Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2016, 00:34   #496
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Hello everyone, just booked a Vento TDI yesterday with apple auto. All thanks to team bhp members whose official reviews and ownership threads convinced me more than dealer ever could. More on this later.

Coming back to the reason of this post:
As I said that I booked the car yesterday (6th Sep) and the dealer promised me that the car is available readily. I had gone prepared for couple of months of waiting and was pleasantly surprised. So made the payment for the booking amount and fixed 8th Sep for PDI/final payment process. As luck would have it, some work related stuff is now making me travel abroad on the weekend. I will be back only by 18th and by which Shradh period will start. Family is dead against me taking delivery of vehicle during this period which will end only on 1st of October. So the confusion is:

• Should I complete the process on 8th (Thursday)? Will the dealer be able to register the car and deliver it by 9th Sep, Friday (I am travelling on Friday night)? If he is not able to deliver it by Friday, I will only be able to take delivery on 2nd of October. The thought that car shall remain with dealer for a month is already giving me nightmares
  • Should I wait till 2nd October to complete the process? I may still get the same vehicle if dealer doesn’t get any order for the colour. Can I reject the vehicle offered to me during PDI, if in case they offer me say an august manufactured vehicle in October?
Old 7th September 2016, 10:27   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Hello everyone, just booked a Vento TDI yesterday with apple auto. All thanks to team bhp members whose official reviews and ownership threads convinced me more than dealer ever could. More on this later.

Coming back to the reason of this post:

As I said that I booked the car yesterday (6th Sep) and the dealer promised me that the car is available readily. I had gone prepared for couple of months of waiting and was pleasantly surprised. So made the payment for the booking amount and fixed 8th Sep for PDI/final payment process. As luck would have it, some work related stuff is now making me travel abroad on the weekend. I will be back only by 18th and by which Shradh period will start. Family is dead against me taking delivery of vehicle during this period which will end only on 1st of October. So the confusion is:

• Should I complete the process on 8th (Thursday)? Will the dealer be able to register the car and deliver it by 9th Sep, Friday (I am travelling on Friday night)? If he is not able to deliver it by Friday, I will only be able to take delivery on 2nd of October. The thought that car shall remain with dealer for a month is already giving me nightmares

• Should I wait till 2nd October to complete the process? I may still get the same vehicle if dealer doesn’t get any order for the colour. Can I reject the vehicle offered to me during PDI, if in case they offer me say an august manufactured vehicle in October?

It's completely fine to keep your car with the dealer. Once you pay for that car, they will keep it in showroom and lock it and put a board like "sold" on it so that no one can touch it. I did the same. I paid for car one week before and they kept my car for a week safely.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 11:35   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Hi sameerg,

You can choose either option. You can opt for a new car when you come back or you can get the car registered. They will be able to get the car registered next day after PDI and payment formalities are completed.

They only thing they will not be able to provide on the same day would be number plate which can be collected later.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 12:37   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
5. Regular fuel is fine.
How about the petrol available in small towns and highways? This is one doubt I had in mind when considering the TSI DSG. Am a frequent highway driver and have filled occasionally in pumps in the middle of nowhere in my previous car.

The NVH of the TSI DSG is impressive, but if it is fuel sensitive, I might need to consider the TDI DSG. My usage is borderline like 13-15K a year.
Old 7th September 2016, 16:47   #500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
How about the petrol available in small towns and highways? This is one doubt I had in mind when considering the TSI DSG. Am a frequent highway driver and have filled occasionally in pumps in the middle of nowhere in my previous car.

The NVH of the TSI DSG is impressive, but if it is fuel sensitive, I might need to consider the TDI DSG. My usage is borderline like 13-15K a year.
The few times I have filled in small unknown pumps , I have not had any issues. With my typical kind of trips, I manage to ensure that I don't have to fill up in small pumps on the highway or in small towns.

The 55l tank( which can take 60-65 liters) and a typical 13-16kmpl mileage ( depending on kind of highway), ensures that you have a solid tank range which can help reduce the in between refills.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 17:16   #501
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have any idea as to when will the next facelifted Vento be launched. I believe this is the one with the projector headlights and LED DRLs. There were a couple of spy shots that caught the car testing in India.
Old 7th September 2016, 18:05   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Does anyone have any idea as to when will the next facelifted Vento be launched. I believe this is the one with the projector headlights and LED DRLs. There were a couple of spy shots that caught the car testing in India.

According to some posts in the forum it seems to be coming in festive season later this year. This can be true as Polo 6R (newer version) in abroad uses similar headlights setup. And it's available for sell at eBay for around 1 lac rupees. I might upgrade to similar setup in my Vento.

And it's possibly full LED headlight with LED DRLs. According to sources no bi-xenon projectors.
Old 7th September 2016, 23:14   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Does anyone have any idea as to when will the next facelifted Vento be launched. I believe this is the one with the projector headlights and LED DRLs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
And it's possibly full LED headlight with LED DRLs. According to sources no bi-xenon projectors.
I feel that the beam FOV (Field Of View) and cutoff of the LED headlights would need to be compared with a bi-xenon projector setup to understand the advantages in terms of performance and overall life.

Only if it is significantly higher does the investment (in LED headlights) make sense, otherwise the effectiveness/value of retro-fitting a bi-xenon projector setup in terms of a big jump in performance at a not-so-high cost, has been proven.
Old 8th September 2016, 01:26   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
I feel that the beam FOV (Field Of View) and cutoff of the LED headlights would need to be compared with a bi-xenon projector setup to understand the advantages in terms of performance and overall life.

Only if it is significantly higher does the investment (in LED headlights) make sense, otherwise the effectiveness/value of retro-fitting a bi-xenon projector setup in terms of a big jump in performance at a not-so-high cost, has been proven.

If they launch full LED headlights then it's gonna be first car below 20 lacs to get full LED headlights. And I can say LED are better for long life and DRLs steal the show undoubtedly.
Old 8th September 2016, 13:04   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
If they launch full LED headlights then it's gonna be first car below 20 lacs to get full LED headlights. And I can say LED are better for long life and DRLs steal the show undoubtedly.

As far as it being a novel technology in automotive lighting in this segment is concerned, yes I agree that is the case. As far as a cosmetic improvement in the looks of the headlights are concerned, one can get all kinds of DRLs retro-fitted as well on VAG cars. However, I was referring to something else.

The main purpose of the headlights is to provide adequate visibility/illumination for the driver.

When one sits in the driver's seat of the car during a night drive these are the basic factors of the headlights that determine one's driving comfort:
1. Illumination (light intensity)
2. Coverage of the road ahead by the lights (beam pattern and FOV)
3. Distance of the beam coverage: in front of the car
4. Colour temperature: closer to sun-light the better
5. Lateral beam coverage of the road (left/right)
6. Overall visibility (a result of [1] to [5])
7. Reliability
Now my point is this, if you compare this OEM LED setup that VW is going to offer with the previous halogen setup, then one may observe a significant difference wrt. the above parameters.
However, if you compare this OEM LED setup with a bi-xenon projector setup then is there any difference as per these parameters? This question needs to be answered. Considering that the LED headlights cost about 100k INR and the fact that a high-quality bi-xenon projector retrofit can be done within 30k INR, one would expect an improvement of atleast 40%-60% in their performance wrt. the above parameters. Is that really the case? I feel we BHPians need to do a comparison when the car is available to be able to comment conclusively.
So for someone considering an upgrade to their existing car, the judgment criteria for deciding whether an investment in the OE LED headlights has value would need some homework, and such a study to be done.
For those who are buying the new facelifted model, if VW is going to charge a large premium for the variant with these LED lamps, they may want to consider investing that money into a bi-xenon retrofit - and save some cash as well.

Therefore my point being that just a new technology being introduced by VW in this segment may not give the desired performance, unless it is validated/proven by actual data-points.

My SA who has seen this facelifted car in-person has told me that it's not as good as a bi-xenon projector setup, but better than conventional halogens. However, a benefit of doubt needs to be applied here as this is a purely personal opinion which is not quantified by data.

Personally, it's not something that I am very excited about. I'd rather spend 30k INR and get the best Morimoto projectors which would give a proven minimum life of 5 years and be happy with it. In 60k INR, one can go for a quad-projector setup which would probably be the best approach for a qauntum leap in lighting performance. And one would still have 40k INR saved.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 08:32   #506
BHPian

Does anyone have any additional information on the below 0% interest offer on Vento Diesel DSG Highline. If so, pl. update. It will appreciated.

http://www.googleadservices.com/page...Q0QwIGQ&adurl=

When I asked about this offer yesterday, i was informed that its not there now and only 40K cash benefit is present now. Hence asking.

Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 9th September 2016 at 08:36.
Old 9th September 2016, 10:24   #507
BHPian

There is usually a trade-off. Either cash benefit or zero % interest loan, not both.
Old 9th September 2016, 15:20   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Does anyone have any additional information on the below 0% interest offer on Vento Diesel DSG Highline. If so, pl. update. It will appreciated.
========
When I asked about this offer yesterday, i was informed that its not there now and only 40K cash benefit is present now. Hence asking.

Thanks.
I test drove both the TSI & TDI DSG Highline few weeks back in Gurgaon and I was given the option to either avail VW Finance @ 0% (This is only available for a loan term of 3 years) or 55K cash discount.
aashish_84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 16:38   #509
BHPian

This discount is on the OTR price or the ex-showroom?? Just asking since discount on ex-showroom would mean a little reduction in road tax etc also.
Old 9th September 2016, 16:39   #510
BHPian

There was a advert in today's TOI offering the 0 percent finance option, so it's for sure on, on calling them I was informed it's for the next three weeks max and finance would be upto 36 months as also mentioned by Ashish84.

The offer is also on the polo for which I had inquired post the advert this morning. It's the discount or the finance option. And not on the petrols

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks