salesman is not a concern for me personally.

What I am more interested is - in the service department. Because this is where you keep going again and again. And for something like Renault - which has very few dealers -this can get very ugly for a customer as the dealer will have an absolute monopoly in the area.

Forget smaller cities with only 1 dealer - take Hyderabad for example- it has 3 dealers & service centers for the whole city and as far as I know they are all owned by the same group. This creates an unhealthy monopoly and the customer here has basically no other choice whatsoever. The dealers will not even be able to look into warranty claims as they will be so backed up with even limited sales success.

Say, your AC goes bad in the 2nd month of ownership in peak hot summer- and the Renault dealer says to come back in 3 weeks as they are very busy and have no openings . Just to take a look. What do you do then ? Don't know if people think of these things before buying.

A product can be great but if it's service is abysmal then it is not worth it I guess. On the other hand, even an unreliable car but with good dealer service can be a pleasure. One reason Tesla is so successful here in the US is because of it's really good customer service. So, the ball is in Renault's court now ! If they make the dealers accountable for their actions - they will have a huge success. Conversely, if the dealer service is of the rip off or fraudulent/scamming type - then I don't think it will be a successful launch.
deltheking is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 09:15   #564
BHPian

Wow! That's what I felt the moment I came to about price. Renault has offered what we all were looking for an entry level hatchback. I am not a fan of Maruti at all. So whenever I would think of buying entry level hatch back Maruti was never in the list. With Kwid I feel no reason to think about Eon or some other car. Though I am using Nano and I am quite satisfied by the ownership experience, Still I felt to look for Kwid at this price. In my opinion Kwid can take Alto and Eon's market share. Nano should not get affected as its already selling in very less numbers, and Nano buyer is a repeat buyer most of the times!
zaheer5776 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 11:55   #565
Senior - BHPian

We Indians are never content, isn't it? And we want everything at a price that we want to dictate. Like Vinod Dham just said about NaMo - we Indians will find fault even if God is the PM of India

Its incredible Renault has got a product and pricing right. Enjoy the moment!
What are the chances they will get the service also right? Moreover, some things take time. We shouldn't be so judgemental.
Hey, Honda moved from Premium to mass quite effortlessly! Its not rocket-science, is it?
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 13:14   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
I'd say book the car. Dealers are confused about things because it's not time yet for them to know anything. They'll get to know more details about the accessories when cars are with them. Since all these accessories are dealer fitments, it's better to book & make the car available at the dealership first.

Site clearly says delivery starts around festive season, & we're still a fair distance from that. Whatever cars we saw at the dealer's so far were all service cars.
Thank you for the clarification. Btw, I tried booking through the app, but I have SBI RuPay Card and everytime I try to book, I get an error on the payment portal (PayU)

I think best way would be to go to Dimapur and book the car from dealer itself.
Old 26th September 2015, 13:32   #567
BHPian

I saw the car in the showroom yard today. It was the RXT version . The instrument console and dash has a lot of digital bits which will attract a lot of people.

The car can comfortably seat only 4. But what really impressed me was the boot space. Really good. A lot of prospective buyers would be sold just on that as well.

Unfortunately, i was not allowed to take pics.

Last edited by anand_lukose : 26th September 2015 at 13:33.
anand_lukose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 13:49   #568
BHPian

Before criticizing the product in terms of kerb weight and safety features we should first look at the price bracket and the segament which is aimed. I don't at all deny the fact that safety features are a must in our vehicles in this era.But folks, which car in the segment is equipped with safety we are talking about. Kwid is a good VFM at this price point and we could expect some dents to Alto and Eon's sales figures in upcoming months.Also, One point should not be missed.The top ''Z''and ''Z(o)'' trim levels are still not in the scene. Who knows the top varient with recommended safety features are on its way.
Old 26th September 2015, 14:14   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Thank you for the clarification. Btw, I tried booking through the app, but I have SBI RuPay Card and everytime I try to book, I get an error on the payment portal (PayU)

I think best way would be to go to Dimapur and book the car from dealer itself.

I saw in an earlier post that yiu were worried about the availability of accessories. You can get the accessories layer as well.

These RuPay cards are a pain to use for online transactions. Try using visa/mastercard or use online banking.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 14:31   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_lukose View Post
Unfortunately, i was not allowed to take pics.
But why, it's already launched! Media drives completed. Wonder what are they trying to keep under wraps exactly. Weird.

Did it have a lot of dealer fitted accessories?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks