Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2015, 11:49   #61
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Exactly... considering my general aversion to chrome, Comfortline looks to be a good option. However other than the steering controls & leatherette seats what other major feature would I be missing out on? Also I don't see cruise control in the list of features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The Comfortline seems well loaded. Apart from the Chrome on everything, also misses out on steering controls.
Old 4th June 2015, 11:52   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Can someone point out where is the Cruise Control option mentioned in the brochure? I checked the standard features in the website but couldn't find it in there no matter what variant I selected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Also I don't see cruise control in the list of features
It's there in the brochure, under "Functional Features."

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-untitled.gif
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 11:58   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly... considering my general aversion to chrome, Comfortline looks to be a good option. However other than the steering controls & leatherette seats what other major feature would I be missing out on?
Alloy wheels too, I suppose. EDIT: though may not be a major feature

Last edited by nma83 : 4th June 2015 at 11:59. Reason: added
Old 4th June 2015, 11:58   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly... considering my general aversion to chrome, Comfortline looks to be a good option. However other than the steering controls & leatherette seats what other major feature would I be missing out on? Also I don't see cruise control in the list of features
Here's what I can see missing in Comfortline
  • Most of the chrome bits
  • Leatherette Covering
  • Steering Controls
  • Bluetooth
  • Electrically Foldable ORVM
  • Alloy Wheels
  • Brushed Aluminium on Console
Old 4th June 2015, 12:29   #65
BHPian

My friend who took the delivery of his black Highline TDI DSG on the 2nd of May has reported a mileage of appx 15 kmpl for combined driving cycle of 60 % highway and 40 % city with the tankful method.His odo reads as of today 2145 Kms.

Now that doesnt seem to high to me and knowing that he is not a spirited driver as well.

With increased fuel economy of the TSI (18.19 kmpl) there is a difference of about 3 kmpl between TSI and TDI .With almost 2 lacs difference in on road price of Highline variant of both models and considering a monthly running of 1500 km,doesnt it make sense to go for TSI over TDI? Also can anyone predict the resale of TSI and TDI 5 years down the line?

Mods hope i am asking the question in the right thread,if not please feel free to edit/delete post.

Thanks.

Last edited by rosaf : 4th June 2015 at 12:34. Reason: Recomposing of my query in third paragraph
Old 4th June 2015, 13:11   #66
BHPian

Refreshed Vento looks royal and classy in the new Titanium Beige color. VW has also given it a lot of new features and this refresh makes Vento a wonderful proposition. How I wish I could change my impression about the reliability of DSG - I am still too skeptical about the DSG. I was getting slightly less skeptical recently and boom a couple of posts talking about DSG failure. At least VW can think of giving a 10 year warranty on the box and more people (like me) will be more confident with the box. Another major issue for me is the huge hump on the rear which makes the 5th passenger at-most unwelcome. Since these are FWD cars, it is not a transmission hump. Isn't there a design correction possible to remove the hump??

Really appreciate the fact that VW has taken the facelift pretty seriously and has given features like Cruise Control and not just a cosmetic upgrade.

Last edited by Vigkey : 4th June 2015 at 13:14.
Old 4th June 2015, 13:54   #67
BHPian

The ones in bold is what I would miss... also the black interiors on the Comfortline is an added attraction. Why couldn't VW make the copious amount of chrome an option!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Here's what I can see missing in Comfortline
  • Most of the chrome bits
  • Leatherette Covering
    Steering Controls
    Bluetooth
    Electrically Foldable ORVM
  • Alloy Wheels
  • Brushed Aluminium on Console
Old 4th June 2015, 14:07   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
My friend who took the delivery of his black Highline TDI DSG on the 2nd of May has reported a mileage of appx 15 kmpl for combined driving cycle of 60 % highway and 40 % city with the tankful method.His odo reads as of today 2145 Kms.

Now that doesnt seem to high to me and knowing that he is not a spirited driver as well.

With increased fuel economy of the TSI (18.19 kmpl) there is a difference of about 3 kmpl between TSI and TDI .With almost 2 lacs difference in on road price of Highline variant of both models and considering a monthly running of 1500 km,doesnt it make sense to go for TSI over TDI? Also can anyone predict the resale of TSI and TDI 5 years down the line?
Thanks.
With a similar kind of usage, the TSI would give between 11-12. I assume the TDI mileage will also increase further. I guess with your usage, you are on the border between Petrol and diesel. There is a link a few posts earlier that will help in calculations.

Based on current perceptions, I would expect resale for both to be poor. Being VW cars and being out of warranty and having the DSG that is known to be problematic. Between the 2 the diesel will hold resale better.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 14:59   #69
Senior - BHPian

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it but the Comfortline variant is also available with DSG and not just Highline.

That makes the deal sweet because the Comfortline will get DSG, cruise control and black interiors! Not a fan of black and desert(supposedly) beige. Still they should offer alloys too on the Comfortline variant. It will be a proper workhorse, but sans creature comforts like MFSW and bluetooth audio/telephone connectivity.
Old 4th June 2015, 16:33   #70
BHPian

VW is one of the manufacturer whose facelifts are definitely better than the existing ones. After Polo its Vento's turn. Neat & crisp job carried by VW. Hope the sales number justify the product in this tough competetion, would anyday pick a Vento over Rapid/Ciaz for the brilliant quality of VW that is leaps ahead of Maruti.

Last edited by ampere : 4th June 2015 at 16:35. Reason: formatted post
Old 4th June 2015, 17:35   #71
BHPian

The new Vento has seriously gotten most of us thinking... I am waiting to get my hands on a test drive!!

1. I guess it has been thought of and considered by many, but with the facelift, DSG reliability, VW's slightly expensive sales and service etc. what would you guys now recommend?

TDI DSG vs City VX CVT?

And if looking at suggestions in the thread, around monthly drives, the on road price difference, same power and almost same or perceived similar torques, we are suggesting to look at TSI and not the TDI DSG, then which one is better?

TSI or City CVT VX?

2. I read somewhere in the threads that the DSG issues are now sorted out by changing the oil used (mineral?) and someone stated that its anyway not an issue with the 175Nm of TSI, but what about its limit of 250Nm with the TDI DSG? Is that still a concern?

Would that also tilt the decision towards the TSI?

Last edited by rockyjee : 4th June 2015 at 18:03. Reason: typos fixed
Old 4th June 2015, 18:26   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyjee View Post
TTDI DSG vs City VX CVT?
2.TSI or City CVT VX?
If you have considerable km/month to be covered and highway driving then sure it is the TDI DSG and if your drive is in city then TSI is best suited.

Either way Vento TSI/TDI DSG is far more superior than City in Build and Ride quality.
Old 4th June 2015, 18:49   #73
BHPian

+1 Also the TSI DSG is more than a lakh less than the City VX CVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Either way Vento TSI/TDI DSG is far more superior than City in Build and Ride quality.
Old 4th June 2015, 19:18   #74
BHPian

Titanium Beige looks very bright, especially in bright light (most of India is sunny on most of the days). With all the chrome and a gold like color, I felt the car looks more novelty than the subtle stature it had before. Static cornering is something that I did not expect, was it mentioned before? I can't recall. One complaint I had with the Vento was the visibility in the night and in ghat sections of South India. The extra beam headlights and the static cornering helps improve on that to an extent. The bulbs luminosity is moderate, the lower beam (the most used one) could have been 50% brighter.
Old 4th June 2015, 19:27   #75
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento facelift details out

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

Fuel efficiency goes up across all variants:
1.6 MPI: 16.09 km/l (from 15.04 km/l)
1.2 TSI: 18.19 km/l (from 16.93 km/l)
1.5 MT: 20.4 km/l (from 20.34 km/l)
1.5 DSG: 21.50 km/l (from 21.21 km/l)

Link to News Article
What is the reason why the fuel efficiency has increased in the facelift?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks