Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2015, 19:26   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade007 View Post

Does the 1.5 tdi manual lose out on driving pleasure as compared to the discontinued 1.6 tdi manual?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post

We can say it has lost the outright punch that 1.6 used to give but is more drivable in city. Those who have driven the 1.6 versions will be able to tell the difference of state of engine.

I have owned 1.6 GT TDi for a year now and have had couple of opportunities to drive the 1.5 GT TDi. So fireblade007, I think sunilsoft is spot on about the difference.

My observations on the difference b/w 1.6 GT and the 1.5 GT TDi:

- The sudden rush and 'Pinned to the seat' feeling that the 1.6 GT has at around 2k RPM seems to be a lot more tamed. It is almost a replica of how the old Swift DDIS engine felt over the re-tuned DDIS engine on the facelift Swift.

- The 1.5 GT is no slouch and is really quick. Its only when you drive it back to back with a 1.6 GT does the 'Madness' of the later become more apparent.

- The 1.6 GT sounds quite bad at idle while the 1.5 GT is way more acceptable. However, the 1.6 GT sounds really sweet as the revs build. I have not had an opportunity to rev 1.5 GT but I feel it may probably feel very refined higher up the revs.

I got to drive the Rapid DSG TDI recently and I felt this gearbox works best on a TSI engine. I only hope VW have addressed most if not all niggles that was reported by the old Vento users.

At least, Vento looks its price now with the Facelift.

Last edited by Samurai : 6th June 2015 at 23:28. Reason: 2 smiley limit
Old 6th June 2015, 23:08   #107
BHPian

Confirmed launch on 23rd June, car should be available for test drive from the same day. I was also told that they expect the price of the top end trim is expected to go up by up to 30k.
Bhodrolok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 12:21   #108
Senior - BHPian

Overall looks like a pretty good minor update to the existing ageing version. Somehow being subtle is VW forte. The car looks very mature and clean in latest avtaar. I love the rear tail lamp designs from VW, certainly make the car stand apart in crowd. Dunno about in person, but in pic it certainly looks bigger than it really is.

I had driven the 1.5TDI engine on a rapid recently and had come back disappointed though. The engine felt under powered to me. Maybe it was too linear in response. Sound wise it was well refined.
Old 8th June 2015, 12:38   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Confirmed launch on 23rd June, car should be available for test drive from the same day. I was also told that they expect the price of the top end trim is expected to go up by up to 30k.
Unlike the last facelift, looks like VW has cleared off the inventory of the current Vento ( ~33 units sold in May)and all is set for the face lift launch.
Old 8th June 2015, 21:31   #110
BHPian

Small correction, it's not the number of units sold but the number of units dispatched. Ironic as you would think that they would have cleared old stock.

Does this mean we won't get any clearance sales or bargains on the pre-facelift versions?

Also volkman, gannu, mods, I posted a Vento related thread on What Car? Your comments are awaited.
Old 8th June 2015, 22:35   #111
BHPian

I checked with Bangalore dealers and the only offer is 45k cash discount , 30k exchange and 20k loyalty bonus. VW had published an advertisement in an english daily titled "steal a deal" with benefits upto Rs 100000.

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-06_06_2015_003_027.jpg

Most of the cars available under this scheme were highline and there is no discount on DSG variant. Sales advisor was talking about 2014 make TSI with 1 lacs discount. I believe another member in the forum had seen this car and decided against buying old car lying in stockyard from past 6 months.

Ques: Has anyone sold their old vehicle to VW Bangalore and availed exchange bonus?

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 8th June 2015 at 22:47. Reason: added TOI add "steal a deal"
Old 9th June 2015, 19:03   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Ques: Has anyone sold their old vehicle to VW Bangalore and availed exchange bonus?

Regards.
When I was buying my vento in 2013 Nov, I had tried the option of selling my existing car ( 3.5 year old 44k run 2nd owner SX4 ZXi). They quoted a ridiculous price of 2.4 lakhs ( VW Whitefield). I was able to sell the same car by myself for close to 4L.

So the price they offer ( including exchange bonus) will definitely be lower than what you can get if you try to sell it yourself. If it a VW car, the price may be better, but would still be a loss.

Of course, selling to the dealer avoids all the hassles and helps ensure a smooth transition to the new car specially with respect to the finances.

So if the deal is decent, no harm considering. Write off the loss against the effort you would have to spend for selling it by yourself.
Old 11th June 2015, 14:33   #113
BHPian

Hello Gurus,

Is anyone aware if the Vento Magnific's features, (especially interested in the Blaupunkt touchscreen system with SatNav) would be available as an option in the new Vento? It could be a deal breaker for me.

Thanks.
Old 11th June 2015, 14:59   #114
BHPian

As far as I know after my discussions with the sales rep here, these addons are only available for the 2013 Magnific versions and not even for 2014 stock. So I don't expect it to be available for the facelift. It was a means to clear off 2013 stock
Old 11th June 2015, 15:07   #115
BHPian

Not on the standard (HL & CL) versions. you have to wait for the Magnific for this year. Of course the HU can be easily upgraded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post

Is anyone aware if the Vento Magnific's features, (especially interested in the Blaupunkt touchscreen system with SatNav) would be available as an option in the new Vento? It could be a deal breaker for me.

Thanks.
Bhodrolok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 23:23   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Most of the cars available under this scheme were highline and there is no discount on DSG variant. Sales advisor was talking about 2014 make TSI with 1 lacs discount.
The VW workshop at Gurgaon has a bunch of Lakeside alloy wheels (the ones that came in the Vento previous to the 2014 update) in stock, and apparently they're for Trendline / Comfortline variants, as a way to clear stock. So, something you may want to check.

On the subject of the TSI, 6 months is not too old, and can't cause any damage to the car. Worst case, the suspension may be damaged if the car has been placed on an irregular surface, but that is easy to track, and will be replaced under warranty (suspension warranty is 10,000km). In fact, you can check it and have it replaced before you pay for the car.
Old 17th June 2015, 03:52   #117
BHPian

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Having owned and enjoyed a '13 Highline 1.6 TDI, I can at least vouch that one does NOT buy a VW expecting fancy updates. The sheer joy of driving this torque monster is incomparable, at least in the Indian market.

I don't really care about small goodies; as I appreciate the classy (old school?) looks.

Last edited by troublemaker : 17th June 2015 at 04:14.
troublemaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 09:45   #118
BHPian

I am seriously considering the Vento TSI Highline. The VW dealer in Kolkata is offering a cash discount of approximately 60k for the existing stock (11.8L on road price would become 11.2L), and the colors available are fine with me. The newer Vento that is about to be launched in a few days would probably cost more than 12L, though it is really anybody's guess now. The newer Vento has only the following changes:

1. Looks
2. Cruise control
3. Electrically foldable ORVM (the only feature I think I would love).

I have gone through the thread on VIN decoder, and I will ask them to provide me the chassis number of the existing stock. If more than 3 months old, it should be a no. But if say 2 months old (April 2015), should I go for it, or pay about 80k-1L more for the newer version? Confused!
Old 19th June 2015, 13:20   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb_majumdar View Post
1. Looks
2. Cruise control
3. Electrically foldable ORVM (the only feature I think I would love).
I dont think 60K justifies it, not just electric foldable ORVMs, but the cruise control coupled with AT is going to be a boon to have.

And the negative feedback about the looks, is mostly addressed now. Earlier how you cant differentiate between the Polo and the Vento, the much better looking tail lights, more importantly the Jetta-styled, VW-design new grille, I would say have a look at the new pricing before finalizing an old stock.

Looking at the May 2015 statistics that there were only 33 Vento dispatches from the factory, I dont consider your chances bright on laying hands on something worthwhile. But lets check the stock first!
Old 19th June 2015, 16:26   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyjee View Post
I dont think 60K justifies it, not just electric foldable ORVMs, but the cruise control coupled with AT is going to be a boon to have.

And the negative feedback about the looks, is mostly addressed now. Earlier how you cant differentiate between the Polo and the Vento, the much better looking tail lights, more importantly the Jetta-styled, VW-design new grille, I would say have a look at the new pricing before finalizing an old stock.

Looking at the May 2015 statistics that there were only 33 Vento dispatches from the factory, I dont consider your chances bright on laying hands on something worthwhile. But lets check the stock first!

Thank you. I asked for the chassis number and did a VIN check. It is a March 2015 car. I have cruise control in my Cruze AT, I have used it, but it is not so important, except that after many years it may fetch me a few extra bucks of resale value. The foldable ORVM is important. I also agree with you, the looks of the facelift are better.

Yes, if the discount is 1-1.5 lakhs, I may think of picking up that March car, but I will not have any regrets buying the newer car with no discounts.

Most Viewed