Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2019, 16:40   #1111
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Is it only me or did anyone else notice the scant beading on the doors. There is almost no rubber beading in both the front and back doors. Similar in line with the new Figo. This results in a not so assuring thunk compared to a thud.

In one of the photos I can clearly see them being present on the car (i.e, not on the door), which should do the job just fine.
Old 6th December 2019, 16:51   #1112
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Wide Opening door thing is unnecessary according to me. Door closing will be pain in this case because reaching to handle will be a challenge to close the door. Hence most of the users will not open door wide. Infact I think this is the reason all the cars are not having wide opening doors.
Nope, when I am getting out of the car I will only open the small angle required for me to get down. And when I have to assist my grandmother to get into or out of the vehicle, the almost 90 degree opening angle is a huge blessing to have. It has made me wonder why all cars don't have it as standard.

I am talking about my personal experience with the 3rd gen Honda City.
aravind.anand is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 17:30   #1113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also odd doesn't necessarily mean bad, in case that's what you understood.
What sound a door makes doesnt depend on the beading, and the sound the door makes on closing doesnot completely indicate the build strength.

Anyway, let's wait for the car to come out. Time will tell if the beading is sufficient for insulation, and the build quality of the car.
condor is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 17:57   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Wide Opening door thing is unnecessary according to me. Door closing will be pain in this case because reaching to handle will be a challenge to close the door. Hence most of the users will not open door wide. Infact I think this is the reason all the cars are not having wide opening doors.
It's a 3-stage door and doesn't swing all the way in one go. I have a similar set-up on the Vista too.
discoverwild is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 19:11   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
And you bought the "30,000/- only extra" story? If a Tiago JTP costs a lakh more than regular version, how would an Altroz JTP cost just 30K more than its regular variant? That when there is an updated / upgraded engine with a turbo and a new suspension set up along with cosmetic mods?!

Why would the JTP version enter production in Jan and release only in Oct 2020? Production test runs are completd in 2-3 weeks I guess. Not sure we have seen any test modules in Coimbatore as Jeyam is based out of there. Overall a useless article is what I think.
I never bought the 30k story. I said "IF" then its VFM. Obviously it will cost a lot more than 30k. I have never said anywhere that a JTP version of Altroz would enter production in January 2020. I hope it does by Oct 2020.
Old 6th December 2019, 22:19   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
What sound a door makes doesnt depend on the beading, and the sound the door makes on closing doesnot completely indicate the build strength.

Anyway, let's wait for the car to come out. Time will tell if the beading is sufficient for insulation, and the build quality of the car.
Buddy. I don't know where you seem to get the idea from my post that the door sound indicated build quality. I only mentioned the SOUND THE DOORS MAKE and nowhere mentioned build quality anywhere. Not sure why there is so much misinterpretation. Maybe a second read would make it clearer before jumping the gun?

Last edited by racer_ash : 6th December 2019 at 22:24.
Old 6th December 2019, 22:37   #1117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy. I don't know where you seem to get the idea from my post that the door sound indicated build quality. I only mentioned the SOUND THE DOORS MAKE and nowhere mentioned build quality anywhere.
Yes, too much nit-picking on stuff from my side. Why did I even bother to post ? :(
Quote:
This results in a not so assuring thunk compared to a thud.
So how does a beading make a difference to the way a door closes ?

Anyway, my point about build quality and closing sounds was in addition.
condor is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 06:58   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, too much nit-picking on stuff from my side. Why did I even bother to post ? :(

It's common knowledge that the kind of 'thud' sound a closing door of a vehicle makes, says a lot about the build quality!
Old 7th December 2019, 07:42   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheenazk View Post
It's common knowledge that the kind of 'thud' sound a closing door of a vehicle makes, says a lot about the build quality!
Common knowledge or common misconception?

Nowadays most embargo's gets lifted on Sunday midnight and we end up reading all the reviews on busy Monday mornings
Old 7th December 2019, 08:44   #1120
BHPian

Quote:

Again, let me make it more clear. The sound mentioned by me was with respect to the Figo. It is common sense that rubber beadings soften the impact while closing the door else why would manufacturers provide them (also ofcourse to prevent water seepage). I made no mention of the way the door CLOSES but rather just the SOUND.

Also please note, even if there is a slight misalignment in the doors, there is a high chance of metal to metal contact between the door and the frame especially around the latch area. This again from personal experience in the Figo. Not saying this will definitely occur in the Altroz.

Last edited by racer_ash : 7th December 2019 at 08:55. Reason: More info added
Old 7th December 2019, 10:16   #1121
SR7
BHPian

This seems to be a good effort by Tata, however I feel that a true top end variant of the Altroz should be introduced (mostly XZ+) in the near future with the following additions to make it stand out from the crowd

- 6 airbags
- TC & ESP
- Tilt & Telescopic Steering

Any inputs on how much the above additions would ideally cost as a premium over the XZ(O) variant ? I feel that Tata has missed out crucially on the middle three-point seatbelt for the rear row.

While I speculate that these safety additions are welcome, a majority of the buyers would not place priority on this, case in point the Yaris with segment leading 7 airbags had only a few takers and Toyota were forced to offer 3-airbag versions at a reduced price point for all the variants barring the top one. Tata could offer something like an optional safety pack for the lower & mid-variants! considering the other feature customisations they have on offer for the Altroz. There would be only a few takers for this safety pack methinks.
SR7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 10:24   #1122
BHPian

On the subject of how the Altroz door sounds, this guy seems to be loving it!
damodar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 11:28   #1123
BHPian

Tata is no longer what it used to be when it launched Indica. Most of the people I came across, when asked about a Tata car used to say," It is a car cheap car that breaks down most of the time." The same brand now is far from making dabba cars.
I was quite surprised when I got into Nexon for the first time.
With the launch of the Altroz, Tata is evolving everyday as a manufacturer of quality cars.
I hope to see a JTP version of Altroz soon.
Abhinav V is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 18:12   #1124
BANNED

This car definitely grows on us over time, even the gold colour can grow on you over time.
wheelguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 19:08   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
This car definitely grows on us over time, even the gold colour can grow on you over time.
I second that. Not sure if this has been brought up early I find Altroz is heavily inspired from the Volvo v40 hatch especially the piano black touch on the rear and boy that turned out pretty well.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-imgonlinecomuatwotoonefk2iaegr3id.jpg
SpideyBoy is offline   (27) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks