Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2019, 22:16   #646
BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Have never faced an issue of the tsi struggling under full load. Have driven it fully loaded on several ghat sections multiple times including my regular Kerala commute which has taken me through ghat sections.

It does become more sluggish than normal in D mode which is to be expected with load. Easy solution is to put into sports mode. Having said that, a sluggish D is still better than most.
Thanks a lot Rajeevraj and adimicra... That clarifies the doubts ...
Old 26th November 2019, 17:35   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Coincidentally, I am also on the lookout for the newest version for my Vento, which I think is the RCD 340G (?).
When I checked with the dealer here in Pune (BU Bhandari), they say its available but at a godly sum of INR 43,xxx!
Not worth this price, I would think.
DM me if you're still in the market for one, I bought a new RCD 340G Plus for 28k recently. I can give you the contact of the guy who sourced it for me.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 14:43   #648
BHPian

A friend is looking to buy a German car this month. After having been impressed driving around in mine, he has finally agreed to move on from Hyundais to VW.

He has set his limit to 11.5 Lakhs and we have a difficult choice to make between Ameo Highline Plus DSG and Vento Highline Plus Diesel MT (additional 50k)

Will appreciate all of your inputs. Most times he is alone in the car and on weekends with his wife and rarely we four travel together.

Looking at the Mumbai traffic, I suggested an Ameo however it may be because I own one and quite happy with it. He has no qualms for manual as he has been driving since 2011 now.
Old 26th December 2019, 14:56   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
He has set his limit to 11.5 Lakhs and we have a difficult choice to make between Ameo Highline Plus DSG and Vento Highline Plus Diesel MT (additional 50k)
If it's just 50k, I would recommend the Vento (if he's fine with the MT and the hard clutch). You get more space and few extra features (if am correct) for that extra 50k.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 15:02   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
If it's just 50k, I would recommend the Vento (if he's fine with the MT and the hard clutch). You get more space and few extra features (if am correct) for that extra 50k.
Features are exactly the same. But with 50K lesser isnt a DSG Diesel a steal if you ignore the loss in space?

Even though he like manuals more, current Mumbai's traffic and road conditions with so many cars, bikes and pedestrians on road automatics are becoming a must.

Vento is a looker compared to Ameo and it has better road presence too.
Old 26th December 2019, 15:12   #651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Features are exactly the same. But with 50K lesser isnt a DSG Diesel a steal if you ignore the loss in space?
Check on his opinion and the priorities (space, mileage, long term reliability etc). List out what he gets for both the cars. Personally, I would go for the Vento since it's got more space and better looking (Not saying Ameo is bad ).
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 19:56   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A friend is looking to buy a German car this month. After having been impressed driving around in mine, he has finally agreed to move on from Hyundais to VW.

Will appreciate all of your inputs. Most times he is alone in the car and on weekends with his wife and rarely we four travel together.

Looking at the Mumbai traffic, I suggested an Ameo however it may be because I own one and quite happy with it. He has no qualms for manual as he has been driving since 2011 now.
This is little hard to believe.
Is it the Vento highline or highline plus?
Vento highline plus has many features not present in the Ameo highline plus like the dual LED headlights, side airbags etc. Vento highline has almost all features of the Ameo highline plus.
As per the pricelist I have, there is no highline plus variant in the Vento for the 1.5 diesel MT. The highline 1.5D MT costs 14.6L on-road in Hyderabad and the highline plus 1.5D DSG costs 17.5L onroad. So, please check the quotations once more and share if possible. Looks like your friend is getting a 3L discount which is mind-boggling

Between Vento and Ameo, it's a nobrainer. Vento, though old looks classy and understated though it might be boring to some. The Ameo is one of the worst looking cars in the market today - VW just got the compact sedan design terribly wrong. Also, Vento has much more space, road presence of a higher segment car. If your friend loves the DSG, stretch a little more to get the Vento highline DSG.

Last edited by adimicra : 1st January 2020 at 19:58.
Old 1st January 2020, 20:28   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
This is little hard to believe.
Is it the Vento highline or highline plus?
Vento highline plus has many features not present in the Ameo highline plus like the dual LED headlights, side airbags etc. Vento highline has almost all features of the Ameo highline plus.
As per the pricelist I have, there is no highline plus variant in the Vento for the 1.5 diesel MT. The highline 1.5D MT costs 14.6L on-road in Hyderabad and the highline plus 1.5D DSG costs 17.5L onroad. So, please check the quotations once more and share if possible. Looks like your friend is getting a 3L discount which is mind-boggling

Between Vento and Ameo, it's a nobrainer. Vento, though old looks classy and understated though it might be boring to some. The Ameo is one of the worst looking cars in the market today - VW just got the compact sedan design terribly wrong. Also, Vento has much more space, road presence of a higher segment car. If your friend loves the DSG, stretch a little more to get the Vento highline DSG.
It is between Ameo DSG Highline Plus DSG and Vento Highline Diesel MT.

The Vento and Ameo both are around 6 month old (as per the VIN) and the difference between the Vento Diesel MT and Diesel DSG is around 3 Lakhs whereas Ameo DSG and Vento Diesel MT is almost same.
Old 1st January 2020, 20:35   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is between Ameo DSG Highline Plus DSG and Vento Highline Diesel MT.

The Vento and Ameo both are around 6 month old (as per the VIN) and the difference between the Vento Diesel MT and Diesel DSG is around 3 Lakhs whereas Ameo DSG and Vento Diesel MT is almost same.
That clarifies, because your previous post was wrong.
Vento diesel highline MT and DSG difference is 1.5L and highline plus DSG is another 1.5L. I guess you are using highline and highline plus interchangeably leading to the confusion. Anyways, my recommendation is to stretch 1.5L and get the highline DSG (NOT the highline plus DSG).
If your friend can't stretch, then he has to figure out what compromise he is willing to make - manual transmission vs design, space, size etc. If I were in his place, I would have bough the Vento diesel MT.

Last edited by adimicra : 1st January 2020 at 20:58.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 20:39   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
That clarifies, because your previous post was wrong.
Vento diesel highline MT and DSG difference is 1.5L and highline plus DSG is another 1.5L. I guess you are using highline and highline plus interchangeably leading to the confusion. Anyways, my recommendation is to stretch 1.5L and get teh highline DSG (NOT the highline plus DSG).
If your friend can't stretch, then he has to figure out what compromise he is willing to make - manual transmission by design, space, size etc. If I were in his place, I would have bough the Vento diesel MT.
Yeah My bad. Even I had suggested to go for the Vento Diesel Highline MT. But his counter is also apt. In Mumbai, smaller cars are a boon and on top of it if the small car is automatic then it is a blessing. Parking, driving in traffic and broken twisted roads (which would need constant gear changes) scream for an automatic car.

With this need, Ameo DSG gives the best of both worlds. VW car built quality and one of the best automatics at an excellent price.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 1st January 2020 at 20:41.
Old 13th June 2020, 17:57   #656
BHPian

Hi guys,
Was driving today and was greeted by these 2 warning lights which aren't going away after restarting the car.

Is this a faulty sensor or something more sinister? Also, my car is under warranty till next month, will that take care of this?
2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_1.jpg
Old 13th June 2020, 19:05   #657
BHPian

2015 Volkswagen Vento Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Hi guys,

Was driving today and was greeted by these 2 warning lights which aren't going away after restarting the car.

Is this a faulty sensor or something more sinister? Also, my car is under warranty till next month, will that take care of this?

Attachment 2016491

I have the exact error but on my Jetta. I think it is an ABS sensor issue. I will give it to my FNG and have it checked out. Hopefully the wheel bearing is still fine otherwise it might be an expensive repair (atleast for the Jetta).
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 19:20   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I have the exact error but on my Jetta. I think it is an ABS sensor issue. I will give it to my FNG and have it checked out. Hopefully the wheel bearing is still fine otherwise it might be an expensive repair (atleast for the Jetta).
Damn it. Just the other day I was thinking about how reliable and trouble free my Vento has been for the last 4 years.
How much ₹ would a wheel bearing kit be per wheel for the Vento? And what about your Jetta?
Old 13th June 2020, 19:20   #659
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove a brand new Vento Highline today at VW Palace Cross. Excellent engine and sounds far more refined in the Vento than the Polo. VAG has a winner with this tiny 1.0 TSI.

Automatic demo cars expected only next month.
Old 13th June 2020, 20:15   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Damn it. Just the other day I was thinking about how reliable and trouble free my Vento has been for the last 4 years.

How much ₹ would a wheel bearing kit be per wheel for the Vento? And what about your Jetta?

I think the wheel bearing is around 10k and the abs sensor around 4k for the Jetta. I believe it should be a lot cheaper for the Vento since it is manufactured locally. You can check the price on boodmo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks