Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2015, 17:04   #361
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Booked the Vento HL TSI yesterday, Moving from Honda City, i will definitely miss the more space in City and personally i thought that city iVtec is still one of the best looking sedan(definitely better then its current facelift too)

Still deciding the color, has to be Toffe Brown or The Biege.
Given the current situation with VW, it would be interesting to know the discounts on offer. Also, looking forward to your ownership report, especially the comparison between the iVtec and the TSi.

Cheers,
Su-47.
Old 18th November 2015, 17:36   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Given the current situation with VW, it would be interesting to know the discounts on offer.
Only the insurance is free on the DSG models. There is a dip of 30% in the Vento sales. Jetta bookings have come down significantly.
man_and_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 18:53   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Given the current situation with VW, it would be interesting to know the discounts on offer. Also, looking forward to your ownership report, especially the comparison between the iVtec and the TSi.

Cheers,
Su-47.
The sales have taken a hit for sure, but that does not take away the fact that the car is still super amazing to drive. I have finally got a cash discount of 30k with couple of accessories. My company will do the insurance.

Comparing to city I will need a longer drive to judge, but of few test drives I had I found the auto much more convenient and a good engine.

Between TDI and TSI, tsi is much more fun. Also the diesel gate would definitely take its toll, but I want a car which puts a smile to my fave. Let VW fight their legal battles, they should recover in sometime they will recover in sometime. I do not buy my car with resale in mind but amount of fun, and in automatic no car beats the Polo gt tsi and vento comes a close second in this price range IMO

Last edited by AtheK : 18th November 2015 at 19:01.
Old 20th November 2015, 17:59   #364
BHPian

Looks like Skoda runs away with getting more features sooner than the Vento. In the new variant launched today Skoda Rapid has automatic wipers, auto dimming mirrors. Vento really need to pick these plus the auto headlights, projector headlamps and DRLs probably in top spec. Plus a modern infotainment system.

Every few months VW and Skoda are sprinkling some new features and trying to keep the sales up. Its a bit annoying that these are not offered as optional features for people to pick and choose when they book the car.

Also on another note, has the VW Vento suspension improved than before? Over 3 years I find that Vento suspension is not a big leap over Ford fiesta (classic). At high speeds I still find the fiesta suspension to be superior and keeps the car more stable and planted with minimal body movement. Any views?
Old 25th November 2015, 16:17   #365
BHPian

Hi,

I am planing to install aux light since I can keep wiring of aux light independent of other electrical components and looking at following options

Hella FF 50 (approx 10k)
Pros: Light weight, inconspicuous, some TBHP members have shared good feedback about this
Cons: cost, H7 bulbs of higher wattage are not easily available

Hella FF 75 (not available here)
pros and cons would be similar to FF 50

Lightforce 170 Striker (approx 26k)
Pros: range and light throw, wattage
Cons: size, cost

I am planing to install these on my own since price quoted for installation by one shop was very high (around 3k). If I go with Hella I can install those on the bumper grill (next to fog lamp) but for Lightforce I will have to fabricate a steel clamp.

Has anyone else done something similar to this in polo/vento and if so could you please share your experience with these lights.

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-vento.jpg

Note: I have edited image from the same thread and size of actual lights might vary.

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 25th November 2015 at 16:19.
Old 25th November 2015, 23:38   #366
BHPian

Volkswagen outlines plan for fixing four-cylinder diesels in Europe

http://www.cnet.com/news/volkswagen-...els-in-europe/

The Indian cars have the Euro spec, assume the same applies here too.
Old 27th November 2015, 00:26   #367
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I am thinking of purchasing the Vento Petrol Highline(Carbon Steel) in the next few days.

Any idea what kind of discounts are going on for VW right now ?

I would have a fair idea about how much I can make the dealer go till I close the deal.

Thanks!
Old 27th November 2015, 09:40   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
Hello Guys,

I am thinking of purchasing the Vento Petrol Highline(Carbon Steel) in the next few days.

I would have a fair idea about how much I can make the dealer go till I close the deal.

Thanks!
Would recommend going for the Vento Highline Plus, For about ~30,000 extra you get quite a bit of stuff including the AVN System and detachable blinds. As per the website there is a finance@9.75% + Free Insurance offer + Exchange Loyalty Bonus.

Vento Petrol Manual Transmission is not a great seller, so you should be able to negotiate a little more on top of the above.
Old 27th November 2015, 10:16   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

Thanks!
Any particular reason why you're going for a Vento petrol? It's usually a rare find and it hardly moves. Unless it's a TSI.

Last edited by Turbohead : 27th November 2015 at 10:26.
Old 27th November 2015, 12:59   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Any particular reason why you're going for a Vento petrol? It's usually a rare find and it hardly moves. Unless it's a TSI.
I drive the new I20 right now, and when I took the TD of the Vento, I really liked the dynamics, the build quality and driving pleasure as compared to Verna/Ciaz.

And petrol since, my daily commute is hardly 30 Odd KM, this will be the third car in the family of five people.

Would you rather suggest any other car that I should opt for ?
Old 27th November 2015, 13:10   #371
BHPian

Quote:

I have the 2014 vento petrol highline. Its a pretty nice car, no issues so far, at 18k kms and almost 2 years. But, do try out the tsi automatic variant also. The engine is much more superior, and the gearbox is really nice.
I may differ from the general consensus, but i prefer the vento petrol 1.6, to the honda city ivtec 1.5 in bumper to bumper traffic (P.S, i have both the cars to compare). The ivtec is absolutely dead, wakes up only after 3k. The vento is still driveable lower down the rev count, atleast compared to the city.
Old 27th November 2015, 13:15   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I drive the new I20 right now, and when I took the TD of the Vento, I really liked the dynamics, the build quality and driving pleasure as compared to Verna/Ciaz.

And petrol since, my daily commute is hardly 30 Odd KM, this will be the third car in the family of five people.

Do take a look at the Honda City and the Fiat Linea TJet before finalising on the Vento, ie if you haven't driven them yet. And yes, the Fiat isn't very popular either. But looks like that doesn't seem to bother you. Happy car shopping!!
Old 27th November 2015, 13:56   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Do take a test drive of Fiat Linea T Jet. Awesome build quality, very smooth and refined power delivery and more specious than Vento. And yes, Linea will be lighter on your pocket too as compared to Vento.

I went through this process few months back and Vento and Linea were the last two competitors. Very neck to neck, I must admit. I found Vento to be better in diesel and Linea in petrol. However, I found Linea to be a much better deal in every sense and Yes, Linea completely won me over in looks department.
Old 30th November 2015, 10:45   #374
BHPian

With all the problems going on with VW right now, I think this is the best time to buy a VW from the discount perspective.

I read somewhere that dealers are facing increasingly odd questions from prospective buyers over the past few weeks and also the inflow of buyers at VW showrooms has reduced drastically.

What do you think guys ?
Old 30th November 2015, 10:49   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With all the problems going on with VW right now, I think this is the best time to buy a VW from the discount perspective.
Today VW India( includes all brands with VAG) is expected to reveal the diesels affected and their action plan.

Don't think the sales are affected here due to the scandal.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed