Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2020, 01:59   #1381
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Isn't the Revotorq in Altroz a BS6. If that is the case and assuming these figures are correct then the premium for the diesel BS6 might be not a big shocker after all. Thanks and can you please let us know how you got these figures (no names and all but the nature of the source)
Yep, it's a bs6 compliant engine, during a normal chit chat i asked info about the car to a friend who previously worked at Tata and has good connections with his former employer. I think on road diesel top end will be around 10.5-10.8, which is reasonable for the features in offer, but in cities like Bangalore i am not really sure, i20 is 11.3 lacs in Bangalore, it's daylight robbery there. There needs to be a cap on how much the RTOs can rob from us
Old 12th January 2020, 13:36   #1382
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

A bunch of updated info from a friendly birdie.

Since most of it is related to the Altroz, hence posting it all here:

- Altroz pricing possibly between 5.5L to 9.5L, ex-showroom Delhi.

- Balancer shaft is added and air filter is shifted from the top of the engine to the battery side in Altroz petrol, as compared to Tiago petrol.

- The Altroz & the Harrier share the same production lines.

- Very good insulation provided in the firewall of the Altroz, inside the dashboard.

- Only one dual tone Altroz (Red with Black roof) spotted in production line.

- Plenty of Gold, Red & White coloured Altrozes lined up for dispatch. None in Silver/Grey yet.

- No mention of AT in the Altroz yet. Nothing on the turbocharged petrol version either.

- No factory fitted electric sunroof for the Altroz mentioned. Might be provided as a dealer-level accessory fitting.

- Altroz EV being developed with a target pricing of around 12-13L.

- Factory-fitted sunroofs coming for the Harrier & the Gravitas. No clarity yet on panoramic one for the latter.

- Huge numbers of Harrier seen ready for dispatch. Mostly in White & Black (Dark Edition).

- BS6 diesel engines will be launched only after April 1st, 2020, since the availability of BS6 diesel is very critical.

- No such problems for the BS6 petrol engines. Launches of the same will commence from next month onwards.

- 0W20 grade for BS6 engines - both petrol & diesel. 5W30 grade for BS4 engines to continue. (NOT to be interchanged at all!)

- Not even a single mention on the Hexa. None seen ready for dispatch either.

- Very few (read 2-3) Zests & Bolts seen in the dispatch area. Production stopped?

- Plenty of camouflaged test mules of the Altroz, Harrier, Nexon EV & Gravitas seen. Also, a camouflaged H2X & an orange coloured Gravitas seen parked.

- EV models of Ace & Ace Zip seen.

- Harrier AT & Gravitas AT might be launched together.

- No mention of a proper AT in the Nexon either. AMT possibly to continue for now.

- Nexon facelift will get the digital instrument cluster from the Tiago facelift.

- ESP to be standard across all variants of the Nexon facelift.

- There was mention of a power bump in Nexon petrol specs, post BS6. It was supposed to be 120PS from existing 110PS. Not confirmed.

- No BS6 diesel engines for the Tiago or the Tigor.

- Tiago facelift to get the Mando steering system, with the steering wheel & knob shared with the Altroz.

- The tailgate of the Tiago facelift will be modified to accomodate a reverse camera (new feature).

- Front spring & rear damper of the Tiago facelift will sit 10mm lower than earlier.

- Rear parking sensors will be standard across all variants of the Tigor. For this, a new rear bumper section has been developed.

- DRLs will move lower into the front bumper section for the Tigor. Projector headlamps will be new.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-1.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 12th January 2020 at 14:04. Reason: Added pic of white one. Thanks, Neil.
RavenAvi is offline   (78) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 21:15   #1383
BHPian

Saw an Altroz in the red shade today going towards South Bombay on western express highway. I was going in the opposite direction.

Looks dashing no doubt. But the red doesn't really do it justice. You could simply mistake it for an overgrown Tiago in that red shade. Wouldn't be surprised if Tata discontinued the berry red color in the Tiago or even other similar looking colors post facelift. Tata need to be cautious with this.

I would blindly pick the gold if I were shopping for the Altroz.

Although at first glance I kind of felt it lacks presence compared to the Baleno and i20.
TROOPER is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 23:59   #1384
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted together with it's (possibly) fiercest in-segment competitor for the very first time.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-1.jpg

Thanks to S Aswin for the snap.
RavenAvi is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 00:36   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Spotted together with it's (possibly) fiercest in-segment competitor for the very first time.

Thanks to S Aswin for the snap.
Altroz is a winner..but the insipid engines need to be bolstered with a proper blazer for the Sport /JTP version. In a flight of fancy I would so wish the 1.2 tsi with dsg from VW make their way here - this car deserves it ! And VW Isn't selling much in any case , maybe they should go the Fiat way in light of no new models being launched
JishD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 07:54   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
There's a full blown comparo done with the pre facelift Baleno, albeit by a youtuber:

five46 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 07:57   #1387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
A--And VW Isn't selling much in any case , maybe they should go the Fiat way --
In this space VW Polo is doing decent numbers in-spite of it being a product launched in 2010. Let us see how the chart pans out in few months after the launch of this car!

Name:  11.PNG
Views: 5436
Size:  67.9 KB
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 11:11   #1388
BHPian

Quote:

- Altroz EV being developed with a target pricing of around 12-13L.

- EV models of Ace & Ace Zip seen.
Glad to see confirmation of Rs 12 lakh price for Altroz EV from another source. This was also mentioned in the Autocarindia article last month.

With no road tax for EVs in many states like Maharashtra, Karnataka, UP, etc... on-road price of Altroz EV will be very close to top-end diesel variants of premium hatchbacks.
sri_tesla is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 12:42   #1389
BHPian

I think Tata got a winner in Altroz. It looks amazing. Unfortunate that Tata is delaying Automatic transmission. As a person looking for a new car and waiting patiently for the BS6 options, Altroz is definitely a good candidate. However, Bangalore traffic is scaring the hell out of me to opt for manual transmission. Currently i drive my dad's manual alto while i wait for BS6 models to be released to the market. The thought of going through this leg pain for much longer may kill any thought of considering manual, however appealing it may be in other aspects.

I may not wait for automatic transmission to come out, but wish all the best to Tata. Very happy to see how Tata is evolving.
TurboOnTarmac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 14:44   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboOnTarmac View Post
The thought of going through this leg pain for much longer may kill any thought of considering manual, however appealing it may be in other aspects.

I may not wait for automatic transmission to come out, but wish all the best to Tata. Very happy to see how Tata is evolving.
Please check the clutch ASAP once you get the first chance of TD. Perhaps the clutch is very light making your fear a void. I am just trying to be very optimistic here but considering the clutch of petrol Tiago I am very happy about the softness, it is extremely light and no issues for me for daily B2B Bangalore traffic.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 13th January 2020 at 14:58.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 18:35   #1391
Distinguished - BHPian

A few TBHPians and I were in Connoor over the weekend and the rest of the group spotted what is likely to be the camouflaged Altroz sedan at close proximity. It definitely was a Tata and it was bigger than their current sedans. I was the only one with a helmet camera but I was behind the other riders and didnt see the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
A few TBHPians and I were in Connoor over the weekend and the rest of the group spotted what is likely to be the camouflaged Altroz sedan at close proximity. It definitely was a Tata and it was bigger than their current sedans. I was the only one with a helmet camera but I was behind the other riders and didnt see the car!
TBHPian unk9ja, who saw the camouflaged car, confirmed that it was running TN37 TC plates. So it definitely is a Tata sedan.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 13th January 2020 at 19:40. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Thanks
neil.jericho is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 19:41   #1392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
TBHPian unk9ja, who saw the camouflaged car, confirmed that it was running TN37 TC plates. So it definitely is a Tata sedan.
That's interesting. I was commenting on the Zest thread that Tata does not have another sedan in it's line-up, so this would be a welcome addition. Hope we get to see some pics soon, and a launch that is not delayed.

If TN37 is CBE - is it getting a JTP touch ?
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 20:10   #1393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
There's a full blown comparo done with the pre facelift Baleno, albeit by a Youtuber

From the video, the bulge beneath outside rear-view mirror does look like a camera. May a future software over-the-air update might activate it? interesting!
Attached Images

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th January 2020 at 20:50. Reason: Missing quote tags.
AlphaKilo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 20:38   #1394
BHPian

The first batch of Tata Altroz landed here at Jaipur today and the SA was quick to give me a call and accompany me to the stockyard for the first look. The car looks smashing in person and it easily outshines the current premium hatchbacks in the market. Build quality is right up there with the Polo and the thud while the door closes is beyond words to explain. You have to check this out in person to believe it. The steering is meaty and very nice to hold. The overall design is very appealing and I'm impressed.

Interior fit and finish is at par with the segment and nothing extraordinary. The biggest disappointment for me is the seat comfort, both at front and rear. I'm 5'11 and I was sitting in a knees up position. They could have done a lot better with the under thigh support at rear and the recline angle is not the best either. Absence of steering reach adjustment makes matter worse and I just wasn't able to find myself a comfortable driving position.

Design of the analogue meter is certainly a fly in the ointment, don't know what the designers were smoking while they were at it. The vehicle I tested was a petrol unit and NVH is average at best at idle and revving. Tata should have considered a 4 cylinder unit for this one considering its an important product for them. If I am to bet my money on this product, it'd be the diesel. Overall, a great product from Tata and I'm sure it'll clock decent number month on month.

Last edited by k.sumit : 13th January 2020 at 20:44.
k.sumit is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 10:47   #1395
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to Aravind & John for sharing these - from all angles, interiors, reverse camera display on HU, MID display showing doors open & a peek into the boot space.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-7.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-12.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-17.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-15.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-16.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-14.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-20.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-9.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-10.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-8.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-13.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-11.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-2.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-21.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (36) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks