Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2018, 14:47   #616
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Is it that VW India has stopped production of its 1.6 MPI variants? Dealers across are ready to sell whatever unit is left with them in their inventory. When a friend of mine wants the vehicle in carbon steel, highline, no dealer is able to place order and get it. Anyway, it is not available anymore in the highline plus 16 inchers.

Is VW approaching another facelift or updating of variants, given that there are now three variants of highline itself?
Old 11th October 2018, 13:45   #617
Distinguished - BHPian

Vento ' re-re-fresh' coming again!

The 'new' model will come with a new exterior colour, refreshed interior and enhanced safety.

Quote:
1. Will feature diamond-cut wheels in the Highline trim.

2. Its colour palette will include a new metallic blue paint shade that should be similar to the Skoda Rapid Onyx Edition's Lapiz Blue.

3. The interior will have a lighter colour tone and will feature a new touchscreen infotainment system that will have the VWConnect App.

4. 2019 Volkswagen Vento will be available with chest-level airbags for the front occupants in addition to the standard dual front airbags

5. the rear AC vents console will gain a 12V power socket
Quote:
the list of equipment will include electric folding and adjustable outside rear view mirrors, art leather seat upholstery, chrome interior accents, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift knob and a rear parking camera
Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 14:18   #618
BANNED

Is there some technical issue, that Volkswagen can’t equip Vento with side and curtain airbags? I still don’t get their logic of not giving 6 airbags!
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 14:34   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Is there some technical issue, that Volkswagen can’t equip Vento with side and curtain airbags? I still don’t get their logic of not giving 6 airbags!
That will come as part of Re-Re-Re-Re-Fresh!

Cannot add everything in one go when you have to survive 2-3 more years with nothing new.
RaghuVis is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 19:52   #620
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Vento gets side airbags. Polo hatchback and Ameo compact sedan also get mild updates

Quote:
Top-spec versions – Highline Plus – of the sedan will now feature dual front side airbags, in addition to the dual airbags already offered as standard. This takes the Vento’s airbag count to four
Quote:
Other modifications to the Vento line-up include new ‘Portago Grey’ 16-inch alloy wheels for the Highline Plus variants, and new 15-inch alloy wheels for the Highline trim. A body-coloured rear spoiler has also been added.

The update also brings with it the option of a new Lapiz Blue shade, a ‘moonstone’ colour surround for the radio, a glovebox light and a rear USB charging port, all of which are also now available on the Polo hatchback and Ameo compact sedan
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th October 2018 at 19:53.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 08:31   #621
BHPian

Hi guys

I just bought a 1.5 TDI Vento Highline Manual Transmission. Although the car is nice to drive, in the highway stability area I keep feeling the car is not as up to the mark as my 2010 Polo TDI. Has VW cut corners and compromised in this area?

I mean I just don't get that same rock solid feel I used to get in my Polo when driving over rough highway patches even at high speeds.

And even the Power Steering of the Vento feels harder than earlier VW's. Can someone confirm this? The Polo's steering was feather light in the city but still with enjoyable feedback.

Overall, I'm not able to explain it well, but like with my Polo when when driving at speeds above 100, on rough highway and the bumps caused due to poor patchwork, I never felt the need to correct the line of driving. If the steering was pointed in a particular direction, no matter what speed or what kind of bumps on the road, the car used to just point in that direction without the slightest sign of unsettling. I can't say the same with my new Vento. I specifically bought it remembering the 2010 Polos drive quality.

Can someone shed light on this? Has the power steering been actually somewhat recalibrated to feel heavier or do I need to get it checked?

Could it be that VW has cut corners in the suspension department causing the cars to lose that unwavering confidence they used to inspire irrespective of speed and road quality?
Old 19th October 2018, 14:50   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer911 View Post
Hi guys

Has VW cut corners and compromised in this area?
And even the Power Steering of the Vento feels harder than earlier VW's. Can someone confirm this?
Has the power steering been actually somewhat recalibrated to feel heavier or do I need to get it checked?
Could it be that VW has cut corners in the suspension department causing the cars to lose that unwavering confidence they used to inspire irrespective of speed and road quality?
hi there, the problem that you seem to be facing could be due to simply (at it's most basic analysis level) weight handling/distribution matter between the Polo and the Vento. From what I recall, the difference is approx. 150 kg in the kerb weights.
Or it could be that the suspension set-up or the steering may have been tweaked in the refreshed model.
Either ways, if it is too much of an irritant or causing discomfort, you should get it checked.
Old 20th October 2018, 04:59   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer911 View Post
I just bought a 1.5 TDI Vento Highline Manual Transmission. Although the car is nice to drive, in the highway stability area I keep feeling the car is not as up to the mark as my 2010 Polo TDI. Has VW cut corners and compromised in this area?
Unlikely. Check your tyre pressures, wheel alignment and finally, perhaps go test drive another Vento to confirm.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 08:13   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Unlikely. Check your tyre pressures, wheel alignment and finally, perhaps go test drive another Vento to confirm.
Hi I already checked the tire pressures and am now satisfied with the steering. the showroom guys had over inflated the rear tires and under inflated the front ones.I got them to the correct pressures checking them personally.

So the steering now feels fine but still the drive doesn't feel the same confidence inspiring like the Polo. The Polo was unwavering even at 140 around tight bends on the highways. The Vento no doubt still feels much ahead in the stability department than the competition, but if I try to push it in the same manner, there is a sway in the car and I have to slightly correct the line while going through the bend. In the Polo it was just point the steering in the correct angle and keep holding until the bend got over. It was like a no brainer. like, just rotate the steering, forget if there's a pot hole, forget if there's poor patch work or the roads rough etc. just hold the steering and the car would maintain that line and execute that turn. This is something that I'm missing in my Vento.

I'll drive another Vento but I doubt about the wheel alignment because otherwise the car is absolutely fine. its just during the bends that I keep getting that something is missing feeling.

Last edited by Racer911 : 20th October 2018 at 08:15.
Old 21st October 2018, 10:03   #625
BHPian

I can relate with what you are feeling, having owned a Polo for 5 years and using it extensively in this period on both city and highway roads. I felt exactly the same as you are feeling when I bought a Vento. The handling characteristics of Vento are certainly interior to Polo. On the positive side, it takes bumps better than Polo and is quieter over them. You gain some, you lose some
Old 28th October 2018, 07:34   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
I can relate with what you are feeling, having owned a Polo for 5 years and using it extensively in this period on both city and highway roads. I felt exactly the same as you are feeling when I bought a Vento. The handling characteristics of Vento are certainly interior to Polo. On the positive side, it takes bumps better than Polo and is quieter over them. You gain some, you lose some
I understand. But such a big contrast in driving dynamics. Its like Volkswagen has almost lost its differentiating identity. If I wanted to settle down with such dynamics I could have rather bought the new feature rich Verna with cooled seats and what not.

Anyway, is there any proven solution to restore the Old 1st gen Polo/Vento driving dynamics? There are long threads on the forum about suspension upgrades . But I just wanna make sure that poor suspension is the only culprit here before emptying my pockets.
Old 29th December 2018, 14:06   #627
BHPian

Putting this up on behalf of a friend. His 3 year old vento TDI had overheating lamp light up every time he started in spite of recent coolant top up. This is also showing additional symptoms like loss of pickup. Fearing a damaged sensor or worse evaporating coolant (though there is no sign of leakage), the car had been to the authorised service station in Chennai. The consensus is damaged cooling system warranting change of water pump and associated piping with an estimate of 31K.
Another theory being pushed forth is that there is corrosion in the clutch and flywheel which is contributing to overworking the engine and a change is warranted costing additional 15K. I have asked photos as proof of this claim of corrosion.

Though I doubt this consensus and have asked my friend to a nearby Bosch service station, he is worried his warranty would be void if he does so.

Could I request some feedback on few queries.
Will damage to the water pump so soon in the life cycle be valid, should it not get covered in warranty.
For a car which barely sees coastal roads, is it natural for clutch flywheel get corroded so soon.
Would servicing this outside void the warranty. Would it be possible to source the spares and repair it elsewhere.
Old 30th December 2018, 12:57   #628
Senior - BHPian

Jetta, Superb, Passat and Octy had this water pump issues since some time now. Is it also common with Vento, Rapid etc?
Old 13th February 2019, 10:21   #629
BHPian

I bought a Vento TSI Highline Plus. Thankfully its got Black + Beige interiors.
Any suggestion to maintain turbo, EGR, and DSG is welcomed.
Happy Motoring!
Old 13th February 2019, 10:48   #630
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Jetta, Superb, Passat and Octy had this water pump issues since some time now. Is it also common with Vento, Rapid etc?
Based on ownership reviews here and offline, the water pump failures are much less in the Vento and Rapid diesel engines. The unit is exactly the same across all the variants. Maybe the larger 2.0L engines need a pump with better specs?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks