Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2015, 18:27   #271
BHPian

It was on my list of checks too. I have driven the new Vento with 4 adults + 1 kid on some really bad humps that I sadly have to deal with on a regular basis and it did not scrape a single time. However I must mention that I did slow down when I crossed these humps. i dont think anything that can be classified as a hump will cause it to bottom out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Hmmm. I was fearing this. Agree these humps has to be really big, but if the car scrapes, it hurts.
That's the Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
Nice, Can you please tell me about the Touchscreen panel you got installed? Which company and what price?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 31st August 2015 at 19:21. Reason: merging posts. Please use the edit or multi-quote option if posting within 30mins on same thread.
Bhodrolok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 10:45   #272
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Folks, By adding a Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 to CL variant can we use the phone Bluetooth function? I mean do we need to add anything / wiring for phone microphone?

Cheers!
Old 1st September 2015, 11:25   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Folks, By adding a Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 to CL variant can we use the phone Bluetooth function? I mean do we need to add anything / wiring for phone microphone?

Cheers!
I don't see any reason why it will not work. The unit comes with its own mike (I think there is one on the unit in addition to the external one provided) which plugs in at the back and can be routed to wherever required (Mine is clipped on the sun visor), and the blue tooth module is built into the unit itself, So there is no real dependency on the car electronics. So should work fine in the CL.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 13:55   #274
BHPian

The Vento Highline TDI DSG came home yesterday. posting some pics soon. Carbon steel slightly darker than tha Pajero Sport's storm grey.

Came with MRF tyres. should i upgrade to Michelins??
Old 1st September 2015, 13:56   #275
BHPian

As I was driving down to work in the sweltering sun today,I wondered how does sun/UV protection work in the vento? The brochure says "heat insulating glass" for windscreen and windows, can someone comment on how effective it is? Also considering our current ban on sun films, what can be done to keep the cabin tolerable?
Old 1st September 2015, 14:23   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
I think so. My previous experience with MRF was not so good. Very hard and noisy tires, though wont face much puncture problems.
Figopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 14:39   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
As I was driving down to work in the sweltering sun today,I wondered how does sun/UV protection work in the vento? The brochure says "heat insulating glass" for windscreen and windows, can someone comment on how effective it is? Also considering our current ban on sun films, what can be done to keep the cabin tolerable?
Some vehicles come with a windows/windshields that cut down the UV rays and heat. Easiest way to notice is the intensity of the sun-burn sensation on your skin with the window up v/s window down.
As for keeping the cabin tolerable, the best solution I've found so far is transparent sun-film. It's not legal, but sadly, there is no other way without a compromise in some manner. Even the window shades become a nuisance everytime you have to roll down your window to pay toll, etc.

Quote:
The Vento Highline TDI DSG came home yesterday. posting some pics soon. Carbon steel slightly darker than tha Pajero Sport's storm grey.

MRF lasts long, and is tough. However, past experiences with MRF's haven't been very promising as far as ride, handling, and braking have been concerned. Michelins are softer tyres and more susceptible to damage - however as long as you drive reasonably carefully, you shouldn't face any issues except a shorter life (35Kkm v/s 50Kkm). The difference in the ride and handling will be quite significant though, and you will definitely appreciate the swap in the long run.

Last edited by lamborghini : 1st September 2015 at 14:42.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 14:49   #278
BHPian

So any particular film that is effective? Also I am guessing since its transparent, the glare would still be a problem but the heat due to sun would be lessened to a good extent.

I wonder why don't the manufacturers make cars with tinted glasses or at least provide that as an option ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
As for keeping the cabin tolerable, the best solution I've found so far is transparent sun-film. It's not legal, but sadly, there is no other way without a compromise in some manner.
Old 1st September 2015, 14:54   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post

MRF lasts long, and is tough. However, past experiences with MRF's haven't been very promising as far as ride, handling, and braking have been concerned. Michelins are softer tyres and more susceptible to damage - however as long as you drive reasonably carefully, you shouldn't face any issues except a shorter life (35Kkm v/s 50Kkm). The difference in the ride and handling will be quite significant though, and you will definitely appreciate the swap in the long run.
thankyou very much. what are brands other than Michelin i can go in for? How's Continental or Pirelli or Yoko??
Old 1st September 2015, 15:01   #280
BHPian

Quote:
thankyou very much. what are brands other than Michelin i can go in for? How's Continental or Pirelli or Yoko??
I am currently using Yoko A Drive. Worth every penny over MRFs.
Old 1st September 2015, 22:04   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I don't see any reason why it will not work. The unit comes with its own mike (I think there is one on the unit in addition to the external one provided) which plugs in at the back and can be routed to wherever required (Mine is clipped on the sun visor), and the blue tooth module is built into the unit itself, So there is no real dependency on the car electronics. So should work fine in the CL.
Rajeevraj is absolutely right, I have this head unit installed on my Polo GT. Comes with an internal mic built in but, you also get a external clip on mic for your visor.

Should be all set for Bluetooth and phone access. You will need to buy an additional harness perhaps if you want it to interface with any steering buttons you have.
R170 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 13:34   #282
BHPian

The Bluetooth in the P835 works flawlessly with my Nexus 5.

As for the heat insulation, I found it useless so far. Atleast under the Cochin sun. It was getting ridiculously hot unless the AC was upped. I was thinking of buying those pull up side curtains. Need a good source though.

My Grande Punto came with tinted glasses and the insulation was pretty good. In fact I have been pulled up by cops because of the slight dark tint.

Another thing I haven't yet liked is the fog lamps on the New Vento. It's the same as the old Polo. And I don't think it has the cornering function of the New Polo fog lamps. The New Polo ones even look much better and would have suited the Vento's refreshed front. That's a bummer.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd September 2015 at 13:42. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 3rd September 2015, 06:24   #283
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Those interiors are worth it.
Indeed! And also to the mention the steering wheel - looks great without a sea of buttons.
Old 3rd September 2015, 16:31   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
So any particular film that is effective? Also I am guessing since its transparent, the glare would still be a problem but the heat due to sun would be lessened to a good extent.

I wonder why don't the manufacturers make cars with tinted glasses or at least provide that as an option ?!
I think glare would be reduced with the film.
As for film - I believe we have VKool, but I could be wrong. Either ways - check out the heat rejection offered by the film and take a call. Recommend installing it on the windshield too, as that is one of the largest glasses, and a big source for heat.

Quote:
My experience with Michelins and Continentals have been good so far! Haven't tried Yoko as yet, and my experience with Pirelli has been ok - nothing to write home about.
I've also read very good reviews of the MRF ZLo on this forum - so maybe worth checking out too. Might just be a great all rounder balancing grip and life.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 19:39   #285
BHPian

Hi Guys, I have not been able to go through this entire thread but would like to know the performance/ feedback of the manual petrol of this facelift vis-a-vis the older version. I understand the older version is not that impressive. One of my close friends is contemplating an upgrade to this segment and almost shortlisted this and City iVTec. He currently drives an Alto. I own 4th gen City iVTec itself but am not tempted to recommend this to him owing to the reduction of the quality in this gen. It would also be really helpful to even suggest avg. mileage numbers. Pls note he is not interested in the automatic. Thanks.

Last edited by OwnersPride : 8th September 2015 at 19:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks