Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2015, 20:54   #721
BHPian

Re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

I had booked Renault on September 12, two days before the booking started officially, but later I got to know that NCR Motors (Delhi) already had 35 bookings before me. I visited them today and was informed that they are getting the first lot of Kwids (50 cars for their two showrooms) next week and they will inform me if I will be able to get the delivery in the first lot or not. Since this is going to be my first car I am feeling really impatient. They said alloy wheels will be not be available at the motors but may be in a few weeks..
Old 8th October 2015, 22:14   #722
BHPian

Re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprue12 View Post
By small cars i meant Wagon R below. How would u rank Alto 800 against Eon, Spark, Santro, etc. What about Alto k10 against i10, indica, figo, etc. And then Wagon R against Grand i10, Bolt, beat, Brio, etc. No disrespect intended, but we choose Maruti cars for shear reliability than their looks and Maruti has taken customers for granted in giving appealing looks to their cars i mentioned above. Swift is whole other league and I meant small cars with 800 cc and 1000 cc. By the way, i too like swift's design
While looks are subjective, I feel your comparison is one sided. You can't compare Alto K10 to Figo. Ford figo is two segments higher than k10 and costs twice!
Again why would you compare WagonR with Bolt, Brio, Grand i10? All these cars are from B2 segment while WagonR belongs to B1 segment.
In fact Brio, Bolt belongs to the same segment as Swift and costs that much!

Actually nobody is forced to buy a Maruti in today's market. Their market share is huge because of their reliability and after sales support. Any player like Renault with Kwid can reach that position by clever marketing, good product and relevant support later. Which is why we can see so many limited editions from Maruti!
Old 8th October 2015, 23:00   #723
Senior - BHPian

Some more observations made today during the time of booking.
1.Trident Renault charges for cancellation. The charge is close to 6k.
2.ORVM are not same as the ones showed during launch. The current ones are flimsy.
3. Bonnet is quite heavy, feels very European.
4.RXT(O) get part leather wrapping on steering apart from airbag.
5.While Maruti charge 20k for extra airbag,Renault charges just about 10k.
6. The black part in door is actually a sticker. True cladding comes as an accessory.
7. Except white all are metallic shades and attract 4k premium.
8.Tire option includes Ceat and JK.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 23:09   #724
BHPian

Kwid Accessories Price List:-
(Received from NCR Motors, Delhi)
Attached Thumbnails
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-img_20151008_1917511.jpg  

chandra1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 05:28   #725
BHPian

I think the Kwid will either make or break Renault in India. If it's fairly reliable with low maintenance cost and with good ASS - then Renault gets a strong foothold in the Indian market. But if any of these falter and if the after sales experience or service is abysmal - then I think Renault is doomed. Renault has a great opportunity here to make a mark - the ball is in their court.

If the dealers get too arrogant and provide poor service - then the Indian customers will not give Renault another chance. No car since the Nano was announced has got this much hype not only in India but also abroad. Considering that Renualt has very limited dealers - they should work their hindside off especially in the service department to ensure that Renault has a future in this country. So, Renault & its dealers -- Dont ruin this goodwill and golden opportunity !
Old 9th October 2015, 08:10   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
Kwid Accessories Price List:-
(Received from NCR Motors, Delhi)
Very helpful. Thank you.

Are you sure this is the only page? There are supposed to be 60 items in total but only around 40 on the list. The better looking ORVM is an accessory but not on this list.
Old 9th October 2015, 08:57   #727

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
While looks are subjective, I feel your comparison is one sided. You can't compare Alto K10 to Figo. Ford figo is two segments higher than k10 and costs twice!
Again why would you compare WagonR with Bolt, Brio, Grand i10? All these cars are from B2 segment while WagonR belongs to B1 segment.
In fact Brio, Bolt belongs to the same segment as Swift and costs that much!

Actually nobody is forced to buy a Maruti in today's market. Their market share is huge because of their reliability and after sales support. Any player like Renault with Kwid can reach that position by clever marketing, good product and relevant support later. Which is why we can see so many limited editions from Maruti!
All right sir, i give up my guns !! But i wish Maruti make their Altos, Wagon R and Celerio look more upmarket as the other brands. Moving back to Kwid, in chandigarh, test drive vehicle was promised to be hitting showroom on October 10th. Did call them yesterday and they told TD vehicle will come around 15th October and deliveries will be started around end of October. Lot of delay. I am already seeing rude behavior from customer care representatives in Chandigarh.
Old 9th October 2015, 10:43   #728
BHPian

25,000 Bookings in the second week !!

Blockbuster hit in the making ?

Source

A great strategy played by Renault - Localisation and thereby resulting to cost effectiveness. The refreshed looks are also welcome. I hope the after sales and reliability will also be kept up to the mark to make it a long termer.
Old 9th October 2015, 11:10   #729
BHPian

I am amazed at the bookings made on Kwid, it has shown the tremendous response and confidence on Renault by the public. Now it is time Renault repay the confidence by opening up more Service Centers and increase its spread to Tier 2 and 3 cities. So far I have not heard any news on that front.
Old 9th October 2015, 11:23   #730
BHPian

Has anyone booked Kwid in Hyderabad? What is the on-road price for the top end model and when can we expect delivery if we book in a week or so.
Old 9th October 2015, 11:32   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprue12 View Post
All right sir, i give up my guns !! But i wish Maruti make their Altos, Wagon R and Celerio look more upmarket as the other brands. Moving back to Kwid, in chandigarh, test drive vehicle was promised to be hitting showroom on October 10th. Did call them yesterday and they told TD vehicle will come around 15th October and deliveries will be started around end of October. Lot of delay. I am already seeing rude behavior from customer care representatives in Chandigarh.
Before launching a small car, the customer car, SAs and other employees at the showrooms, all should be trained to take excessive load.
With one Duster, they probably did not have any sort of overworked feeling.
Now with 25K bookings in one month, it is not at all surprising that they behave rudely. If they have to sustain the number of bookings, they need to bring in the fluency that Maruti / Hyundai guys show in selling so many best sellers at a time
Old 9th October 2015, 11:38   #732

Well, visited Renault showroom just 20 mins ago from my office to inquire about TD vehicle. They said due to truckers' strike, TD vehicle will be delayed. Plus a 4-month waiting period for delivery if booked today was mouthed with a smirk by the front desk without even having asked about it. I was standing next to two middle-aged persons who were distraught about the delay and after a long confrontation with the front desk immediately wrote a letter for cancellation of booking for that long of a delay. "Heck, we'll buy Maruti instead" was their answer and they skedaddled!! Renault guys were rude when inquired about delays and the front desk telephone rang continuously with no one attending it while at least 7 employees were standing next to it. I went with a plan for booking today but did not do it because firstly, i have not driven the vehicle; secondly, i am not going to wait 4 long months when even a TD vehicle has been delayed for over a week now. Good Luck Renault !!
Old 9th October 2015, 11:46   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Very helpful. Thank you.

Are you sure this is the only page? There are supposed to be 60 items in total but only around 40 on the list. The better looking ORVM is an accessory but not on this list.
They gave me this single page. On the other side of the page was the Kwid price list for Delhi, UP and Haryana.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-img_20151008_1918181.jpg  

Old 9th October 2015, 11:47   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
25,000 Bookings in the second week !!

Blockbuster hit in the making ?

Source

A great strategy played by Renault - Localisation and thereby resulting to cost effectiveness. The refreshed looks are also welcome. I hope the after sales and reliability will also be kept up to the mark to make it a long termer.
25000 booking though good is nothing outstanding. Creta,Ecosport,i20 all had 30000 booking within a weeks time. These car cost twice or thrice more than Kwid.
While pricing is amazing, Kwid wont be available at same price for long. If they don't increase price by December I would be shocked.
Old 9th October 2015, 11:52   #735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
Before launching a small car, the customer car, SAs and other employees at the showrooms, all should be trained to take excessive load
That stands true for *any* product. These same guys had their heads in the clouds when Duster was the hot favorite. They did come down from their perch when the sales eventually reduced. Give it some time, it will dawn on them and they will be back to chasing customers to meet their targets.

And it is not just Renault, can happen with any brand.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks