Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2016, 22:34   #466
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I bought the 3D kagu maxpider mats from autofresh for my Vento TSI. My car has deadpedal. I had enquired with autofresh and they advised that the mats will suit newer models.

I got them installed yesterday. I am not sure if this one is specific for deadpedal as there is no obvious cut but only a slight curvature. The rear mats also seem not to fit perfectly. There is a slight gap. Since these are custom molded I expected a much better fit. Driver side is what worries me more. When I place the feet, the mat projection on the dead pedal causes some discomfort. Though the mat is softer, I think on longer drives, it can be uncomfortable.

So, i want to know if anyone had installed these in Vento with dead pedal and if yes how is the design. Attached are the pictures.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-1468688411396.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-1468688431352.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-1468688444809.jpg  

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-1468688457754.jpg  

Old 17th July 2016, 22:44   #467
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthils27 View Post
Hello Guys,

I bought the 3D kagu maxpider mats from autofresh for my Vento TSI. My car has deadpedal.
Hi,

I haven't used these mats but it should cover deal pedal else dust/sand would reach carpet when you rest your foot on dead pedal.

Here is a similar one from an ownership thread (Octavia)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...g-driver3d.jpg

Regards.
Old 23rd July 2016, 16:24   #468
BHPian

Additional horn in Vento 2015 facelift

Hi,

This might be useful for folks who want to install additional horn in Vento 2015 facelift, same might be valid for Polo but someone need to check and confirm.

1. Remove right side fog-light.

2. Disconnect fog-light connector.

3. You will notice another connector attached to fog-light wire using zip-tie.

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-vento-2015additional-horn.jpg

4. Install new horn using a blank space (marked in circle) available in front on windshield washer tank.

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-vento-2015additional-horn.jpg

I had bought following connector from Aliexpress using which you can connect normal horn to OEM connector.

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-hornconnectorvw.jpg

I only installed low tone horn from the Bosch set and did not touch high tone horn installed on the left hand side.

Benefits

1. This can be done as DIY and there is no need to remove bumper.
2. Cost would be 4.2$ + cost of horn (INR 500 approx).
3. You won't have to pay INR 2400 charged by VW workshop for the same work.

I am not sure why VW was charging cost of connector if its available by default. Maybe this was not available in the previous version.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...e-imag2579.jpg

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 23rd July 2016 at 16:30.
antardaksh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 20:21   #469
BHPian

Hi,

OEM LED headlight is available online but I am not sure how much modification is required and whether BCM needs to be upgraded.

Approx 1350 with shipping.

http://www.carsystems.pl/polo-6c-oem...36,id2163.html

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-polooemledhl.jpg

Vagtune is selling the same for 1.65 lacs.

I believe we need to wait till this is launched in India with Vento facelift to see if its more efficient than xenon.

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 7th August 2016 at 20:22.
Old 9th August 2016, 07:42   #470
Senior - BHPian

To the information of all those who are planning to buy a VW- Avoid taking the 2+1 extended warranty at all costs, even if it's given for free. VW can only enter the details about the extended warranty only ONCE into their portal. They will not be able to change it later on!
We got the 2+1 extended warranty free when we bought our car back in 2014. It's been 2 years and we still haven't been able to extended it till the 4th year. We've been sending a lot of emails recently and we're hoping there will be a change.
To mods: You can probably post this in the other VW threads. I don't want anybody else to go through this!
Turbohead is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 13:20   #471
BHPian

Yesterday I took a test drive of a Vento TSI. When I drove over road depressions (like an inverted speed breaker) the front suspension would bottom out and I could hear metal hitting metal. Is this normal?

I commented about it to the SA. He did not respond. I did not pursue the matter with him because I can feel that he is clueless. By the way, the test vehicle was not maintained well, there was lots of warning light on in the instrument cluster.
Old 9th August 2016, 14:09   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Yesterday I took a test drive of a Vento TSI. When I drove over road depressions (like an inverted speed breaker) the front suspension would bottom out and I could hear metal hitting metal. Is this normal?

I commented about it to the SA. He did not respond. I did not pursue the matter with him because I can feel that he is clueless. By the way, the test vehicle was not maintained well, there was lots of warning light on in the instrument cluster.
Cannot be normal for any vehicle so definitely the suspension is kaput.

Warning lights on a test drive vehicle left unaddressed, has to be the worst thing imaginable. What kind of a shady dealership is this?
avisidhu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 17:24   #473
Senior - BHPian

Yep. Front shocks are gone.! Only Springs act, hitting the retainers. That is one reason I don't take test drives on dealer's cars. For example my dealer offered me a test car with almost flat tyres and 35 k on the Odo. I Said, no thanks. For me answers to my queries and doubts are more important and test drive is just another nervous ride.
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 14:06   #474
BHPian

There is news that the Vento will get feature update (LED headlight is mentioned) in this coming festive season. Should I buy now or should I wait, that's my dilemma! I would certainly like factory fitted reverse camera. Now that the Ameo has it, maybe the Vento having it is not too far behind.

I enquired about fitting the Ameo reverse camera and two showrooms quoted Rs 45k.
Old 12th August 2016, 14:59   #475
Senior - BHPian

Went to see the Vento the day before at Sundaram VW. Very surprised to see The TDi manual variants completely missing from the price list. Only NA petrol manual, TSI/TDI DSG versions on sale. Anyone knows more about this? Will post the price list, if interested.

Took a test drive yesterday, came out pretty impressed. Havent felt the infamous D3-D2 jerks throughout the 10ish km drive. Brakes were adequate. Took around places where there were humps, didnt bottom anywhere, no they are not the unscientific ones

Am pretty impressed with Comfortline's features, which is what was expecting: decent enthusiastic automatic with cruise, decent boot space for our long drives, black interiors will be a plus.

A question to Comfortline owners, do you really feel the need for Highline features? The only thing I think I would miss is steering mounted audio controls. Auto-wipers to me looks like a gimmick, would have preferred auto headlamps rather. Would also look forward if they plonk the LED headlights this festive season. I'd prefer a black themed fabric than a beige themed leatherette.

Other question is Madras VW owners specific, how is Sundaram VW? So far the sales experience has been very good, were looking to take things forward and followups are good. Poles apart from Sundaram Honda (went to see the City) who seem pretty uninterested even to offer a test drive.
Old 12th August 2016, 15:06   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

Am pretty impressed with Comfortline's features, which is what was expecting: decent enthusiastic automatic with cruise, decent boot space for our long drives, black interiors will be a plus.
I don't think you get the automatic (DSG) in comfortline. It is only available in the highline.

Quote:

A question to Comfortline owners, do you really feel the need for Highline features? The only thing I think I would miss is steering mounted audio controls. Auto-wipers to me looks like a gimmick, would have preferred auto headlamps rather. Would also look forward if they plonk the LED headlights this festive season. I'd prefer a black themed fabric than a beige themed leatherette.
+1. While the auto wipers works great in my car, it is an unnecessary-gimmicky feature.
Old 12th August 2016, 15:11   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I don't think you get the automatic (DSG) in comfortline. It is only available in the highline.
The DSG (At least with the TDi) is available in Comfortline trim. Lemme take a quick look at the price-quote that I received and see if the TSi too is available in two trim options.

EDIT: The 1.2 TSi too is available in both Comfortline and Highline variants.

Cheers !

Sundar

Last edited by MavericK46 : 12th August 2016 at 15:14. Reason: Added some more information
Old 12th August 2016, 15:15   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The price list shows Comfortline variants for both TSI DSG (12.71L OTR) and TDI DSG (14.28L OTR).

I haven't seen the Comfortline DSG variant in flesh though, the display Comfortline in showroom was the 1.6L NA petrol.

Last edited by narayans80 : 12th August 2016 at 15:16. Reason: incorrect pricing for TDI DSG Comfortline
Old 12th August 2016, 17:58   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericK46 View Post
The DSG (At least with the TDi) is available in Comfortline trim. Lemme take a quick look at the price-quote that I received and see if the TSi too is available in two trim options.

EDIT: The 1.2 TSi too is available in both Comfortline and Highline variants.

Cheers !

Sundar
Oh really! This is news to me. I bought a TSI in May '16 and at that point the TSI was only there in HL.

Quote:
The price list shows Comfortline variants for both TSI DSG (12.71L OTR) and TDI DSG (14.28L OTR).

I haven't seen the Comfortline DSG variant in flesh though, the display Comfortline in showroom was the 1.6L NA petrol.
I paid 13 lakhs OTR for TSI in May'16 (and that point only HL was available).

I just checked their website and indeed they have both CL and HL in TSI.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-20160812_175651.jpg  

shifu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 20:12   #480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Went to see the Vento the day before at Sundaram VW. Very surprised to see The TDi manual variants completely missing from the price list. Only NA petrol manual, TSI/TDI DSG versions on sale. Anyone knows more about this? Will post the price list, if interested.
This is due to the emission related stuff. The manual TDI variants of both the Vento and Rapid have not been on sale for several months now. Apparently the emission issue affects only the manual variants. Maybe because of some tuning stuff for the AT. There was a discussion on this somewhere as to why the TDI DSG and the Polo TDI are not impacted.

Quote:
Oh really! This is news to me. I bought a TSI in May '16 and at that point the TSI was only there in HL.
The TSI and TDI Comfortline variants have been available from the 2015 refresh. Reason I am sure is that I had captured this as part of my Automatics 10-17L (Automatics between 10-17 Lakh OTR - A Comprehensive Guide) thread which I wrote in September 2015. If you see the first table, the Comfortline TSI is captured.

So not sure why you were not able to buy it in May 2016. I assume it may not be a popular variant.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks