Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2016, 12:27   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Save Tata Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampat.sahoo View Post
With their current skill set, they can't draw anything other than Indica.
I had to relook the posting date to ensure that I am not responding to a very old reply. No I am not! So are you suggesting that the current Tiago, Upcoming Kite sedan or to the Hexa look like Indica? From which angles really? If anything Kite sedan is one of the more beautifully proportioned, good looking, under-4m sedans that I have seen in recent times. The upcoming Hexa although is a heavily worked upon Aria but still looks brute and awesome. I think we are just too much obsessed with the Indica mindset to see an Indica in everything.
Zappo is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 07:18   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Save Tata Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I had to relook the posting date to ensure that I am not responding to a very old reply. No I am not! I think we are just too much obsessed with the Indica mindset to see an Indica in everything.
Well said, Zappo. I have said this elsewhere as well. Cribbers will always crib. I don't think I need to elaborate anymore.

Proof of pudding is in the eating. Having started with Tata with the Sierra around 1995-96, I have spent two decades with them. Though I have also had cars from other stables, I stuck with Tata for the sheer VFM and comfort that they provide.
Old 13th March 2016, 07:42   #48
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors' profit plunges, no dividends this year

Tata is not going to make headway unless they make themselves an aspirational and reliable brand again.

I remember buying our Indica back in 2001. Back then, Concorde and Prerana Motors in Bangalore went out of their way to make you feel like a valued customer. Heck, we got a bottle of some champagne-like drink and a box of chocolates for buying a mid-variant Indica!!!!

But service! Oh, my God. You will need a special kind of tolerance to survive a Tata experience.

Whether it was the Indica back then or the Punto that I give to what is still essentially a joint Tata-Fiat service setup.

After 10 miserable years of being associated with the Tata brand as a customer, I will not touch another Tata built/sold/serviced car with a bargepole.

I'm sure there are several others like me who have deserted the Tata brand for similar reasons.
Pyrotek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 10:50   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors' profit plunges, no dividends this year

Tata Motors witnessed it's consolidated profit grow 201% to Rs 5,177 crores at the end of the final quarter of FY2016, a figure which was boosted by the extremely strong showing of it's Jaguar-Land Rover division.

The period also saw heavy demand and sales for the company's trucks.

Tata Motors' profit plunges, no dividends this year-52513663.cms.jpg

Quote:
Tata Motors rode high on the back of a strong performance by Jaguar Land Rover that helped its consolidated net profit grow 201% year-on-year to Rs 5,177 crore for March ended quarter of FY16. What was more noteworthy was its domestic business.

JLR in fact will spend close to 3.8 billion pounds for FY17,which is higher by 15% over FY16 capex.

Demand for new models, solid growth in Europe, the US and China for JLR fuelled Tata Motors consolidated revenues to grow by 19% to Rs 80,684 crore.

C Ramakrishnan, CFO of Tata Motors, said growth in big trucks is expected to remain buoyant in FY17, supported by continued replacement demand as well as fleet expansion demand.

The product momentum for passenger vehicles will continue for Tata Motors to grow its volumes, he added.

On the way ahead, Ramakrishnan said, JLR's strategy continues to be to invest in new products, technology and manufacturing capacity to grow profitably.
ET
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks