Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2015, 12:13   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Very helpful. Thank you.

Are you sure this is the only page? There are supposed to be 60 items in total but only around 40 on the list. The better looking ORVM is an accessory but not on this list.
Well I don't see anything missing. Whatever listed in the app/website is here plus whatever is displayed in a poster in the showroom is also here.
I don't remember seeing the ORVM as an accessory anywhere.
Old 9th October 2015, 12:15   #737
BHPian

Re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
That stands true for *any* product. These same guys had their heads in the clouds when Duster was the hot favorite. They did come down from their perch when the sales eventually reduced. Give it some time, it will dawn on them and they will be back to chasing customers to meet their targets.

And it is not just Renault, can happen with any brand.
Many potential customers, just drop the idea of buying a product and move to a different manufacturer's showroom, if the attitude shown by the sales people are not good.
I mentioned small cars, because that is where the volumes lie. Answering queries for a small car is more tiresome than say a 10+ lakh car, because of the sheer number of queries.
In the case of Renault, the crowd that comes into the showroom would be much more than that of Duster, because, the price is affordable to majority of them.
Another smart move here would be to show case Lodgy with some offers, special editions etc. Lodgy is a family car, and there will be a requirement for such a car to many families. Renault can make use of the footfall in the showroom, to also subliminally give a mild push to Lodgy as well. Lodgy is a spacious car, and deserves more sales.
Old 9th October 2015, 12:28   #738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Very helpful. Thank you.

Are you sure this is the only page? There are supposed to be 60 items in total but only around 40 on the list. The better looking ORVM is an accessory but not on this list.
+1

Even I was looking for it. At the moment, all I can read is chrome or mat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Well I don't see anything missing. Whatever listed in the app/website is here plus whatever is displayed in a poster in the showroom is also here.
I don't remember seeing the ORVM as an accessory anywhere.
Check this image which was posted a few pages back.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3801889

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-52685428_2.jpg
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 14:17   #739
BHPian

So we are talking about 6 months waiting, by looking at average 40 cars per dealer and most of them has crossed 250+ already.
Old 9th October 2015, 15:35   #740
Senior - BHPian

The situation is going from a pleasant surprise (pricing) to frustrating for those who already booked the car. A 4-6 month delay means they do not have the manufacturing capacity of more than 6k a month. By 15th Oct, the bookings would have crossed 35k.

They are in no position to control this disaster in the making. They had an advantage which seems to have turned into a disadvantage. Any new customer would just not think of booking it, looking at the waiting of 5-6 months. It is no Duster or Ecosport to have people booking it in spite of high waiting periods.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 9th October 2015 at 15:41.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 15:49   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
The situation is going from a pleasant surprise (pricing) to frustrating for those who already booked the car. A 4-6 month delay means they do not have the manufacturing capacity of more than 6k a month. By 15th Oct, the bookings would have crossed 35k.

They are in no position to control this disaster in the making. They had an advantage which seems to have turned into a disadvantage. Any new customer would just not think of booking it, looking at the waiting of 5-6 months. It is no Duster or Ecosport to have people booking it in spite of high waiting periods.
Shall I add an information here? Renault has, in advance, fired a number of their employees and sent them home!
If the production lines have to be readied to handle all the Kwid demand, probably, they have to start fresh recruitment drives!
This is the classic disconnect between HR department and other production departments.
On a lighter note, - HR department have a listening problem and understood "Hire 3000 employees" as "Fire 3000 employees"
hybridpetrol is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 17:55   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
Shall I add an information here? Renault has, in advance, fired a number of their employees and sent them home!
If the production lines have to be readied to handle all the Kwid demand, probably, they have to start fresh recruitment drives!
This is the classic disconnect between HR department and other production departments.
On a lighter note, - HR department have a listening problem and understood "Hire 3000 employees" as "Fire 3000 employees"
Or may be, the company's target sales is only 5 to 6k units per month; they might have got 25k+ bookings on hand, but that does not mean that they have to be ready with a production capacity to deliver all of them in a month or two. As we know, target production capacity is a complex equation comprising of fixed and operating costs, matching component manufacturers' capacities, medium and long-term sustainable demand for the product etc etc. Personally, i believe a consistent sales figure of 6 to 8k in medium to long term would amount to stellar performance for Renault considering their existing monthly numbers. May be, a much better strategy would have been to pile up some stock by running production for a couple of months and then launch the product with immediate deliveries to reduce waiting periods for customers.

Does anybody has any info on the internal sales targets of renault for kwid? Would be interesting to know.
Old 9th October 2015, 18:27   #743
BHPian

25k bookings in hardly 2 weeks after launch is fabulous. It remains to be seen how many Rs. 1000 bookings or token bookings have they included in the final figure. My guess is atleast 20% would be such. Even then, around 20k is still a great figure that translates to a minimum of 100 bookings per dealer ( they have around 200 nos in India). Renault India, great job so far, I say!

It's still a wonder why they didn't pump stock on the dealers before the launch. Been reading of instances where most dealers don't even have TD cars available. That's a crime ! Or was it lack of confidence amongst the dealer fraternity in lifting stock initially? Anyway, by now, the production lines must be running full.
Old 9th October 2015, 20:44   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
The situation is going from a pleasant surprise (pricing) to frustrating for those who already booked the car.
Totally agree.
I had almost made my mind to buy Celerio Zxi (o) but then Kwid was launched. I booked it just for the design. But the waiting period is really frustrating. I have already waited for almost a month. I think I have the capacity to wait for one more month but not more than that. If they are unable to deliver it before Diwali I will go for Celerio. They can keep the booking amount of rs. 5000. I assume I am not the only customer out of this 25K to think that way.
chandra1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 21:44   #745
BHPian

Following is the Disclaimer Renault has on its Kwid page from atleast two months. The third line clearly mentions the expected start of deliveries. That should be around Oct 20th. Mostly the pre-booking people will be getting delivery in the first batch. I'm in the running from one & half months. So technically there's no delay, yet.

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-dis.jpg
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 22:04   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Following is the Disclaimer ..... So technically there's no delay, yet.

Attachment 1425091
Yeah.. no delay yet. But the disclaimer on the site is too vague. The festive season lasts more than a month. When will the delivery start? at the start or near the end of the season? And how many bookings will get deliveries per month; 20 or 50 or 100 per showroom? I know I am being too impatient but I think most of the target buyers of this car are people like me who are buying their first car and are really impatient. The worst thing is that the dealers of Renault have zero idea about any of the above questions. They are not able to give satisfying answers to potential buyers' queries. Anyone who googles 'Kwid' even once in a week have more information and updates about Kwid than Renault's sales executives.
Old 9th October 2015, 22:33   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
They gave me this single page. On the other side of the page was the Kwid price list for Delhi, UP and Haryana.
Wow, the OTR price of the RXT variant is only 3.8 L in Haryana. Now I know what my fellow Bhpian meant when he was saying that the OTR price is so high in North East 4.5 Lakhs OTR, compared to 3.8 Lakhs OTR. A Huge Price Gap. Priced too high in our region
Old 9th October 2015, 22:40   #748

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
Totally agree.
I had almost made my mind to buy Celerio Zxi (o) but then Kwid was launched. I booked it just for the design. But the waiting period is really frustrating. I have already waited for almost a month. I think I have the capacity to wait for one more month but not more than that. If they are unable to deliver it before Diwali I will go for Celerio. They can keep the booking amount of rs. 5000. I assume I am not the only customer out of this 25K to think that way.
I was waiting for the test drive vehicle to hit the showroom around 10th october as promised and till 7th, there were only 150 bookings per the dealer. But today, TD VEHICLE WAS NOT AVAILABLE AND WILL ARRIVE AROUND 15th plus i was told bookings have mounted up to 250 plus and waiting period was about 4 months. I feel this was an exaggeration by the dealer just to create a curiosity or hype. But 2 of the customers with previous bookings cancelled their bookings and went to maruti and i think i will be doing the same. I am not ready to wait for 4 months as i hope within 6
Months there will be a new challenger in the market by either maruti, hyundai or some other brand.
Old 9th October 2015, 23:43   #749
BHPian

Called up the GenNext motors , Vashi.
This upgrade is for my grand parents city use as its time to let go the Indica DLS. (Even though only run 22k kms)

The display and test drive vehicle will be available from tomorrow, 10th October 2015.
Dealership also told the booking amount was Rs 25,000. (Hope I heard it right, have to confirm it. But isn't the app booking amount 5000/-? )

As it will be having a busy weekend they suggested its better to bring the grandparents on Monday.
The GenNext have around 1000 bookings till date , with waiting periods of upto 3 months. (May be its the total Mumbai bookings, but still that's 4% of total Kwid bookings in India!)
We are looking at the RXT/RXT(O) model as the Karjat registration will give cushioning to the budget.

Other contenders considered were Brio (P), Bolt (P) & the new Ford Figo (P).
Tight Budget, no festive discounts, strong residual value outlook for Kwid and a good fuel economy helped to Zero in on Kwid.
95% it will be a Kwid booking rest 5% depends on the test drive and comfort factors which we will encounter on Monday.

Please share the app booking experience, if any members have had a first hand experience.

Last edited by johannskaria : 9th October 2015 at 23:48.
Old 10th October 2015, 00:13   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Please share the app booking experience, if any members have had a first hand experience.
I booked through the app. The process was pretty smooth and just took 2 minutes. But they didn't have the option to select the RXT(o) model. So I just selected RXT and called the dealer and inform him that I want the optional airbag variant.
chandra1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks