Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 25th February 2019, 19:30   #301
BHPian

Default re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, codenamed "X451". EDIT : Named Altroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
New premium hatch from Tata gets offical name. Call me Altroz

Attachment 1851916

Source
Bit of a daft name in my opinion but ultimately I won't care one bit. If this product continues on the same upward trajectory as the cars preceding it (see Tiago->Nexon->Harrier) the name won't be an issue. Really looking forward to this and praying it continues the trend of mature vehicles from Indian manufacturers.

I guess they're going for a bit of an avian theme to the names now. I can't wait for the front longitudinal engine coupe called the Tata Toucan in the future.
ads11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 22:11   #302
BHPian

Default re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, codenamed "X451". EDIT : Named Altroz

Image Courtesy: CarToq
From this angle, the car looks just wow. If Tata manages to mate the 113 hp engine with a killer pricing it will have a winner in its hand.
Attached Images

Kuldeep31 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 07:39   #303
BHPian

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-screenshot_2019022607225501.png
From our January Car Sales thread, I assume that Altroz will easily glide to 5th position in B2 Segment.
Baleno, Swift, Grand i10 and i20 will put a tight competition for Altroz to go further higher.
B2 segment being a high volume segment , if the engine options, features and pricing goes the right way, Altroz will do wonders.

B1 segment graph hints that Altroz sales will take some numbers from the Tiago and give celerio some relief, but the Tiago facelift can be Tata's sword for protecting Tiago's sales numbers.

It is pretty sure that Altroz will widen the cutting angle of Tata's piece in the Indian automotive Sales pie.
albertprince is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 07:40   #304
Team-BHP Support

Some of Tata’s recent designs are quite elegant, especially when they don’t go overboard on the styling aspect (e.g.; Hexa, Tiago). This has the making of a good-looking hatchback and probably an ideal candidate for JTP treatment.
vb-san is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 13:56   #305
BHPian

Just about when we have the ALTROZ launch nearing & the H7X testing, the next bomb Tata seems to have dropped is the new bird code named - BLACKBIRD

A SUV targeted at the slot between Nexon & Harrier aka Creta competitor [4.2M length]. The SUV will share its platform with the upcoming ALTROZ

Seems this space is heating up intensely - Nissan Kicks, Tata Harrier, MG Hector & upcoming Skoda Kamiq & VW T-Cross (MQB A0 IN), Maruti (Creta Competitor)

Article received from a friend - link unknown
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tata-blackbird.jpg  

FIAT3031 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 15:17   #306
BHPian

Tata Altroz Front-end teased.

Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tata-altroz.jpg  

Last edited by uday.ere : 26th February 2019 at 15:21.
uday.ere is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 16:28   #307
Senior - BHPian

If the Harrier campaign is any indication, we will have teasers and part-by-part reveals for 3 months, then a Media Drive followed by a ‘launch’ after another 3 months, and deliveries after yet another quarter.

Which means you can expect these cars on road by Nov-Dec.

Hit snooze button until then.
Steeroid is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 16:32   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
If the Harrier campaign is any indication, we will have teasers and part-by-part reveals for 3 months
You can remove 3 months from the timeline. They are unveiling the production version next week @ Geneva Motor show.
Latheesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 16:42   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT3031 View Post
Just about when we have the ALTROZ launch nearing & the H7X testing, the next bomb Tata seems to have dropped is the new bird code named - BLACKBIRD

A SUV targeted at the slot between Nexon & Harrier aka Creta competitor [4.2M length]. The SUV will share its platform with the upcoming ALTROZ

Seems this space is heating up intensely - Nissan Kicks, Tata Harrier, MG Hector & upcoming Skoda Kamiq & VW T-Cross (MQB A0 IN), Maruti (Creta Competitor)

Article received from a friend - link unknown
So we have a leak on a new SUV codenamed Blackbird and another compact SUV codenamed Hornbill? Wow. Tata is on a roll. Looks like will see a lot of new cars from their stable in the near future. Wonder what else they have in their basket
sub.g84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 17:04   #310
BHPian

Default re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Another teaser from TATA MOTORS. This time its the rear of Altroz.

Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-screenshot_20190227170230_video-player.jpg  

arif_t01 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 11:18   #311
BHPian

Default re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Altroz's interior? This looks beautiful. It's definitely not a photo of concept car as the interior looks production ready. Electric Parking Brake and a rotary switch for driving modes.😍
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-fb_img_1551332570745.jpg  

HarshGtR is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 11:20   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
Altroz's interior? This looks beautiful. It's definitely not a photo of concept car as the interior looks production ready. Electric Parking Brake and a rotary switch for driving modes.😍
That Rotary Switch is probably for the Auto transmission - PRND. So it will come with auto transmission from the start maybe?
torquecurve is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 11:57   #313
BHPian

Quote:
I see Rotary switch which is for Auto transmission. Hazard light switch and third switch is for Parking Brake. If it is true that third switch is Parking then WOW.
sushantr5 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 12:01   #314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
If it is true that third switch is Parking then WOW.
Wish they had thought of this for the Harrier, instead of the aircraft style pull type lever in their flagship.

The simple console of the Altroz looks brilliant, and quite small - should free up a lot of space for cubbyholes and a proper armrest. Hope TATA considers this arrangement for the upcoming cars as well - like the H7X.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th February 2019 at 12:39. Reason: Typo
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 12:32   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, codenamed "X451". EDIT : Named Altroz

Quote:
Any guesses what is this? Tata Motors recently shared this image on social media. I think it's IRVM. Or may it's the front seat and this photo is taken from rear seat and the middle portion shows screen for rear passenger?
I want to hear from other members.
Definitely looks like the back of the front seat to me. I also feel this is body coloured. So In all probabilities my guess is that this will be the colour used in promotions.

If it is indeed body coloured, what bothers me is what will be the material? some kind of plastic? If it is some kind of plastic, will it not be dangerous in a crash situation?
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed