Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2015, 16:53   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Care App for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone users

Not sure if anyone used these but there was an app for Maruti Users of CIL - done by themselves long ago -

For Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...chowgule&hl=en

For iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chow...977532633?mt=8

I tried their iPhone app alongside the MSIL app. It looks like a lot of common functions in both. Although not too late, not sure if MSIL was woken up by the initiative of one of their premier dealership
Old 29th May 2015, 20:50   #32
BHPian

It seems the app is not compatible with all devices. I could not get it on my Moto E (Android 4.4.4). I have shot a mail to the developers, and will post here once (and if) they respond. Hope MSIL does not disappoint.

If anyone else faces a similar issue, please post it here (with hardware/OS info) so that I can add them to my earlier correspondence. This will help them test the app on more devices.
Old 30th May 2015, 18:25   #33
BHPian

It is a good app but has the following cons. The split up cost for each service done is not available ie there is no way to find out the parts replaced or the work done on each completed sevice. Estimated cost of next service also doesn't show the individual parts to be replaced and their cost. But they have given total cost of consumables and labour charge for paid service.
Old 30th May 2015, 21:11   #34

Is the prices of service accurate ? According to the service estimate cost for 20k for dzire is 2892.35 but as far as I know this will be a fraction of what the service center charges. According to the app the parts and consumables cost more than labor but almost all bills labor is more then consumables/parts.
For example washing is 320 in app but suraksha charges 450 front brake overhaul including bleeding is 410 but the service center just the capillary greasing costs 400 plus.
Old 30th May 2015, 23:15   #35
BHPian

Great app. When I tried signing in with my reg. no. it didn't work and asked me to contact my dealer, tried again with my VIN and it was smooth sailing !

I booked by 2nd free service for my Ciaz using the app. Has anyone booked a service using the app ? Can you confirm that it works ? Would greatly appreciate the reassurance !
Old 31st May 2015, 07:39   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinshetty View Post
Is the prices of service accurate ? According to the service estimate cost for 20k for dzire is 2892.35 but as far as I know this will be a fraction of what the service center charges.
I too had a look at the prices mentioned in the app and they seem to be on the lower side. I just completed the 20k service from Bimal auto (Whitefield, Bangalore) and the bill came upto 4900 (for an alto 800) :rolleyes:
The app showed an estimate of 4200 with an additional of wheel balancing/ alignment and AC servicing.
Old 31st May 2015, 11:33   #37
BHPian

Mr. Dhanaji Magar, Assistant Manager, Customer Service from Chowgule industries pvt.ltd, Pune gave me the demo of this app recently.

Posting the official leaflet for Bhpians:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Care App for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone users-img_5786.jpg  

Maruti Care App for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone users-img_5787.jpg  

Old 1st June 2015, 10:00   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The leader shows the way, eh? Well done .
Beg to differ with you. Hyundai Care app has been available since 2013.

Maruti is not showing the way, it is following others, at least in this particular case.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 10:47   #39
BHPian

I downloaded the app and have started using it. The app is super cool. I have all the information related to vehicle at my fingertips literally.

It has all my service history, how much i have paid for service, body work, repair year wise. My car insurance details and other data. On top of it, it is very easy and quick to use.

Thanks Maruti for the wonderful app.
Old 1st June 2015, 11:40   #40
Senior - BHPian

A big thanks for pointing this out. Its really a cool app for those who love their Maruti.
I am able to see my service history, the maintenance cost tracking etc.

Other features are not unique, but overall, a decent effort by Maruti without having to wait for other Manufacturers to first launch such apps
Old 1st June 2015, 12:07   #41
Senior - BHPian

Installed the app. For some reason it is not showing any service records before 2012 for our Swift, even though the services were done at dealer workshop. Otherwise, its a good app.
Old 2nd June 2015, 19:51   #42
BHPian

UPDATE: I received a response from the developers stating that the app is now compatible with Moto E. The update, I believe, has been optimized to work on more devices.

I tried out the app and found it to be really impressive. Great work by Maruti!
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:12   #43
BHPian

This is a nice app and good presentation of data which was available with dealers. It does not go into very details of the service but provide a good insight into cost of ownership . Maruti Sukuki rocks :-)
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:20   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

I downloaded the app a few days ago. The app is nice and gives out some crisp information. However, my car's last service, which was indeed done at MASS about 15 days ago, does not show up in the history. Nothing about it. I tried a new MASS this time. However, details from my older MASS was available on the app. Just wanted to know that if there is some lag in updating the records online? Anyone facing similar situation?

Thanks!
Old 3rd June 2015, 22:45   #45
BHPian

I have a 2007 SX4 and about a month back when i was getting my vehicle serviced, I was wanting to have an updated service booklet from Maruti(This was to ensure, I can reach the service centres easily outside my resident location).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks