Team-BHP - Cars that should be in India?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Cars that should be in India? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/16409-cars-should-india.html)

Guys I am trying to create a thread where we can give our views about which cars or their outside India versions, would we like to see in India..

Lets start from here:-
1.How about this Toyota in the midsize segment range..(like city,accents,etc..)

2. This Totota Yaris will give swift some real competition if introduced with a similar pricing..

3. We may get this Honda Jazz soon..

4. Suzuki Sx4 ,

5. Suzuki Aerio..(sedan and wagon version)

- Subaru Impreza STi
- Lancer EVO

I would love to buy either one of these. They would probably be a bit beyond my reach, but I will find a way. Off the two, since Mitsubishi is already here I am hoping they would someday introduce EVO. I would wager that it would sell more than Montero.

I'll tell you what the Indian auto market should have had:

1. A great all-rounder SUV for less than 20 lacs.

2. Mitsubishi EVOs for 20 lacs.

3. Superbikes available officially with bill, warranty, company service and EMIs.

Any mustang for me. Have read so much about it that I have always dreamt of owning one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO

3. Superbikes available officially with bill, warranty, company service and EMIs.

agree: AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
I'll tell you what the Indian auto market should have had:

Spot on. I'll add a Harley Davidson V-ROD, Subaru Impreza WRX and the Lance Evo X (next gen) to that list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO

agree: With GTO.

In Addition

3. Ford Mustang

4. Toyota Supra

5. Subaru Impreza

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

guys, he is talking about - Cars that should be in India

not Cars that should NOT be in India.

EVO, Impreza will not come to india, until - Better open roads, better driving sense among citizens.

How about some European offerings, specially -

VW's Polo (entry level category), Golf (super mini) & the Jetta (sedan)

I do beleive the Toyota Yaris line of cars will be good competition to Honda's City line

Quote:

Originally Posted by eflanker
guys, he is talking about - Cars that should be in India

not Cars that should NOT be in India.

EVO, Impreza will not come to india, until - Better open roads, better driving sence among citizens.

Until then enjoy the econo box that you deserve.

Talk about yourself buddy, I think I deserve much better than econo box and so does most of the team-bhp community.

The roads have improved drastically in the last five years, would recommend you to drive on Golden Quadilateral. Granted we are not there yet but we are way better off than we were.

Besides, car makers don't care about better roads or better driving sense. As long as they can make money, they will sell cars here. Its business, pure and simple. These days we (Indians) can buy Lamborghinis and Porsches so why not EVO and Impreza and Mustangs!

If only HM & Mitsu folks in India realize that EVO will be a better flagship for selling their lower end cars than Montero or Outlander.

There are two cars from Toyota which are very suitable for indian customer needs. The first one is Vios, which can give some serious compitition to NHC and give run for its money. The second one is the Fortuner SUV, its the perfectly suited SUV for Indian taste.

I'd buy a Rover Mini the day it comes out in India.

The Toyota fortuner will be on our roads soon..

Would love to see this car in a new avtaar...

Also This version with a Hybrid engine will be a craze among youngsters:-
The cabrio version should be launched with a 4X4 version.

Fiat panda coming soon..

We will get this one too (i think from mahindra)
Renault logan

I wish some REAL Chevrolet cars come to India, not some stupid Daewoo cars. For example I think a Silverado would do well in the rural markets. And also minivans like the Odyessy or the Toyota Sienna etc should be present, especially for the large Indian joint family types. And ofcourse of my favourite VW Golf :D. If it is priced properly, it could be a major hit among the young people.

Quote:

For example I think a Silverado would do well in the rural markets.
A Silverado will sell for 50 lacs, and is a fuel guzzler. I really doubt it will sell well in rural India EXCEPT to a handful of really rich landowners, who will buy a Merc etc. either ways.

Quote:

Until then enjoy the econo box that you deserve.
Well, We would appreciate if you refrain from making such comments. For the record, I drive at a time when the roads are relatively empty and I like to think that I possess good driving sense.