Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2019, 11:34   #676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Video has been removed. Do you have a downloaded copy?
Yes, I do have a downloaded copy of the video.

The video is also available in Rushlane's youtube channel. I shall provide the link below.

Last edited by ajmat : 28th July 2019 at 13:24.
Tom Sooraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 12:51   #677
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Video has been removed. Do you have a downloaded copy?
Try this link - Autotech India fb page

or here's another YouTube video ( be quick )

jailbird_fynix is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 16:33   #678
Vmv
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
Looks like there's some extensive off-road testing on Altroz. Came across these on the Auto punditz Facebook page

Attachment 1896772

Attachment 1896773
TATA have Still time to rectify,Its a pre production proto car
But we can observe panel gaps in front driver door.
Please TATA do check 100 times. It's an excellent product , proportions looks better than competition, known features are par with competition, otherwise everything
Vmv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 20:49   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sooraj View Post
Projector headlamps on lower variants will be a good deal
Definitely. Even Maruti has started to offer projectors in Baleno from Delta variant now.

However this test car, with alloy wheel at rear, appears to be a higher variant. Black bumper and steel wheel could be the result of a quick patch-up after a collision. Painted bumpers are standard in all modern cars.

Last edited by self_driven : 28th July 2019 at 20:51.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 23:14   #680
Senior - BHPian

I hope TML has worked upon the 1.2L, three cylinder, normally aspirated petrol engine which will be used as one of the engine options in the Altroz.
We have a Tiago petrol in the family, and the weakest link, in this otherwise brilliant compact car, is it's crude powertrain.

If the Tiago engine is shared with the Altroz, hope Tata Motors has worked on it to iron out the nasty vibrations, has eliminated the low end flat spots and reworked the ECU map to lower and flatten out the torque curve a bit.

If the engine tuning has not been done well, then the competition with its smooth revving, meaty powertrains; in the guise of Suzuki K series1.2L, the newly developed and punchy Ford "Dragon" petrols, the smooth Honda 1.2L VTEC in Jazz and the brilliant VW 1.2 TSi, will simply tear apart the Altroz at the stakes of performance and refinement.
Tata may have got away in the entry hatch segment with the rough & ready Tiago petrol, (as buyer expectations are not that high), but in the premium segment, it's a different ball game altogether!

Fingers & toes crossed! Let's wait and watch!!
arjab is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 08:44   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
I hope TML has worked upon the 1.2L, three cylinder, normally aspirated petrol engine which will be used as one of the engine options in the Altroz.
We have a Tiago petrol in the family, and the weakest link, in this otherwise brilliant compact car, is it's crude powertrain.
But, they do have a turbo petrol coming in with 104 horses and class leading 140 NM of torque.

I don't think the 1.2 NA 3 cyl will be a good idea. I own a 2016 Tiago petrol, since it is from the first model year, the refinement is about as good as a goods truck.

It vibrates like crazy on startup and even after warming up, everything inside the car vibrates. The engine is audible for pretty much every part of the rev range and sounds like a diesel at low revs if you listen closely. I read somewhere online that changing the air filter assembly will reduce vibrations but nothing changed. I compared that to a 2018 MY Tiago that I test drove and the difference is day and night. It doesn't vibrate nearly as much and is more refined. The gear shifts are also well defined unlike my car where i think some bubblegum is stuck inside. And after all I said, even the 2018 MY Tiago still has vibrations and is not nearly as refined as a new Santro which I recently drove.

But I wouldn't have to care too much about the petrol options since I'll go for a diesel option next, whatever the car maybe. The Nexon 1.5 in the Nexon itself, is pretty refined, tbh. I would be completely okay if it is as good as it is, in the Nexon, concerning refinement.

Last edited by SaiSW : 29th July 2019 at 08:46.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 10:14   #682
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors statement on Altroz Bookings

Last week, there were rumours in certain sections of the media suggesting that Tata Motors was planning to open bookings for the Altroz soon. However, the carmaker has now issued an official statement to clarify that these rumours are not true.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altroz.jpg

Here's what the statement says:

"In light of the recent media reports on Tata Altroz's bookings opening soon, we would like to clarify that this rumour is not true. The Company has not announced the bookings of Altroz. We would therefore urge everyone to not speculate or act on rumours and cause panic among customers."

The Tata Altroz is a premium hatchback. It is based on the ALFA platform and features Tata's Impact Design 2.0-based styling. The Altroz is expected to compete with the Maruti Baleno, Toyota Glanza, Hyundai i20 and Honda Jazz in the Indian market.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 13:13   #683
Senior - BHPian

Is TML so poor at media management that they had to issue a clarification / official statement regarding Altroz ! This should not have happened at the very first place.

Social media is difficult to manage but proper media houses (print as well as electric) do operate in a very closed / guarded environment and news / leaks are not published without blessings of higher-ups !

Offlate, Tata's have delayed a lot between showcasing the product / media drives and actual launch of the same. It takes away desirability factor from the buyers.

They should manage their home a little more seriously.
i74js is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 14:26   #684

Tata Mumbai Marathon 2020 would be lead by Altroz. Like in January 2019 this event was lead by Tata Harrier. So we should expect Altroz launch by January Next year I believe.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altroz.jpg  

saurabh_001 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 15:17   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_001 View Post
Tata Mumbai Marathon 2020 would be lead by Altroz. Like in January 2019 this event was lead by Tata Harrier. So we should expect Altroz launch by January Next year I believe.
I hope not. The have been hyping the launch for some time now and the more they keep pushing it, the more the hype loses steam.

But if they are taking time to fix any last minute niggles that they found, then that's okay.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 15:51   #686
BHPian

Quote:
I hope not. The have been hyping the launch for some time now and the more they keep pushing it, the more the hype loses steam.

But if they are taking time to fix any last minute niggles that they found, then that's okay.
I think they are taking their time and being very cautious about this launch after what has happened with the Harrier.
The fact that they are giving the Altroz the same platform as the Harrier shows how important of a launch this is for Tata Motors. I wouldn't be surprised to see this car present in every IPL game next year!

After Nexon, this can be a product that can really drive the volumes for Tata and they cannot afford issues at launch.
Shreyas_H is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 07:36   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
The fact that they are giving the Altroz the same platform as the Harrier
Altroz does not share platform with Harrier. It uses ALFA platform and Harrier uses Omega platform.
arvindmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 08:14   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
It uses ALFA platform and Harrier uses Omega platform.
Correct. Altroz will be the first vehicle to use the new ALFA platform. It is also expected to be different from the bulky, heavyweight variety of cars we've seen from Tata Motors so far.

Last edited by self_driven : 30th July 2019 at 08:15.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 08:15   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
Altroz does not share platform with Harrier. It uses ALFA platform and Harrier uses Omega platform.
Oh, let me clarify. I didn't mean the physical platform on which the car is built.

I meant it more from the point of view of the marketing and the importance being given to the car (in context of the comment above about it being showcased at the Mumbai marathon)
Shreyas_H is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 20:25   #690
BHPian

Tata Altroz Interiors Spied in New Leaked Promotional Video. 15 seconds promotional clip for the upcoming Tata Altroz that was leaked on the internet, ahead of its launch has revealed plenty about its interiors.
Source
truezealous is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks