Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2015, 15:47   #16
BHPian

re: Maruti Care App for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone users

Brilliant App! I loved how it picked up all my service records instantly. It will be a very easy task to check used cars now for their service records. Just have to assume that the owner of that car gets the vehicle serviced at M*A*S*S and everything is clear as daylight!
Old 27th May 2015, 16:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I am using it for sometime and it is indeed very good. However services done in non-dealer MASS are not showing up.
Yup, as of now, only services done at dealer service stations are showing up. Even if you do the service at an authorized Maruti service center, but which is not a dealer, it wont show up here.
Old 27th May 2015, 16:11   #18
Team-BHP Support

Wow, this app is outstanding... Just used the Maruti App to get the service cost and unscheduled repair cost of my vehicle over the entire ownership...

The unscheduled repair in 2008 is actually installation of my custom skid plates. The year 2009 had no expense because of initial free service.

Maruti Care App for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone users-screenshot_20150527160446.png Maruti Care App for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone users-screenshot_20150527160456.png

Last edited by Samurai : 27th May 2015 at 17:16.
Samurai is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 16:49   #19
BHPian

Now that's what I call an App!

Thank god, I don't have to type in my service history and expenses manually.

I didn't see a fuel fill-up screen though - this would help.

Now if they could just integrate my OBD to this...
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 16:57   #20
BHPian

Excellent App! I was able to get the service records for the last 5 years instantly. It also gives the cost of regular services and running repairs over the years.
Old 27th May 2015, 17:02   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Downloaded the app on iPhone and its very good. The best part is access to contact information specific to the dealer and repairs etc. Booking service is the most welcome feature for me. Other than SA who works on my car, I don't want to talk to anyone at MASS Hopefully when I book it online, I get the same SA to work on my car.

I liked the service cost calculator - although we know it by now, I can actually drill down per service item as per manual and some on demand too. And the documents section is too good. Wish our RTO treats these soft copies as valid documents to verify! Leaving aside the privacy and data safety aside

There are few items I will put on wish list though - I can see the previous service records but not the itemised details of each record. For example, it would say Paid service - but wouldn't tell me if the engine oil was changed at that service! Since I already maintain all the details of the service etc in my "Gas Cubby" app, this feature is redundant/ no great value.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 17:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
For me it says " Kindly contact nearest dealer to update your information " . Havent been able to register yet
Thats right. However, it allows to update the owner name and email address. I just did mine.
Old 27th May 2015, 23:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Got it working now and am already in love with the app!!

It took its own sweet time in coming but is pretty comprehensive.
My 3 years of maintenance and body shop work is clearly specified and tabulated and can easily ascertain my expenses for the tenure of the ownership.

Also, the contact details up dation was swift and loved the way it was handled locally!!
Hello,

Can you tell me how you got it working? I am also facing the same error. Also how did you set the password? Were you registered in some other maruti portal?

Last edited by Knight Rider : 27th May 2015 at 23:36.
Old 28th May 2015, 01:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
I am using the Hyundai Care App for more than two months and it's awesome. The best part is you can see your service history and also the indicative prices of the spare parts.

Trident, a Hyundai dealer in Bangalore also have their app at the play store to manage your service history and bookings but this app needs lot of improvement and not as useful as Hyundai Care app.
Thanks Grand Drive for letting us know about the Hyundai app. Hyundai never bothered to let their customers know about this app like they did with some of their cars.
Old 28th May 2015, 10:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
Hello,

Can you tell me how you got it working? I am also facing the same error. Also how did you set the password? Were you registered in some other maruti portal?
Dear Knightrider and other Bhpinans facing issues with the App:

Step 1:
You try to login as a New User.
Here you have to input car VIN/ Reg No.
Automatically, you will come across a screen with your Mobile No. shown as xxxxxxx1234 asking you to confirm.

Step 2:

You confirm that this is your mobile No.

Step 3:

You will be directed to a screen which requires you to input a One Time Password(OTP) which has been sent to your registered mobile.

Step 4:

Enter this 6 digit numeric code and you will be prompted for a creating a password.

Step 5:

One time login using your mobile no. and the password you just created.

Step 6:

Access to the app now and your car details, service records etc are directly uploaded.

Cases where you cannot log in
:

1) Incorrect VIN/ registration No. inputted. Eg. in my case, my car no. is 0924 but in Maruti Records it is 924. So, the 0 will create an error that the car is not registered.

2) Incorrect Mobile No uploaded.
This happened in my case too. the mobile no. ws wrongly updated in my MSIL records.

Any of these can be easily rectified with a call to your dealer/workshop.
Will be updated in 5 minutes.

You can either:
1) Check with new credentials/details in the app
2) Uninstall and re-install the app and you are set to go.

Hope this helped!!
arnabchak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 11:13   #26
BHPian

Great app. Surprisingly, Production stopped vehicles doesn't have a service calculator option I guess. My A-Star AT couldn't get through the Service Calculator where as Ertiga have the option.

If they can add a Fuel log tracker feature to this, it would help many of us immensely to keep an eye on cost of ownership.
Old 28th May 2015, 12:38   #27
BHPian

It asks me to contact the nearest dealer to update information.
Old 28th May 2015, 13:37   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The leader shows the way, eh? Well done .
The Tata Connect App was available almost a month ago on Android.. But not for us Indians, only for Nepal and South Africa, now supports Bangladesh, Srilanka and two other countries.

Last edited by nijelj : 28th May 2015 at 13:43. Reason: Updated info
Old 28th May 2015, 14:03   #29
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to MUL for bringing this out. I just logged in and have all the details for my 2008 Alto. The app interface is a little lazy and hangs but I'm sure improvements are upcoming.

Last edited by gpa : 28th May 2015 at 14:05.
Old 28th May 2015, 16:07   #30
BHPian

This is excellent app and now I can see entire service history & costs for my Swift. Wondering why can't Maruti provide such details through their website for desktop users? Why these details are made available as mobile app only?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks