Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2020, 20:23   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Was driving today and was greeted by these 2 warning lights which aren't going away after restarting the car.

Is this a faulty sensor or something more sinister? Also, my car is under warranty till next month, will that take care of this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I have the exact error but on my Jetta. I think it is an ABS sensor issue. I will give it to my FNG and have it checked out. Hopefully the wheel bearing is still fine.
Looks like a wheel speed sensor has gone bad. Wheel speed sensor is critical for the functioning of ABS and ESP. It's unlikely to be a wheel bearing issue. Wheel bearing failure will be accompanied by some sound from the wheels.
Turbohead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 10:40   #662
BHPian

Has anyone thought of swapping Ventos front seat(s) with Jetta seats ? Jetta seats are just way comfortable than the seats in Vento. I don't know the head or tail of this project. Just had this thought since the beginning, but never let it grow because it's difficult to source a Jetta seat and it's also going to be very expensive.

But I just wanted to know if we can just bolt on a Jetta driver's seat in place of a Ventos driver seat on the existing mounting bracket ? Or does it involve a much complex work like making holes in the floor and stuff ?
saisailendra is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 19:17   #663
BHPian

I noticed something extremely strange on my 2016 Vento today. The indicator tick has vanished.
I checked, all 6 indicators are flashing as they should, but the tick you hear inside when they’re on has Just vanished.

Has anyone experienced this before? Do I have a rolls Royce upgrade or is this something I need to be pettie about?
Old 1st August 2020, 00:38   #664
BHPian

Quote:
I noticed something extremely strange on my 2016 Vento today. The indicator tick has vanished.
I checked, all 6 indicators are flashing as they should, but the tick you hear inside when they’re on has Just vanished.

Has anyone experienced this before? Do I have a rolls Royce upgrade or is this something I need to be pettie about?
My 2015 vento’s tick tick while using indicators also vanished away in 2018 end. Never bothered to get it checked. Indicators are working fine till date.
speedfreak01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 15:58   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
My 2015 vento’s tick tick while using indicators also vanished away in 2018 end. Never bothered to get it checked. Indicators are working fine till date.
I also faced the same issue with both of my Honda Amaze. Along with indicator tick tick noise, seat belt warning beep also vanished.

The issue was traced to a small buzzer which was placed on the back side of the speedometer.

I did a simple DIY. Removed the speedometer, opened the buzzer, cleaned it well with IPA, fixed everything back and the issue was resolved.
AnkitAnimesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 09:36   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
That’s what I was planning on doing too. No way was I going to visit a service centre for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
The issue was traced to a small buzzer which was placed on the back side of the speedometer.

I did a simple DIY. Removed the speedometer, opened the buzzer, cleaned it well with IPA, fixed everything back and the issue was resolved.
Wow that’s pretty cool, unfortunately I’m not a DIY person. Fortunately, however, the tick sound is back on its own! Hoping it stays that way!
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 02:11   #667
BHPian

Hey guys,

There's a strange rumbling/drumming sound I hear from the right rear of my Vento while driving. Sounds like a loose but heavy object tossing up and down in the boot area. I'm sure it isn't from inside the cabin, so I emptied the boot completely and drove the car, the noise was still present.

I checked for any loose objects in the cabin and the boot, but found nothing. Any idea what this could be? Could it be worn out shocks/springs? The car has done just 31,000 clicks.

Last edited by DeKay : 11th October 2020 at 02:14.
Old 11th October 2020, 05:45   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea what this could be? Could it be worn out shocks/springs?
How old is the car?

Check for any suspension rubber bushings which have cracked. Alternatively, it could be a bad wheel bearing if the sound gets louder with speed.
Old 11th October 2020, 15:04   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
How old is the car?

Check for any suspension rubber bushings which have cracked. Alternatively, it could be a bad wheel bearing if the sound gets louder with speed.
The car is just a little over 4 years old.
The sound doesn’t get louder with speed, it’s constant
Thank you! I’ll get it checked at a local garage ASAP

Last edited by DeKay : 11th October 2020 at 15:09.
DeKay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 14:10   #670
BHPian

Finally, managed to take some photos with the new camera last Wednesday.
Nikon D600 + 50mm F1.8D

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-dsc_4135.jpg

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-dsc_4142.jpg

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-dsc_4147.jpg

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-dsc_4157.jpg

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-dsc_4162.jpg

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-dsc_4165.jpg
vredesbyrd is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 16:11   #671
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post

Attachment 2219396
Hey man. Cool pics.

Does the Chevy Beat like console above the instrument console serve any additional purpose? Aesthetically, it looks cool.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 16:58   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Does the Chevy Beat like console above the instrument console serve any additional purpose? Aesthetically, it looks cool.
Thanks. Mostly aesthetics per se in my case. Acting like a Need For Speed style gauge but it does display a lot of information like battery voltage, fuel-air ratio, mileage, directions and GPS coordinates and a lot more. Primarily it helps show RPM and speed when I take videos with the camera mount.

One of the major attractions is the turbo boost gauge. It goes up and down and shows the boost pressure. It is an unnecessary addition for cars with fancy digital instrument cluster. But for something with a basic display like a Polo or a Vento or a vehicle that doesn't like to show you the RPM all the time (Endeavour), it is handy and looks really cool.

Name:  ezgif.comgifmaker.gif
Views: 277
Size:  4.50 MB
vredesbyrd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 10:26   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nikon D600 + 50mm F1.8D
The pics look good with your DSLR - especially the one with the devil DRLs .

I have also recently plonked some money into an entry-level DSLR, currently trying to get a hang of it.
Maybe I will learn a tip or two from how you do it , please do keep posting some more day-time compositions as well
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 11:40   #674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Mostly aesthetics per se in my case. Acting like a Need For Speed style gauge but it does display a lot of information like battery voltage, fuel-air ratio, mileage, directions and GPS coordinates and a lot more. Primarily it helps show RPM and speed when I take videos with the camera mount.
Nice, does this plug into OBD port and also if you can share the link, that will be great.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 13:50   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
The pics look good with your DSLR - especially the one with the devil DRLs .

I have also recently plonked some money into an entry-level DSLR, currently trying to get a hang of it.
Maybe I will learn a tip or two from how you do it , please do keep posting some more day-time compositions as well
Thank you! Happy to help any time. I'm sure you'll be up to speed in no time. All you need is imagination and some physics. Hardware will help you push the limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Nice, does this plug into OBD port and also if you can share the link, that will be great.
Thanks! Yes, it's OBD2 plug and play.
This is the one that I bought from Amazon Japan:

Malovsa 2021 Head Up Display, Speedometer, 3 Screens, OBD+GPS, State-of-the-art Function, Fault Diagnosis, Warning Function, Improved Display, Japanese Instruction Manual Included (English Language Not Guaranteed) https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08TTY45...MKEE972FJMXMVZ

Single screen alternative on Amazon India:
Car HUD Display, OBDⅡ+ Smart au e Hi h Definition Speedometer Car Dia nostic Tool OBD Fault Code Eli Nation Safe Drivin Computer Overspeed Fault Alarm for All Vehicles https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09B34WZ78/...B4PANVFNDASMMC
vredesbyrd is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed