Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2020, 19:36   #1846
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Happened to see 5 of the Altroz yesterday, White, Silver and Dark Grey on the road and Yellow and Red as I was crossing the SRT showroom on Mettupalayam Road.

The Dark Grey was ahead of me in traffic and was no slouch as it kept moving ahead and I lost sight of it after about 5 km. Didn't feel a bit underpowered as he always managed to stay ahead and overtaking other vehicles in a jiffy.
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 19:55   #1847
BHPian

Re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
A silver Altroz just passed by me. Man does it look smashing! Much better than the i20. The only other time, I was compelled to post right after spotting a new launch was when I spotted the Harrier in my rear view mirror.
Saw a ’new’ design while at a traffic stop and realized that it was Altroz. 👌 Good work Tata. Now only thing remaining is the automatic with electric variant soon and we would we have a gem of a an viable electric car that looks good , has interiors that match the price and can do 450 km (i think) per charge of 1 hr. Good times ahead
Ashutosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 20:03   #1848
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Happened to see 5 of the Altroz yesterday, White, Silver and Dark Grey on the road and Yellow and Red

There is no Yellow ALtroz. There's Gold.
The new Tiago, however is available in Yellow and it looks like the Altroz.

Are you sure you're not confused?

Reference image of new Yellow Tiago

https://gaadiwaadi.com/wp-content/up...2-1200x900.jpg
turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 21:38   #1849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Happened to see 5 of the Altroz yesterday, White, Silver and Dark Grey on the road and Yellow and Red as I was crossing the SRT showroom on Mettupalayam Road.

The Dark Grey was ahead of me in traffic and was no slouch as it kept moving ahead and I lost sight of it after about 5 km. Didn't feel a bit underpowered as he always managed to stay ahead and overtaking other vehicles in a jiffy.
I believe the yellow one you saw is Tiago. Because the new Tiago's front almost resembles the Altroz.
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 21:52   #1850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I believe the yellow one you saw is Tiago. Because the new Tiago's front almost resembles the Altroz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
There is no Yellow ALtroz.
True. I stand corrected. It was the Tiago. It was a quick glance at the showroom in traffic. The red Altroz was in front while the yellow Tiago was inside the showroom on higher ground.

Last edited by discoverwild : 20th March 2020 at 21:55.
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 13:04   #1851
BHPian

While driving the petrol Altroz I found that its engine rpm increases automatically while we slowly release the clutch. Due to this the car feels sprightly and will climb smaller inclines without much throttle input.

Is it a normal behaviour in today’s vehicles or is it any kind of a gimmick?

Last edited by RideRanger : 23rd March 2020 at 13:17.
Old 23rd March 2020, 13:46   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post
While driving the petrol Altroz I found that its engine rpm increases automatically while we slowly release the clutch. Due to this the car feels sprightly and will climb smaller inclines without much throttle input.

Is it a normal behaviour in today’s vehicles or is it any kind of a gimmick?
It's the anti stall function causing this behaviour I guess.

It's almost impossible to stall Ford 1.5 TDCI. Lots of torque and ECU dumping a bit of fuel when it senses a stall does make the car lunge forward .
GreenmachinE is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 17:12   #1853
BHPian

Images of First Reported Crash of Tata Altroz Emerge, Rear-ended by Maruti Swift

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-swifthitsaltrozdd7c.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altrozvsswiftad82.jpg

Quote:
The damage appears to be minimal, which probably means that both the cars were moving at relatively low speeds. The rear bumper and number plate of the Altroz has been deformed by the impact, but the rest of the car seems unaffected. As for the Swift, it has suffered minimal damage at its nose. The front bumper and the hood of the car have both come loose, but the rest of the car seems undamaged. It would be wrong to judge and compare both cars in this context, as there is minimal information available about the incident in question. The only confirmed details are that occupants in both the cars are safe.
Source
SpideyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2020, 10:56   #1854
Distinguished - BHPian

March-20 sales/dispatch data in the Premium hatchback segment:

Although it will be unfair to assess Altroz’s sale performance solely on Mar’20 volumes; even in Feb’20 Altroz could sell only 2,806 units. The coming months post June could give a more clear picture emerging in this segment.

Name:  12.PNG
Views: 5347
Size:  30.1 KB

Source:Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd April 2020 at 10:57.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 08:02   #1855
BHPian

Dear mods, now that April is here, when can we expect the Altroz review? That will be one of the best things to read amidst all the negativity.
Neeraj1903 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 09:56   #1856
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
Dear mods, now that April is here, when can we expect the Altroz review? That will be one of the best things to read amidst all the negativity.
Are you asking the Mods to roam around the country for test drives when all others are locked down?
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 10:03   #1857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Are you asking the Mods to roam around the country for test drives when all others are locked down?
I think they have already test driven the Altroz and captures pictures as well, they are busy in writing and editing the review now which takes most of the time.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 10:05   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
As mentioned in comment above, TD and photography was already done before the lockdown hence the post
Neeraj1903 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 12:25   #1859
Vmv
BHPian

Mod Note: Our Altroz Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Mods, can we hear a word from your side? The awaited Altroz review will be out soon?

Last edited by GTO : 16th April 2020 at 12:24. Reason: Link to review :)
Vmv is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks