Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2015, 00:52   #136
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

I had been to the launch today at the dealer in Calicut.As per the executive there the increase in price is around 40k which makes the on road price for the High line TDI DSG close to 14 lakhs.I Had plans of booking the same this week, but this new price is making me think of going for a used Jetta instead of this facelifted Vento. Also i had preferred the colour black but came to know it is discontinued now.
Old 24th June 2015, 01:23   #137
Team-BHP Support

The price is not that much actually. At the time of Verna 4S launch the price of Old Vento 1.2TSI was 10.45 ex showroom. The new 10.62 is only a 17K increase.

For the TDI DSG highline the increase is more around 30K.

The difference with the City VX CVT has dropped to 80K vs 1L earlier which will be a problem for VW as they are still short on features.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 08:57   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

For the TDI DSG highline the increase is more around 30K.
So that means the TDI DSG Highline will be nudging Rs. 15 lakhs on-road in Bangalore!!!

Damn! And just when I was planning to stretch my budget to include the Vento in my short-list.
Old 24th June 2015, 10:46   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
The 7% increase in efficiency for petrol and 2% is diesel being said on account of supposedly better aerodynamics not any changes to engine. Things like lower GC and bonnet design etc . It may be difficult to check that in a test drive. Other changes , which are mostly cosmetic are well covered in this thread. I was hoping for a better music system, projectors and maybe even a sunroof . But then VW as always focussed on subtle changes that matter
The above was quoted by Kamal Basu, the VW Marketing Head, at the launch, but imho, the logic sounds flaky.
- What he said implies a low cd (coefficient of drag), which costs serious monies for a manufacturer to achieve, and is unlikely VW would have done it for an interim facelift.
- If the efficiencies were indeed achieved through better aerodynamics, the improved efficiencies would be similiar for diesel & petrol - that's obviously not the case.

More likely, they would have replaced the piston, rings or other such engine component with one with lesser friction. I figure he was clueless, but knew that so was his audience - reflected by a lack of a follow-up question - so just rattled off the top of his head. Typical marketing guy response, really.
Old 24th June 2015, 12:32   #140
BHPian

Hello
I had purchased pre face lifted vento 1.5 tdi MT HL in the last week of March at 11.22L on road price (considering all discounts). Yesterday sales person here at VW navsari, quoted around 12.1L on road for the corresponding face lifted model.
So it seems they have increased 25-30K on ex-showroom price of the outgoing variants, which I guess is okay considering the extra features they have provided.
For cities like Bangalore, the difference will increase to a larger amount because of the taxation difference compared to other cities. Pretty shocking and sad to see price difference of around 1L for the same vehicle in two different parts of the country, with the Person paying lesser amount getting better roads ( read gujarat) compared to Karnataka IMHO.
chintu_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 12:59   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
Hello
I had purchased pre face lifted vento 1.5 tdi MT HL in the last week of March at 11.22L on road price (considering all discounts). Yesterday sales person here at VW navsari, quoted around 12.1L on road for the corresponding face lifted model.
So it seems they have increased 25-30K on ex-showroom price of the outgoing variants, which I guess is okay considering the extra features they have provided.
For cities like Bangalore, the difference will increase to a larger amount because of the taxation difference compared to other cities. Pretty shocking and sad to see price difference of around 1L for the same vehicle in two different parts of the country, with the Person paying lesser amount getting better roads ( read gujarat) compared to Karnataka IMHO.
I spoke with a dealer in April 2015 and was given following price sheet(effective from 01/01/2015). VW was offering 45k cash discount on pre-facelift model, this was cash discount and not on the ex-showroom price, hence the benefit was exactly 45k.

Vento Price List (Bangalore)

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-vento.jpg

Are we comparing price of 2015 facelift with price of same model in November 2014?

Regards.
Old 24th June 2015, 17:10   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
I spoke with a dealer in April 2015 and was given following price sheet(effective from 01/01/2015). VW was offering 45k cash discount on pre-facelift model, this was cash discount and not on the ex-showroom price, hence the benefit was exactly 45k.

Vento Price List (Bangalore)
With yesterday's launch, I believe this price list is now outdated as well. According to VW Palace cross - new TSI will be 13.35L and TDI DSG around 14.9L in Bangalore.
Old 24th June 2015, 17:42   #143
BHPian

Hi,

Have dealers in Bangalore received updated price list(Vento) from VW. I called VW customer care(toll free number) yesterday and they only had ex-showroom price for MH and Delhi.

Regards.
Old 24th June 2015, 17:55   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

Have dealers in Bangalore received updated price list(Vento) from VW. I called VW customer care(toll free number) yesterday and they only had ex-showroom price for MH and Delhi.

Regards.
Yes. I spoke to VW Palace cross staff just before posting the revised prices here.
Old 24th June 2015, 21:40   #145
BHPian

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Some models are having 2000+ rupees more than 10 lakhs, wouldn't they be better off reducing that and thereby giving huge tax savings to customers!
Old 25th June 2015, 10:45   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I would say the real USP is the DSG with the 1.5L TDI! There are innumerable petrol automatics in the segment. How many diesel automatics? The Vento TDI DSG drives really well...the DSG is perfectly matched to that engine.
Real USP=DSG? Come on! IMO, the DSG is the sole reason why I would not buy the Vento. In the highest probability of my personal experience having owned 3 DSG cars, each of which have had mechatronic failures, I think it's high time the VW group stop selling us this crap.

It is perhaps one of the best gearboxes around BUT it is by far the most unreliable one worldwide. Give me a ZF box instead, anyday!
Sahil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 11:35   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Real USP=DSG? Come on! IMO, the DSG is the sole reason why I would not buy the Vento. In the highest probability of my personal experience having owned 3 DSG cars, each of which have had mechatronic failures, I think it's high time the VW group stop selling us this crap.

It is perhaps one of the best gearboxes around BUT it is by far the most unreliable one worldwide. Give me a ZF box instead, anyday!

I agree. Before buying the Manual transmission, I had enquired about the dsg variant, and guess what nobody at the dealership or at their customer-care centre (contacted via emails) had proper answer for their failure history in DSG gearbox.

For one instance let's believe that VW has resolved the issue, in that case their representatives should be able to answer the queries regarding DSG failures, which wasn't the case with me.
This was solely my experience and the opinion has been framed based on that.
Regards.
Old 25th June 2015, 12:59   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

I can understand your angst given your history with DSGs but it is a USP for first timers. Take my example, I bought a Vento TSI for three reasons - DSG (trusting that VW has fixed the problem), turbocharged, direct injection petrol engine, and general fit and finish, which I thought was better than all other automatics in the segment. So far, very enjoyable and no complaints but it is early days as yet.
StarScream is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 13:13   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Ironically, their biggest USP (DSG) is their biggest weak point!

As I see it, it's not the first owners who are going to get shafted, say after 3 or 4 years and 30/40k km down the line. It's going to be the second owners!

VW has hopefully figured out what is going so badly wrong with the particular DSG, else they are going to be faced with an irate group of DSG Vento & Polo owners (numbering far larger), than the less vocal Octavia/Laura/Superb set.

In the market for an automatic myself. Unable to bring myself as yet towards a DSG.

Last edited by itwasntme : 25th June 2015 at 13:22. Reason: Grammar
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 00:51   #150
BHPian

I have a 4.5 years old Cruze automatic, 51500kms so far. Have had issues with the AC at times, and cost of every repair is quite high (though I have not been ripped off yet). I have recently developed a huge attraction towards petrol cars, so I have been thinking about the new Vento TSI seriously.

But reading the threads about DSG failures in Polo GT TSI and the VW service, I am very confused now. The Polo / Vento owners seem to have a lot more issues than the Honda owners have. Even the test drive Vento which I drove was in a really bad condition though it had done less than 10,000km. I am thinking of either going for a Honda City Manual Petrol, or simply keep my Cruze AT, even though I do not like the diesel feeling anymore.

Most Viewed