Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2015, 20:28   #391
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Btw, I'm planning to visit VW showroom tomorrow. to check discounts or offers on Vento and Polo
I went for Vento test drive today. They offered free insurance (worth 40k) and free accessories worth 3600. On the other hand, Hyundai and Maruti were not willing to give any offer at all on Elite i20 and Ciaz, even though it's year end.

The main issue I found in Vento petrol is the long clutch travel. I feel that it will be very inconvenient for city traffic. Especially since I'll be driving in Bangalore city for most of the time, this is a deal breaker.
Old 6th December 2015, 21:05   #392
BHPian

Quote:
The main issue I found in Vento petrol is the long clutch travel. I feel that it will be very inconvenient for city traffic. Especially since I'll be driving in Bangalore city for most of the time, this is a deal breaker.
I think you are looking at the wrong variant. You should have a look at the 1.2 tsi with DSG, especially if your commute is in the ever increasing Bangalore traffic. Its more fuel efficient than the manual and better performance to top it off. The only thing that might be a deal breaker is the price, if its not in your budget.
Old 6th December 2015, 21:50   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I think you are looking at the wrong variant. You should have a look at the 1.2 tsi with DSG, especially if your commute is in the ever increasing Bangalore traffic. Its more fuel efficient than the manual and better performance to top it off. The only thing that might be a deal breaker is the price, if its not in your budget.
I'm aware that automatic transmission is the best option for a city like Bangalore. My budget is 9lakh if it's a premium hatchback and 11lakh if it's a mini-suv or sedan (proper sedan, not one of those ugly compact sedans). Within this budget, I couldn't find any good option with auto trans. Vento TSI OTR in Bangalore are 12.56 lakh and 13.50 lakh respectively for comfortline and highline. Moreover, I'm bit skeptical about the DSG complaints.

So, I decided that I should go for a manual transmission for now. Hopefully, when I want to buy another car after a few years, we will have more number of options for automatic cars in India.
Old 7th December 2015, 09:12   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
I sincerely hope not.

I hope government imposes serious penalties on VW and make it a painful lesson so all car manufacturers take notice. It would be really bad if companies get away with cheating like this.

What they did is pure intentional fraud, and they need to be taught a lesson.
I appreciate your sentiments and emotions in this Skywalker, but the truth of the matter is, just like Maggie issue, this will also get sidelined in India..corrupt officials and politicians will ensure that, and we are seeing it happen now itself.

IF the government had the right attitude, then they would have directed VW to stop selling cars now itself and to start taking rectifying measures in India with immediate priority. In a way, by not taking action, government is abetting the cheating of Indian consumers by VW as "justice delayed is justice denied"..IF they can do it with Maggie, why does VW merit a superior treatment ?

So unless someone goes to the court and make them take notice of the issue and a court directive is given to stop selling VW cars until the issue is sorted out, VW will sit cosy on the consumer's heads and we will still "respect" German technology.

A thief is a thief; by whatever name known.
Old 9th December 2015, 23:05   #395
BHPian

Quote:
I'm aware that automatic transmission is the best option for a city like Bangalore. My budget is 9lakh if it's a premium hatchback and 11lakh if it's a mini-suv or sedan (proper sedan, not one of those ugly compact sedans). Within this budget, I couldn't find any good option with auto trans. Vento TSI OTR in Bangalore are 12.56 lakh and 13.50 lakh respectively for comfortline and highline. Moreover, I'm bit skeptical about the DSG complaints.

So, I decided that I should go for a manual transmission for now. Hopefully, when I want to buy another car after a few years, we will have more number of options for automatic cars in India.
Why aren't you looking at the Honda City Automatic? I am considering the top variant. The top Variant in Delhi would cost approx 13Lakhs.
Old 9th December 2015, 23:16   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmalik30 View Post
Why aren't you looking at the Honda City Automatic? I am considering the top variant. The top Variant in Delhi would cost approx 13Lakhs.
My dear friend, we have the worst tax slabs in Bangalore. Honda City Vx CVT costs around 14.5lakh OTR. That's way above my budget. Moreover, after seeing all the issues with latest City and with a few bad experiences in various Honda showrooms recently, I lost interest in City.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-anymore.html
Old 13th December 2015, 13:17   #397
BHPian

Transport ministry’s clean chit to Volkswagen

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/50156549.cms

Barely days after heavy industries minister Anant Geete revealed that automobile major Volkswagen had accepted having flouted emission norms, transport ministry said the reports sent to them do not mention any evidence of such violation.
Earlier this week, the heavy industries ministry forwarded the tests carried out by Automotive Research and Development Center in India (ARAI) on VW cars to the transport ministry and had recommended it to take necessary action.

"But the reports don't mention violation of test norms. The company has also not admitted or acknowledged flouting any norms. So, there is no evidence. But to get better clarity, we will ask ARAI to respond whether they have detected any violation as per the set norms," said a ministry official.
Nitin Gadkari, who took a review meeting on this issue with top ministry officials and representatives from the German car maker, also said that his ministry won't take any decision or step in "haste". "As of now, nothing is on record that suggests the manufacturer has violated our emission norms. We will follow transparent system for assessment before taking any action," Gadkari said.

He asked until the violation is established how they can take any decision including imposing any penalty on the company.
TOI on December 3 had reported how it would be difficult for government to take action against the company on the basis of ARAI tests since India has emission norms for new vehicles and not for on-road ones. The tests carried out by ARAI show that the emission is higher in case of used vehicles, while emission from new cars is much lower than the prescribed limits.
Old 30th December 2015, 15:48   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went for Vento test drive today. They offered free insurance (worth 40k) and free accessories worth 3600. On the other hand, Hyundai and Maruti were not willing to give any offer at all on Elite i20 and Ciaz, even though it's year end.
VW has introduced a 75k discount on Highline (50k for CL) + an exchange bonus close of 20k + if you get that 40k off on insurance free, then you have a good deal at your hand. But this I guess ends on 31/12/2015
Old 30th December 2015, 15:50   #399

Hey there!

Is there any way to retrofit the new electrically folding mirrors with blinkers on an older 2014 Vento?

Thank you.
Old 30th December 2015, 16:22   #400

I have booked the 2015 Vento Highline MT, and hopefully the delivery should happen either on the 1st of Jan or the 2nd. And while I wait fervently and impatiently to drive this car, the only solace I have is this thread :-)
It will be my first European car, after having driven the peppy Swift VDi for 5 years. Looking forward to this new experience with what appears to be a robust and well engineered vehicle. *can't control the excitement.
Old 30th December 2015, 17:19   #401
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AashishC View Post
Hey there!

Is there any way to retrofit the new electrically folding mirrors with blinkers on an older 2014 Vento?

Thank you.
You can. You will need a new pair of mirrors, a pair of window regulator motors (from ETKA, the pricing was somewhere close to 20k!), new connectors, a new controller with the folding function and some harnesses/pins.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 18:00   #402
BHPian

There was interesting discussion with the sales rep yesterday. For all the owners of Comfortline and Highline cars Vento Polo alike what do you do with the existing head unit when you replace that with the Blaupaunkt 835? You can only fit it into VW Skoda Seat cars, in India only VW and Skoda. Has anyone tried selling it on OLX?
Old 30th December 2015, 18:08   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
There was interesting discussion with the sales rep yesterday. For all the owners of Comfortline and Highline cars Vento Polo alike what do you do with the existing head unit when you replace that with the Blaupaunkt 835? You can only fit it into VW Skoda Seat cars, in India only VW and Skoda. Has anyone tried selling it on OLX?
Why would people buy the stock unit in the first place? For Comfortline owners, the Highline head unit offers a bit more functionality ie basic Bluetooth( RCD 320 vs RCD 220). Trendline owners may buy it( unlikely).Else I don't think it will even move. I'd rather sell it ( if I can) to the dealership or some spare parts shop.
Old 31st December 2015, 01:04   #404

My first post and my first car. Booked a Toffee Brown Vento TSI Comfortline this week, expecting delivery next week. I hope I don't face the niggles and issues reported by some owners. But I guess the safety and fun offered by this car is unmatched at its price point.

Costed me 10.75 lakh OTR, including zero dep insurance and extended warranty. Hope I got a good deal.
Old 31st December 2015, 02:06   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiroon View Post
My first post and my first car. Booked a Toffee Brown Vento TSI Comfortline this week, expecting delivery next week. I hope I don't face the niggles and issues reported by some owners. But I guess the safety and fun offered by this car is unmatched at its price point.

Costed me 10.75 lakh OTR, including zero dep insurance and extended warranty. Hope I got a good deal.
Congrats on your new car man! The toffee brown colour really suits the understated beast and the TSI+DSG combo is really amazing. Do post some pics after you get the delivery.

Cheers!
Raj_RD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks