Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2016, 09:37   #526
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

VW Salem is providing Zero % scheme OR 1 lakh discount for pre-facelift manual highline diesel 2016 model. They also have Nov 2015 model where they offered 1.35 Lakhs discount.

Is this a good buy? This is for my cousin who wants a diesel sedan.
Old 16th November 2016, 11:12   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Hi,

I might purchase a 1 year old Vento TSI that has extended warranty purchased by the first owner. I want to know if the warranty gets transferred to me along with the car automatically or will I have to register myself with VW India? (I've never purchased a pre owned car before, hence the doubt)
I've recent personal experience of ownership transfer.
As mentioned above, warranty applies to a vehicle and not to the owner. BUT in the case of claim / replacement, they will ask for owner's documents.
In order to handle such situation in future, you need to update your name, address etc. with VW.
Also confirm once with service guys about warranty before buying.
I had to update my data with Tata Motors.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 15:47   #528
BHPian

Yesterday, I test drove the New Rapid and the sales representative confirmed that New Vento will be released in a couple of months with Reversing Camera, Navigation, and LED.
New Vento will obviously be pricier than Rapid (spec-to-spec).

After understanding all infotainment systems of VW, it is safe to say if the system gets Navigation, it should also get CarPlay and Android Auto.

Michael Mayer, if you are listening to us - we need CarPlay on Vento's next update, please. Charge us premium for it, but make the car complete before March 2017.
We implore you.

Last edited by ashishskapoor : 20th November 2016 at 16:06.
Old 20th November 2016, 16:00   #529
Senior - BHPian

Current Vento already comes with Carplay and Android Auto. Correct me if I am wrong, the Rapid and Vento have identical units only the Rapid's is a RCD 330G plus model with bigger screen. Same case with Ameo, but Ameo also gets RVC.
Old 20th November 2016, 16:05   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Current Vento already comes with Carplay and Android Auto. Correct me if I am wrong, the Rapid and Vento have identical units only the Rapid's is a RCD 330G plus model with bigger screen. Same case with Ameo, but Ameo also gets RVC.
Nope, none of these cars have CarPlay or Android Auto. They only have MirrorLink functionality - which is limited to select android phones.
The purpose of Smartlink/App-Connect is very different from MirrorLink.
I really hope we get CarPlay on the Vento. Have been looking forward to it for soo long .

Last edited by ashishskapoor : 20th November 2016 at 16:07.
ashishskapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 11:39   #531
BHPian

Finally after weighing all the options, test drives, mind vs heart battles, lots of reading and watching lots of reviews I finally got my German baby home. A big thanks to Team-bhp for their help and support on all the queries. I hereby present to you all My Volkswagen Vento TSI Highline.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-1479967722540.jpg  

lHarpreetl is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 11:52   #532
BHPian

Congrats Harpreet! The car looks awesome in the blue color.

If possible, please provide the break-up and on-road price.

Wishing you many miles of trouble-free motoring. As an owner of the 1st gen Vento, I can tell you that once you're on a highway, you'll be grinning ear to ear every time you push the throttle.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 11:54   #533
BHPian

Welcome to the club. I have done just over 7500 Kms on my 10 month old Toffee brown TSI highline and even now, the drive brings a smile to my face. The car is an absolute delight to drive thanks to the DSG with the TSI engine . All I can suggest to you is to take an extended warranty, if you have not done it already. Enjoy many years of happy driving.
premc44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 12:19   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Congrats Harpreet! The car looks awesome in the blue color.

If possible, please provide the break-up and on-road price.

Wishing you many miles of trouble-free motoring. As an owner of the 1st gen Vento, I can tell you that once you're on a highway, you'll be grinning ear to ear every time you push the throttle.
Thanks Mad Max . Here is the breakup
Exshowroom - 1110181
RTO - 113789
Handling Charges - 6900
TCS - 11102
Extended Warranty - 17969(total 4 Years now)
Insurance 0 Dep - 26k (not from VW - Including NCB 45% , VW Quotation was 55k saved 29K approx)
Total 1285941
Discounts - 50K plus Corporate 7k
Onroad - 12.28

Quote:
Originally Posted by premc44 View Post
Welcome to the club. I have done just over 7500 Kms on my 10 month old Toffee brown TSI highline and even now, the drive brings a smile to my face. The car is an absolute delight to drive thanks to the DSG with the TSI engine . All I can suggest to you is to take an extended warranty, if you have not done it already. Enjoy many years of happy driving.
Thanks Premc44 , i was also eyeing toffee brown before i saw this new colour and decided to go with it and yes it does brings a smile on your face . Cant wait for the run-in period to be over
Old 24th November 2016, 13:55   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lHarpreetl View Post

Finally after weighing all the options, test drives, mind vs heart battles, lots of reading and watching lots of reviews I hereby present to you all My Volkswagen Vento TSI Highline.
Congrats lHarpreetl on your latest acquisition

That slightly different bumper and grill up ahead (compared to Ameo/Polo), Vento really looks like Jetta in that shade buddy.

Now all that is there for you to do is enjoy every drive in your German stead and pen down an ownership review at the earliest

Wish you a happy motoring and drive safe.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 14:04   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats lHarpreetl on your latest acquisition

That slightly different bumper and grill up ahead (compared to Ameo/Polo), Vento really looks like Jetta in that shade buddy.

Now all that is there for you to do is enjoy every drive in your German stead and pen down an ownership review at the earliest

Wish you a happy motoring and drive safe.
Thank you Mate , i am already finding out reasons to take her out for a spin. I agree after all the hard work for finding the car that suits me its time to enjoy it to the fullest. Will soon start my ownership thread if I get time because in my free time i will prefer a steering in my hand than a laptop . With that being said ownership thread is high on my list . Will keep you guys posted.
Old 24th November 2016, 14:26   #537
BHPian

With low sun directly infront of you in the morning or afternoon, there is a lot of dashboard top reflection on the front windscreen. This affects clarity of vision ahead. Is there any custom made for Vento black fabric, leather or thin rubber sheet which can be placed on top of the dash board? Any material which totally adsorbs incident light should work.
Old 24th November 2016, 17:28   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
With low sun directly infront of you in the morning or afternoon, there is a lot of dashboard top reflection on the front windscreen.
Hi,

I am facing same issue during early morning drive. Something similar is available on Aliexpress however I am not sure about quality.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/XUKE...308.4.2.LfqWI6

Regards.
Old 24th November 2016, 17:38   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
With low sun directly infront of you in the morning or afternoon, there is a lot of dashboard top reflection on the front windscreen. This affects clarity of vision ahead. Is there any custom made for Vento black fabric, leather or thin rubber sheet which can be placed on top of the dash board? Any material which totally adsorbs incident light should work.
You can cover the dashboard, or you can cover your eyes. I wear polarized sunglasses when I am driving during the day, and that takes care of the very irritating reflection.
Old 24th November 2016, 18:13   #540
BHPian

Thanks for the responses
Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
I am facing same issue during early morning drive. Something similar is available on Aliexpress however I am not sure about quality.
It will serve the purpose but looks awful. It is required only on the top surface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
You can cover the dashboard, or you can cover your eyes. I wear polarized sunglasses when I am driving during the day, and that takes care of the very irritating reflection.
I wear prescription glasses, so that rules out Polaroid sunglasses. If clip on Polaroid glass is available, it could work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks