Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2016, 08:52   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jaguar XE coming to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Are the petrol engines in the Jag XE the ford ecoboost 2 liter? From the power spec it seems to appear so.
The XE uses JLR's ingenium engine from the start
Old 29th January 2016, 10:16   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The XE uses JLR's ingenium engine from the start
Isn't the Ingenium only diesel for now. Do they have a petrol engine too? Their page only talks about a 163bhp and another 180bhp diesel motors.

http://www.jaguar.co.uk/about-jaguar...um-engine.html
Old 29th January 2016, 10:25   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Isn't the Ingenium only diesel for now. Do they have a petrol engine too? Their page only talks about a 163bhp and another 180bhp diesel motors.

http://www.jaguar.co.uk/about-jaguar...um-engine.html
Whoops, I was wrong, I meant Ingenium diesel engines from the start. Petrol engines are still from FOrd. Ingenium petrol engines will be next year or so
Old 1st February 2016, 12:36   #49
Senior - BHPian

Apparently the new XE is a really good car:

The reviewer is American, and the cars compared are the top-spec versions, but should still give a good idea of what to expect. The BMW 3 Series has a global reputation of being the best in its class.
VeluM is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 11:34   #50
BHPian

Isn't the Jaguar XE launch today? There were a few portals including Zigwheels that reported today as the launch day for XE whereas all news is around the new XJ.

And going from whatever media has got, the XE S won't be part of the launch line-up, comes only later in the year, if at all. True?
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:33   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives View Post
Isn't the Jaguar XE launch today? There were a few portals including Zigwheels that reported today as the launch day for XE whereas all news is around the new XJ.

And going from whatever media has got, the XE S won't be part of the launch line-up, comes only later in the year, if at all. True?

http://www.oncars.in/car-news/delhi-...39-9-lakh/9391

Launched at 39.9 Ex showroom Delhi.
skjlives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:56   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives View Post
http://www.oncars.in/car-news/delhi-...39-9-lakh/9391

Launched at 39.9 Ex showroom Delhi.
I could not get any clarity on the models on offer after looking here and there and the price and features of the various models, which is very weird.
Old 3rd February 2016, 13:05   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
I could not get any clarity on the models on offer after looking here and there and the price and features of the various models, which is very weird.
Website is updated just now. below is from website:

Halogen headlamps, why jaguar why.
Attached Thumbnails
Jaguar XE coming to India-capture.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2016, 14:03   #54
BHPian

The higher model (Portfolio) seems to be priced at 46.5 L (ex showroom) compared to 39.9 for the Pure model. I have to say that the power figures are very impressive. 200hp for the Pure and 240 hp for the Portfolio. It definitely trumps the C class in terms of those figures.
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:19   #55
BHPian

As expected, Jaguar didn't fail to disappoint in pricing expectations. This is going to push the baby jag into Mercedes E Class, BMW 5 series and Audi A6 category, heck even the XF can be had at around 50 with some on goon discounts. Although BMW messed up the 3 series LCI pricing too, they are at least proactive in passing on discounts to the customer. The C class is already available with heavy discounts. Equipment level is barely enough to keep up, pricing is high, after sales support is pathetic, so the juicy 240 HP motor is the only thing going for the XE and a certain segment of enthusiasts would probably go for it.

It would probably end up being more expensive than what I bought my 530D in 2013 post discounts.

Best of luck Jaguar!
Old 3rd February 2016, 18:13   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentscreamers View Post
As expected, Jaguar didn't fail to disappoint in pricing expectations. This is going to push the baby jag into Mercedes E Class, BMW 5 series and Audi A6 category, heck even the XF can be had at around 50 with some on goon discounts. Although BMW messed up the 3 series LCI pricing too, they are at least proactive in passing on discounts to the customer. The C class is already available with heavy discounts. Equipment level is barely enough to keep up, pricing is high, after sales support is pathetic, so the juicy 240 HP motor is the only thing going for the XE and a certain segment of enthusiasts would probably go for it.

It would probably end up being more expensive than what I bought my 530D in 2013 post discounts.

Best of luck Jaguar!
Well if you look at the Pure model of the XE is better equipped than the lowest models of the C class and definitely the Prestige model of the 3 series. The comparative 3 series model is priced at 41.9 L. C class is available with discounts of 2.5 L which arn't heavy considering what the 3 series was going for in the past few months. I am sure the XE will be giving such discounts of the tune of the C in 2-3 months. Personally I feel the car is priced around about the same price as the C and the 3 series and all of them are overpriced by a few lakhs.

On a side note, the car does lack the interior quality of the C even though it seems to drive better and is definitely a lot more powerful.
Old 3rd February 2016, 22:37   #57
BHPian

If you can't cure it, endure it seems to be the way forward.

46.5L for the Portfolio version! You can have Audi A6 without any discount at 45L (ex-showroom) and the full blown A6 TDI with Matrix Headlamp, adaptive suspension at 49L - This is without considering any discount and let's keep in mind the fact that A6 is one FULL SIZE bigger.

In Bangalore the Portfolio version will touch 60L

Now how will they price the XE-S? 80L?

Absolute rubbish pricing. Probably the Pure model will do some cross shopping with the BMW/C-Class folks.

BMW also did mess up their pricing with M Sport retailing at 45.5L ex-showroom (again will touch 60L OTR, Bangalore)
sriramv.iyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 10:10   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
If you can't cure it, endure it seems to be the way forward.

46.5L for the Portfolio version! You can have Audi A6 without any discount at 45L (ex-showroom) and the full blown A6 TDI with Matrix Headlamp, adaptive suspension at 49L - This is without considering any discount and let's keep in mind the fact that A6 is one FULL SIZE bigger.

In Bangalore the Portfolio version will touch 60L

Now how will they price the XE-S? 80L?

Absolute rubbish pricing. Probably the Pure model will do some cross shopping with the BMW/C-Class folks.

BMW also did mess up their pricing with M Sport retailing at 45.5L ex-showroom (again will touch 60L OTR, Bangalore)
Is the XE-S even coming to India?

I can't see it being any less than 65L ex showroom considering the Audi S5 retails for 63L ex showroom and that is its only competitor along with perhaps the CLA 45 AMG, though that's in a different segment. I'm taking about performance, price and engine comparisons.
Old 4th February 2016, 11:48   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentscreamers View Post
Equipment level is barely enough to keep up, pricing is high, after sales support is pathetic, so the juicy 240 HP motor is the only thing going for the XE and a certain segment of enthusiasts would probably go for it.

Best of luck Jaguar!
The juicier motor in the 328i had hardly any takers so what makes Jaguar think they will get much enthusiasts for this petrol model and that too with their current reputation.
Old 4th February 2016, 11:48   #60
BHPian

I would say its certainly not aggressive pricing, but may be a strategic pricing. If we compare prices in other countries, the difference between XE and german trio is very less and same is the story here as well. The strategy to launch different engine with different specs is still out of reach of my mind. Higher bhp with meridian system and all may be justifying the difference of 6.5 lacs, just at par. But i am sure one more variant in the middle is in line, when they launch the diesel version.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks