Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2019, 17:17   #826
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
What was done to Baleno and New Swift, which are lesser weights than Old Swift?

Moreover it is just rumor that it is less weight that Tiago.
Altroz could be as light as Baleno with Modern structural safety.
Hope it's a rumor. Otherwise all cars (Swift, Baleno, Ertiga) using Suzuki's new Heartect platform haven't got good safety rating in comparison with other cars in segement. So there is an impact of less weight, even with newer design and usage of high strength material as they claim.
Vishal.R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 17:19   #827
Team-BHP Support

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Second teaser released. Arriving by Jan 2020.

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 18:51   #828
BANNED

"Experience the gold standard" ?

Come on Tata, don't make such statements while many are looking for opportunities to bash you, your mistakes are highlighted to a magnitude which is higher compared to similar mistakes of other OEM's. You don't have any laurels to rest upon while others had many.

Stop making such statements until people find it difficult to nit pick you.

Last edited by wheelguy : 21st November 2019 at 19:04.
wheelguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 21:38   #829
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
You OK being a beta tester?

Exactly what I thought after reading his comment. Tata's ability or rather the lack of it, in sorting out QC issues in their otherwise well-designed and well-built products will always be a deal breaker for those who want a fuss-free ownership experience.

Some people are brave and adventurous and often overlook the minor shortcomings of the product because they find them VFM.

In a B segment race, Tiago may survive inspite of its issues. But in the B+ segment, the competition is cut throat, with extremely sorted and well established products (Baleno/i20/Polo).

I sincerely hope Tata gets it right with the Altroz. Fingers crossed.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 22:14   #830
Vmv
BHPian

I think they need more focus on QC and marketing and they may have understood the market now.

In the second teaser we can assume that 360 degree camera is a feature in production ready Altroz.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-capture_20191121221010.png  

Vmv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 22:18   #831
BHPian

TATA, please take some inspiration.

Reclaim Your Life! (Reclaim your Brand)

Boundaries

Make Your Own Road

Lines

These made the Safari a CULT car.
Hope to see such ads from an Indian car manufacturer we're so proud of.

Please put some marketing effort.
iamahunter is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 22:25   #832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
TATA, please take some inspiration.

These made the Safari a CULT car.
Hope to see such ads from an Indian car manufacturer we're so proud of.

Agreed that Tata needs to improve its marketing effort.

But then, Ads did not make Safari a cult car, it was the safari that made those ads worthwhile to watch, even after 15 years

Safari was among the first Indian SUVs that had intimidating road presence and unmatched desirability to own. Ads were just doing justice to the status the car had that time. If they had made such ads for indica and estate, they would have still bombed miserably.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 23:08   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Some people are brave and adventurous and often overlook the minor shortcomings of the product because they find them VFM.
Me, I'd want to be paid if I'm a beta (or is it alpha?) tester.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 01:35   #834
BHPian

Altroz is fighting a upheaval battle against the might i20 and the segment no1. Maruti Balneo but it was David with more agility that defeated Goliath.
TATA needs to bring out it's A game out for Altroz. They now know where all they can fail, do not repeat those same mistakes and you will have a champion car.
Indian by and large are very accepting people, they are just looking for Value For Money.
Old 22nd November 2019, 06:13   #835
Senior - BHPian

These ads are by Ogilvy and they are expensive/charge well. Marketeers (these days) are comfy working with newbies/freelancers who are easy on the budget unfortunately, and most importantly - those who obey their every command and diktat, regarding creative. That's why we don't see such memorable ads anymore, just activation ideas. Brand managers live 'quarter to quarter' anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Sebring is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 07:16   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I think anyone can be a beta tester just like people who bought Seltos/Hector recently.
I don't think Hector (aka Chevy Captiva) buyers can be termed as beta tester. It in fact is one of the most sorted car launched recently..

Seltos, to some extent yes, especially for Indian drivers and prevailing condition .
gutsy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 08:25   #837
Senior - BHPian

I was a 'Beta tester' for the Tata Nexon (Thank you). What's wrong in it? They got the quality, spot-on! Grabbed it, first day of launch - all cash. Till date (2.5 years on) it retains its showroom finish, because I'm so proud of this car and I pamper it. It's the best Sub 4 meter SUV we have today. Post purchase, it has bagged the 5 Star NCAP - remains the only one with this achievement (is pricier by 1.5 Lakhs). So no regrets there. I haven't had anything going wrong with it and service is good. My concern with the Altroz is the segment it is entering. Is it hot right now? Will it generate the numbers? Can Tata Motors afford a possible mis-step? Can this model pull through? (By the way, Tiago is an established car, so Altroz - as a product, seems like a safe bet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
You OK being a beta tester?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_5186.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 08:55   #838
BHPian

What Tata needs now is a proper Ad Campaign. These tasteless and stale tease videos won't work. This won't even get hardcore Tata fans excited.
ZenMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 09:35   #839
Senior - BHPian

One thing I am noticing with TML ads of recent times is that they are ignoring the TV completely. All the ads are seen only in youtube and streaming media. They are underestimating the old fashioned TV crowd who still has got a lot of say in buyer decision making. Imagine my plight when I told my Mom that I was buying a Hexa. She had never heard of it and when I explained, her question was 'why not the XUV then?' .I understood the reason a couple of days later when I sat with her during her serial. XUV ads were playing continuously during the breaks.

For someone buying a new car, acceptance from their folks is a big thing and a significant percentage of them are not yet in youtube and streaming media.
padmrajravi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 09:56   #840
Team-BHP Support

Moving beyond the brand, one very relevant threat is the timing for this launch.

If the car comes out in Jan 2020, that means it comes just one month ahead of the biggest segment rival - the 2020 Hyundai i20 which could break cover at the Delhi Auto Expo. Hope TATA has planned for enough excitement to cover that threat as well - i20 is very likely to come feature-packed once again.

Otherwise, it could be very similar to what happened with the Harrier. The cards were revealed early, and MG and Kia came in and stole the thunder soon after.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks