Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2019, 11:07   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Based on ownership reviews here and offline, the water pump failures are much less in the Vento and Rapid diesel engines. The unit is exactly the same across all the variants. Maybe the larger 2.0L engines need a pump with better specs?
Possible !! I wonder what stops VW from developing a fail safe water pump. I feel VW always ignores issues and fix them in warranty or ask customers to pay for their incompetency. May be designing a new pump would cost more than this recurring warranty costs
Old 14th March 2019, 16:15   #632
BHPian

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Hi guys! I own a Vento 1.6 MPI of Dec 2013 manufacturing date. Today, when after the service, I was checking the car at home, I found this trim piece from the armrest cracked. I don't want to go all the way to the ASC just for this one part so I was looking for a new one online. Boodmo doesn't have that part as of now.

So are there any websites online which can supply me the part? Part number is 6RF.864.209.G11

It is manufactured by ABS India from the looks of it.

Have attached the pics of the parts below
2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-img_20190314_153916.jpg

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-img_20190314_155515.jpg

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-img_20190314_161442.jpg
Thanks a lot!
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 17:08   #633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
Hi guys! I own a Vento 1.6 MPI of Dec 2013 manufacturing date. Today, when after the service, I was checking the car at home, I found this trim piece from the armrest cracked. I don't want to go all the way to the ASC just for this one part so I was looking for a new one online. Boodmo doesn't have that part as of now.
Don't have an answer to your actual question, but this broke off in my Vento also years back (Incidentally a Nov 2013 Model). Never bother to replace it as Service guys said the whole arm rest needs to be replaced.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 17:51   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys! I own a Vento 1.6 MPI of Dec 2013 manufacturing date. Today, when after the service, I was checking the car at home, I found this trim piece from the armrest cracked.

Hi,

Did someone try to open it forcefully from side using screwdriver? This past came off in my car as well, managed to put it back.
Since this part is not visible you may want to ignore this.

Regards.
Old 14th March 2019, 18:59   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Don't have an answer to your actual question, but this broke off in my Vento also years back (Incidentally a Nov 2013 Model). Never bother to replace it as Service guys said the whole arm rest needs to be replaced.
The ASC here has been quite lazy with the issue. They don't fix it nor ask us for an armrest replacement
Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

Did someone try to open it forcefully from side using screwdriver? This past came off in my car as well, managed to put it back.
Since this part is not visible you may want to ignore this.

Regards.
Nope. It is not visible but it hinders the functioning of the armrest which is why I want to replace it.

Cheers!
Old 14th March 2019, 19:07   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today, when after the service, I was checking the car at home, I found this trim piece from the armrest cracked. I don't want to go all the way to the ASC just for this one part so I was looking for a new one online.
IMHO, since you observed this just after bringing the car from service, you should immediately bring it to the dealer's notice. And maybe, ask them to do the replacement if you deduce if it's their transgression.

By the looks of it, the cover seems to have been pried open from the left side and then somebody "forgot" to put it back properly.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 16:37   #637
BHPian

I have a 2016 Vento with the RCD 330G Head unit, I desperately want a head unit that integrates into my dash seamlessly and gives me Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, I contacted my local VW Service station and they said they don't have any in stock.

Where can I get the head unit that comes with the 2019 Polo/Vento or something similar? (But reasonably priced ~ INR20,000) I don't want to order a head unit from Ali Express, would prefer getting something here and getting it installed locally. Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 9th November 2019, 01:23   #638
BHPian

Have a look at my video review of VW Vento TSI.

ashishskapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 17:09   #639
knp
BHPian

Friends, I have my 2015 Vento CL TDI variant and just out of my extended warranty. I gave it to a service at Germanix Inc, Bangalore, as the guy, Mr. Anup is an expert in understanding the german machines.

I was only expecting basic oil service, but to my surprise, he had found the probelms with the front shockers and also, the clutch. He had changed both (paid almost 30k for the the parts and labor). But, I still feel the cluth is very hard, and don't see any difference before it was being changed.
Also, after the suspension work, I am now feeling that light thud noise whenever I drive through small potholes, humps. So, I'm wondering whether the work was done correctly or does it takes sometime to get these set? Do I need to wait or take the vehicle back to him and re-checked?
Appreciate your inputs/suggestions.
Old 18th November 2019, 20:07   #640
BHPian

Boss, the clutch being hard right after the service seems to be an issue. However on the suspension front, did you check with service advisor which part of suspension has been replaced? Having thud noise on Vento is age old problem from the time the vehicle started selling in India in 2010, since it has a softer suspension. In fact, I am surprised that you did not hear the suspension noise till now.
Old 19th November 2019, 16:51   #641
knp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
Boss, the clutch being hard right after the service seems to be an issue. However on the suspension front, did you check with service advisor which part of suspension has been replaced? Having thud noise on Vento is age old problem from the time the vehicle started selling in India in 2010, since it has a softer suspension. In fact, I am surprised that you did not hear the suspension noise till now.
Thanks for your reply. Regarding the clutch, I left the car again and they are rechecking it. For the suspension, they had replaced the shockers from OEM as Service advisor was saying the stock shock absorbers were completely gone and in fact, the vehicle was relying on the springs. He was saying drive for few hundred KMs and see if that can improve.
Old 24th November 2019, 15:18   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Where can I get the head unit that comes with the 2019 Polo/Vento or something similar? (But reasonably priced ~ INR20,000) I don't want to order a head unit from Ali Express, would prefer getting something here and getting it installed locally. Any help would be much appreciated!
Coincidentally, I am also on the lookout for the newest version for my Vento, which I think is the RCD 340G (?).
When I checked with the dealer here in Pune (BU Bhandari), they say its available but at a godly sum of INR 43,xxx!
Not worth this price, I would think.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 23:34   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post
Have a look at my video review of VW Vento TSI.
Had seen few comments about Vento TSI struggling uphill when fully loaded.... Did you face any such issue?
vikrantshete is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 06:14   #644
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantshete View Post
Had seen few comments about Vento TSI struggling uphill when fully loaded.... Did you face any such issue?
Have never faced an issue of the tsi struggling under full load. Have driven it fully loaded on several ghat sections multiple times including my regular Kerala commute which has taken me through ghat sections.

It does become more sluggish than normal in D mode which is to be expected with load. Easy solution is to put into sports mode. Having said that, a sluggish D is still better than most.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th November 2019 at 08:21. Reason: Minor typo.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 09:53   #645
Senior - BHPian

I don't know what's the basis of the comment regarding TSI struggling under full load but I read it in a couple of different threads. Example - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedan...ml#post4694222 (Which VW Vento DSG - TDI or TSI?)

As someone rightly said in the other thread, the TSI develops a peak torque of 175 Nm at a low rpm of 1500 which is class leading. Compared to that, the City develops 145 Nm at 4600 rpm, which is supposed to be a benchmark in this class. On top of it, you have a 7speed DSG which means you can extract the full potential of the 1.2 TSI.

My Vento TSI is just 1 month old and I have not done any outstation trips yet. However, being in Hyderabad, I get lot of opportunities to test the pulling power of the car thanks to lot of steep slopes in the city. I did climb the Durga slope (people in Hyderabad will understand, for others it's like a hill climb of 1+ km with curves etc) with 4 adults + 1 kid without any issues. In fact, when I slotted it to S mode, the car just zipped through the climb and overtook lot of other cars with ease. So, I don't believe this car is going to struggle at all under full load. However, you might want to engage the Sports mode if you want to do a fast overtaking maneuver. Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks