Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2019, 09:58   #751
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

An acquaintance stumbled upon this Altroz being used for an advertisement shoot in Minsk, Belarus

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-photo20190927212448.jpg
namanski is offline   (79) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 10:37   #752
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Wow man! This makes everything in the premium hatchback segment look so outdated. The design looks fresh and out of the box unlike I20s and Balenos which to me look like copies of Merc A class.
Storm2.0 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 11:09   #753
Senior - BHPian

Tata car in an eastern european country, that too Belarus. Do they have any operation there? License plate looks like it is from some other european country.
Old 8th October 2019, 11:38   #754
NPX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Tata car in an eastern european country, that too Belarus. Do they have any operation there?
Yes, they have a test centre in UK.
https://www.tatamotors.com/press/tat...the-tata-hexa/
NPX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 14:22   #755
Senior - BHPian

Production ready model looks great ! Sedan based on this would have been great, sadly market is moving toward SUVs. Black treatment on the doors could have been avoided, but would reserve my view till I see it in flesh Proper AT box with petrol at least is a must, hope we don't get the same "AT will be launched later" story.

Good luck Tata!
giri1.8 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 20:22   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanski View Post
An acquaintance stumbled upon this Altroz being used for an advertisement shoot in Minsk, Belarus

Attachment 1921184
Is that an Indicator on the fender near the door edge, under the wing mirror?
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 22:10   #757
Senior - BHPian

Tata Altroz Spotted on Test by Power Drift

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20191008_215838.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20191008_215836.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20191008_215839.jpg

Looks Fantastic, from the rear quarter angle, it looks very big yet proportionate. Kudos to Pratap Bose for this awesome design. Alloys should be Diamond Cut/Dual Tone.

Just like other Tata cars, I expect this to be well built, have terrific road manners, excellent ride and Good Feature List at Good Prices.

Only bummer is the lack of Automatic Option, I am hearing from my Tata sources that the Altroz will only be offered in manual. They have AMT option, but it won't suit this premium hatchback. Better Tata develop its own 5/6 Speed AT. But that too seems to be nearly out of equation, as they are very keen on EV which don't require Multi Speed Gearbox. How about the one in Hexa mated to the Nexon's 1.2 & 1.5 Engines (Same engines powering Altroz) ?

Anyway, expected launch date is early next year, that's pretty much the time when I look out for new cars. This is a serious contender in 10 lakh price bracket for consumers.

This will be a proper upgrade for my Tata Tiago which has turned 3 in August.

Source
CarguyNish is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 05:38   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Only bummer is the lack of Automatic Option, I am hearing from my Tata sources that the Altroz will only be offered in manual. They have AMT option, but it won't suit this premium hatchback. Better Tata develop its own 5/6 Speed AT. But that too seems to be nearly out of equation, as they are very keen on EV which don't require Multi Speed Gearbox. How about the one in Hexa mated to the Nexon's 1.2 & 1.5 Engines (Same engines powering Altroz) ?
There was a news earlier that they are developing a 6 six speed dual clutch unit. Probably that will be launched in altroz and later in petrol harrier. AMT in a premium hatchback will be a disaster.
NICHE is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 11:13   #759

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanski View Post

Attachment 1921184
Front looks so fresh and handsome. When they showed production ready version in Geneva auto show this year,i was little skeptical about the design. But these latest leaks are eye catching with its unique design. Pratap bose and his team never fails to impress.
535dinesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 11:41   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Is that an Indicator on the fender near the door edge, under the wing mirror?
Great eye, I didn't notice that at all! Quite an interesting new design element if really is an indicator.
namanski is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 11:57   #761
BHPian

This looks to be a beauty. Fresh design with a nice nose job. To me it the front bonnet, grill looks just like a shark. The black job on the windows seem to be a downer, but I am guessing the variants will probably lose the black borders. The big question is what engine will get plonked in. A fuel efficient 3pot or an enthusiastic 4 cylinder regular. As disposable income increases I fail to understand why car manufacturers don't focus on vehicles for the motor enthusiasts. I guess that is already discussed on a different thread. Awaiting in earnest for more info as I might just swing in to get a new vehicle early next year. The Storme will have to live with me for sometime
Old 9th October 2019, 13:10   #762
Senior - BHPian

This looks like a proper "car" except for Piano black window line and rear door handle position. They may speed up Altroz electric launch based on Nexon electric's market reception (instead of Automatic Altroz).
Old 9th October 2019, 14:08   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Anyway, expected launch date is early next year, that's pretty much the time when I look out for new cars. ....
This will be a proper upgrade for my Tata Tiago which has turned 3 in August.

Completely OT, but please read up relevant threads on team-bhp, if you regularly change your car in 3-4 years.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 12:46   #764
BHPian

This actually looks like inspired from “Shark”. Good looking and well proportional design. I hope this sells well.
Old 12th October 2019, 12:49   #765
BHPian

The car looks sharp and classy.
The only thing I am skeptical about is the engine options on offer, I really hope they avoid Tiago/Tigor's engines and instead go for the larger turbocharged ones which are on offer with the Nexon.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks