Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2015, 14:59   #571
BHPian

Re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
We Indians are never content, isn't it? And we want everything at a price that we want to dictate. Like Vinod Dham just said about NaMo - we Indians will find fault even if God is the PM of India

Its incredible Renault has got a product and pricing right. Enjoy the moment!
What are the chances they will get the service also right? Moreover, some things take time. We shouldn't be so judgemental.
Hey, Honda moved from Premium to mass quite effortlessly! Its not rocket-science, is it?
I will have to respectfully disagree with you on this. It's not about being content but rather about not being a pushover - which in my view we are rather good at collectively.

What AGwagon & niv26 have described is simply businesses taking customers for granted. What's appalling is the that this from a brand that is clearly trying to establish itself in our market. Lets not forget that while a lot of us might look at the Kwid as ultra cheap, for lot of it's target audience it is a rather high value purchase - both emotional & monetary - Renault might want to look beyond the short term here...

Just my two cents.
da_lowrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 15:29   #572
BHPian

Re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
I saw in an earlier post that yiu were worried about the availability of accessories. You can get the accessories layer as well.

These RuPay cards are a pain to use for online transactions. Try using visa/mastercard or use online banking.
Thanks for that. I'll try again with a mastercard
Old 26th September 2015, 15:36   #573
BHPian

Some screenshots from the main page showing the shades on offer. The outback bronze looks like the best candidate for the outdoor pack.

Fiery Red
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-11.jpg

Ice cool white
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-22.jpg

Outback bronze
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-33.jpg

Moonlight silver
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-44.jpg

Planet grey
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-55.jpg
SandyX is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 16:44   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
But why, it's already launched! Media drives completed. Wonder what are they trying to keep under wraps exactly. Weird.

Did it have a lot of dealer fitted accessories?
I was driving along and saw the Kwid at the yard. There wasn't any folks from the showroom there. Only few curious people and the security guard. I asked if I could take pics and the guard flatly refused. I did not want him to be in risk so respected his decision.

I stay very close to the showroom, the next I pass by, I'll try my luck again. I dont exactly remember if the car had a lot of extra accessories installed. The only thing I can say is that I was not fully impressed with the space inside. But then again, one cant ask for much in an entry level hatch. It looks awesome from the outside though. Sure shot head turner for some months coming by.
Old 26th September 2015, 18:38   #575
BHPian

Kwid looks great compared to its competition and hope the drive also is equally matched. Pricing can't be better. All it needs now is a good commitment and care from Renault ASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post

Lets not forget that while a lot of us might look at the Kwid as ultra cheap, for lot of it's target audience it is a rather high value purchase - both emotional & monetary - Renault might want to look beyond the short term here...

Agree with you on this. Regardless of the price or the segment of any vehicle, the customer's expectation of good trouble free ASS from any manufacturer is a right rather than a privilege. Customer is just not buying a metal cabin with a motor in it but is paying evening for the after sale experience as a part of the cost of the vehicle. So whether it's a new manufacturer who is trying to find a foothold or old established one they don't have the right to take customers for granted. If ASS is not a part of the package the base cost of manufacturing of vehicle and some margin added should be much lower than what they are being sold now.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 20:15   #576
BHPian

Went ahead and booked the RXT variant online in the Outback Bronze color. Hope everything moves smoothly from here on out and I get the desired variant without any hiccups, I have no clue how these online bookings work.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-renault-booking.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 08:44   #577
BHPian

Now that is highly competitive pricing! Good luck Renault!
I bought my Alto 800 lxi a few years back. It cost me 3.5L inclusive of a few additional accessories such as a basic sound system, remote lock and seat covers. For the same price Renault seems to offer a little bit more with an eye candy car.
However I do not think first time buyers would choose kwid over alto.
First, Renault is no match when it comes to service network. Usually first time buyers prefer peace of mind. Otherwise the same 4 lakhs can buy more premium used cars.
Second, Renault has little or no presence in tier 2 cities and towns, which is where alto sells more. In fact Eon is not selling as expected due to the less presence in small towns.
Third, alto and eon have big discounts on offer which will make them a good buy over kwid.
I believe the cars kwid can give an exit are the Datsun Go and Tata nano.
However it all depends on how Renault dealers respond to potential buyers! For instance it would be foolish to try and upsell an unsold stock of duster or lodgy to a kwid customer!
Old 27th September 2015, 10:44   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel Renault missed a trick by not launching AMT variants. Their dealer network, is mostly in the Tier 1-2 cities. AMT is taking off in a big way in these cities. Quoting GTO's post from the AMT sales thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Considering that deliveries started in February 2014, that's ~2,500 AMTs a month. Not bad at all, but still, far from the real market potential of this gearbox. Let it be introduced on best-sellers (like the WagonR, Swift & Dzire diesels etc.) and watch the sales skyrocket.

Most definitely the right gearbox for the masses.

Here's an interesting snippet from deccanherald.com:

Quote:

The acceptability of AMT technology is high in markets like Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and all Southern markets — Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Kochi. Nationally, of the total Celerios sold in FY 2014-15, 35 per cent was AGS trim.

Some of the cities have shown above national trend such as Bengaluru (56 per cent), Kochi (53 per cent), Hyderabad (47 per cent), and Chennai (45 per cent).
As shown above, the big cities are embracing AMT's in a big way. Hence a Kwid AMT would have definitely been well accepted. Today a lot of people start with the Nano, move to the Alto K10 and then skip the Alto K10 AMT (primarily due to space and equipment concerns) and end up buying the Celerio AMT.

A Kwid AMT would have definitely attracted a lot of the Celerio AMT buyers and helped push up initial sales from the Tier 1 and Tier 2 Cities which would help their image as they attempt to hit the traditional Alto K10 strongholds which are the Tier 3 and below cities and towns.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 27th September 2015 at 10:47.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 12:26   #579
BHPian

Quote:
A Kwid AMT would have definitely attracted a lot of the Celerio AMT buyers and helped push up initial sales from the Tier 1 and Tier 2 Cities which would help their image as they attempt to hit the traditional Alto K10 strongholds which are the Tier 3 and below cities and towns.
Completely Agree!
With increased traffic these days people are increasingly getting adapted to automatics to drive comfortably.
It makes more sense in a car like kwid because they target the first time buyers.
While they are ready to provide navigation system which is available now only in C2 segment, they also could have added an automatic option.
Old 27th September 2015, 21:09   #580
Senior - BHPian

So, is this from where the inspiration for the KWID's styling came?

Renault CAPTUR vs Renault KWID. Doesn't the profile view look uncannily similar! Talk about being "brothers-in-arms"
Attached Thumbnails
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-images.jpg  

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-img_20150830_181848460.jpg  

arjab is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 22:18   #581
BHPian

I saw Maruti giving good discounts on its entire lineup for 4 days only offer. I saw an entire page ad in chennai for this. The unique thing is the 50k offers in alto. I think Maruti is trying to lure customers who are on the edge between kwid and alto with these offers
msk_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 10:02   #582
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic pricing.

After the pricing shockers by Hyundai(Creta) & Maruti(S-Cross), this comes as a pleasant surprise. Specially considering Renault's pricing strategy for its current best-seller(Duster). Yes, they promised similar pricing but looking at the car(atleast in pictures) its hard to believe. Though I have my doubts about build quality/structural integrity(just 660kgs?), but then that's something not worth mentioning about any of it immediate competitors. Am sure the price will jack-up in times to come just like how it happened with Duster.

A.S.S will be a key criteria here as most of the customers will be 1st time buyers and peace of mind of Maruti is something that has installed the 'trust-factor' in market that's hard to beat. Renault should eye at atleast equalling it, if not beat it. They have decent presence in tier-1 & tier-2 cities and this car should garner good numbers from here as customers here would look at it in a better way than Alto(atleast snob-value wise).

Am sure AMT hasn't been introduced intentionally as they didn't want to let the sticker price cross 3.5L. Once the car settles a bit in the market they will come out with the same. If we can see how Maruti cashed in big-time with AMT, am sure they are at a much better position to gauge the potential for the Kwid-AMT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Renault CAPTUR vs Renault KWID. Doesn't the profile view look uncannily similar! Talk about being "brothers-in-arms"
Exactly what I thought. Have a few over here in my neighborhood and Kwid looks like a watered-down version of the same in pictures. Wishing Renault all the best

Last edited by SoumenD : 28th September 2015 at 10:09.
Old 28th September 2015, 12:07   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
So, is this from where the inspiration for the KWID's styling came?
It can be called an 'inspiration', but then the two cars are from the same manufacturer's stable. So maybe we could call it 'family resemblance' or 'similar design language' as well, isn't it?
Example, the Hyundai iX25 (aka Creta) borrows heavily from the Santa Fe's styling as well.
Old 28th September 2015, 12:12   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
I saw Maruti giving good discounts on its entire lineup for 4 days only offer. I saw an entire page ad in chennai for this. The unique thing is the 50k offers in alto. I think Maruti is trying to lure customers who are on the edge between kwid and alto with these offers
I just received a call from SRT Tata Madurai branch that Nano is running up to 35K discounts on GenX. I believe this includes the AMT version.
The interesting thing about this is that, I visited their showroom in Coimbatore about one year back, and I have never heard from them so far.

As of now - all of the A segment cars are running a number of offers.
Easier guess is Kwid's entry is pushing these manufacturers to give such discounts.
Old 28th September 2015, 12:43   #585
Senior - BHPian

Just booked using the app. Dealer said priority is for people who book this way. Delivery date, no idea.
beejay is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks