Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2020, 23:11   #1366
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Few pics (as received)

That black strip looks odd to me. Looking forward to see it in person soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img20200109wa0029.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img20200109wa0032.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img20200109wa0031.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img20200109wa0027.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img20200109wa0030.jpg  

VWAllstar is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 09:21   #1367
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Few pics (as received)
Wow, the engine bay packaging looks really, REALLY tight! Almost feels European! Very little vacant places. Nicely done. Although maintenance and part replacements will be that wee bit more effort taking. Improvements over the ageing X1 platform are clearly evident in the packaging, design and overall finish in the engine bay. Good.

Last edited by Reinhard : 10th January 2020 at 09:22.
Reinhard is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 10:13   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Have the vehicles already reached the dealerships? Any info on test drives being made available?
Old 10th January 2020, 11:07   #1369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Wow, the engine bay packaging looks really, REALLY tight! ...Although maintenance and part replacements will be that wee bit more effort taking.
Is the trend for the past few years, from around the time the bigger sub-4-m cars came in. Incidentally I was at my regular Scooter service centre Auto-Assembly and went up to chat with my old mechanic. He was working on a newer Bajaj bike, and while answering what he was doing in the bike he said - the actual work takes an hour and half, but removing all the external bits and putting them back is the pain
condor is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 11:40   #1370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, the engine bay packaging looks really, REALLY tight!
With only 4000mm to play around to be within the small car norms, that's the only place left to increase passenger and/or boot space, right?
discoverwild is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 11:56   #1371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
With only 4000mm to play around to be within the small car norms, that's the only place left to increase passenger and/or boot space, right?
Absolutely. And surely this is how they have managed good cabin as well as boot space even with a modest car length in comparison with its peers.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 23:55   #1372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Have the vehicles already reached the dealerships?
2nd batch ready for dealer dispatch.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-as1w.jpg

Thanks & a big shoutout to our friendly neighborhood AutoSpy.
RavenAvi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 01:00   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
2nd batch ready for dealer dispatch.

Thanks & a big shoutout to our friendly neighborhood AutoSpy.
I see most of the cars in the pic seem to sport that gold colour scheme. I am not a fan. If Tata could get the blue shown on the altroz EV then that would be great.

Nexon gets a blue shade so don't see why the premium hatchback shouldn't.
JithinR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 06:09   #1374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
I see most of the cars in the pic seem to sport that gold colour scheme. I am not a fan. If Tata could get the blue shown on the altroz EV then that would be great.

Nexon gets a blue shade so don't see why the premium hatchback shouldn't.
Cars are made in batches of a single colour. Other colours will be coming out as well. There are two colours seen here, Red and Gold. Please be patient. The Altroz EV blue might be exclusive to the EV segment similar to the Nexon EV blue that was recently showcased.
discoverwild is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 10:02   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, the engine bay packaging looks really, REALLY tight! Almost feels European! Very little vacant places. Nicely done. Although maintenance and part replacements will be that wee bit more effort taking. Improvements over the ageing X1 platform are clearly evident in the packaging, design and overall finish in the engine bay. Good.
Yeah and Ford should learn something from our very own TML. The engine is tight and well covered. As rightly said, the work if any would be tedious and time consuming but that's only few times in the product lifecycle.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 19:27   #1376
BHPian

some info on pricing i got -- it's 6-8 ex showroom for petrol and 7- (approx) 10 for diesel, some units are in transit and will arrive on Kerala dealerships soon enough

Last edited by SaiSW : 11th January 2020 at 19:30.
SaiSW is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 20:08   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz

Quote:
Absolutely. And surely this is how they have managed good cabin as well as boot space even with a modest car length in comparison with its peers.

Not sure if the interior space on offer is better than an i20 or a Baleno though. I had a chance to look at the car and on first glance the rear space did not seem as much as an i20, since my wife drives one, I could sort of compare to a fair extent. I could be wrong as well, may be we will have to wait for the official review and specs.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 20:54   #1378
BHPian

Nora Fatehi with the car again, a video this time.

SpideyBoy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 21:49   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
some info on pricing i got -- it's 6-8 ex showroom for petrol and 7- (approx) 10 for diesel, some units are in transit and will arrive on Kerala dealerships soon enough
Isn't the Revotorq in Altroz a BS6. If that is the case and assuming these figures are correct then the premium for the diesel BS6 might be not a big shocker after all. Thanks and can you please let us know how you got these figures (no names and all but the nature of the source)
Old 11th January 2020, 22:04   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
Nora Fatehi with the car again, a video this time.
@Reinhard was so concerned with a promo pic with Nora a couple pages back, thinking whether she was photoshopped into it. Well, this is as real as it gets.

Jeez, the Altroz looks so so dashing. If I hit a lottery/get lucky next year, I'm buying the Altroz JTP.
TROOPER is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed