Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2019, 23:28   #421
Team-BHP Support

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
I was hoping the Altroz would get the same engine spec as Nexon, I still hope it's the case at least for top (XZ+) variant.
Could be reserved for a JTP variant?

I believe the Altroz was also spied long time ago on the track, along with the JTP twins, before they were launched.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 23:43   #422
BANNED

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
Tried to compare design of 45X with Altroz
And also with the segment king Baleno
As you have shared the Baleno front view pic, my memory made me remember something shown below.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-1f2e9af164694330a8a5995654dd5623.jpeg

Note: I don’t know if it is only me who feels so.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 00:20   #423
BHPian

I think I will be going against the tide here and say I think TATA has delivered on what they promised with the H45X concept a couple of years back. If you have a side-by-side comparison with the H45X, you will see that they have kept the design as honest to the concept as possible.

Bottom line: If you liked the H45X, there is a strong chance you will like the Altroz. If you didn't like the H45X, well, I believe the past few pages in this thread have shown what it results in.

One another note: As much I like the production spec version, it would have pleased me even more if they had restrained from carrying over certain elements from the concept that do not bode well while using a car in the real world. Case in point, those HUGE black appliques in the window line trim (especially at the bottom) and the severely restricted rear visibility due to the shape & rake angle of the rear window and the almost ridiculous amount of area masked off at the borders.

Will see how these factors play out when I take a test drive.

Cheers!
Sharath
sharkashwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 00:22   #424
Senior - BHPian

Found this pic of the Interior of the Altroz. I loved the layout, it seems like a mix of Nexon and Harrier. The body colored elements around the AC Vents look fab.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altroz-interior.jpg

* Surprised to see the Manual Day/Night IRVM even in the top end.
* Glad to see buttons for Cruise Control on the flat-bottom steering wheel, which looks chunky and nice in the image.
* As a segment first feature, I believe that Altroz will offer 360 degree camera like in Nissan Kicks, as is evident in the image below both the ORVMs.
* Speakers and Tweeters can be easily recognized in the Door Pads.
* Can't see any A-Pillar markings for Curtain Airbags, not sure about the presence of Side Airbags though.
* Engine Start/Stop Button and Height Adjustable Steering wheel can be noted.
* Dead Pedal is easily noticeable.
* Front Row wide Center Armrest is visible, with Hexa like tapered front.
* The Hand Brake lever seems to be towards the passenger side of the center console, and looks like a lift off from the Nexon.
* The Gear Lever seems to have Harrier like Heart-Beat shaped markings, and maybe a 6-Speed MT.
* There is a button in front of the gear lever towards the cabin side, may be Altroz will only feature Sport and Normal modes, like in Nano AMT etc.
* Sensor for Rain and Light seems to be placed ahead of the IRVM.
* The Cup Holders next to the hand brake lever seem to be devoid of a Tambour Door like in Nexon and Marazzo.
* Can't locate the button to Power Fold the ORVMs, maybe you need to press it down towards yourself like in Nexon etc. The Power Window switches seem like they're lifted from the Tiago/Tigor twins. Seem cheap for the segment.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altroz-front-three-quarters.jpg

* The front wipers are shaped like in the Nexon, with the left Wiper angled upwards from the center outwards.
* The ORVMs are devoid of the Side Turn Indicators, which are rather peculiarly placed at the far end of the front fenders in a vertical fashion.
* No shark-fin antenna, may be available as an official accessory.
* Projector + Halogen Headlamp setup.
* I hope the Front Fog Lamps double up as Cornering Lamps like in the Nexon and Harrier, at least in the top variant.
* The LED DRL reminds me somewhat of the one in the Zest.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altroz-rear-three-quarters.jpg

* There seems to be a Fog Lamp in the middle at the rear. Hope that it is functional and not like the ones in the JTP Twins.
* The Rear Spoiler with Black Winglets (like in Tiago) looks cool.
* The Rear View Camera can be seen below the Tata logo at the rear. But can't spot the Rear Parking Sensors.
* That kink / caved-in appearance in the Rear Hatch is going to be tough to maintain with dust settling on it due to it's shape.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altroz-right-side.jpg

* Seems like a front Disc and rear Drum setup.

Overall a love-it or hate-it design. As long as it is priced sensibly, I am sure it'll sell like hot cakes and Tata surely has a winner in it's hands.
AdityaDeane is online now   (29) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 01:23   #425
BHPian

• For me it looks more like a beefed up Tiago. I expected it to be completely different from Tiago/Nexon in & out.
  • Front & side profiles look good but the rear is messed up.
  • The taillamp set seems to be a size bigger. Slimmer ones like in Harrier would have been nice.
  • Fuel lid is too close to the edge of the wheel arch
  • Alloys look similar to VW Golf MK7 GTI's design
  • Liked the small fat bottomed steering wheel with correct size horn pad
  • Did not like the squarish instrument cluster. Classic circular shape would have been good.
  • The instrument cluster surrounding at the top & sides should have been a single pice without any edges.
  • Driver mode button below gear shifter shows only Eco symbol. Does it mean no sport mode?
Old 6th March 2019, 04:26   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
  • Front & side profiles look good but the rear is messed up.
  • The taillamp set seems to be a size bigger. Slimmer ones like in Harrier would have been nice.
Not disagreeing with you, but black plastic insert around the tail lamps make it seem much bigger that they actually are. I think having that having a separate insert/plastic piece will allow the design team to play around with contrasts/styles later on without tinkering with the sheet metal.

Here's an ugly photoshop job to highlight what I mean.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-1.png
Amartya is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 05:05   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Could be reserved for a JTP variant?

I believe the Altroz was also spied long time ago on the track, along with the JTP twins, before they were launched.
JTSV is created as an entity . i am sure they will have more JTP models emerging out of newer Tata cars including the Altroz. Else it they cant be profitable selling just the current JTP twins
Old 6th March 2019, 06:30   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, codenamed "X451". EDIT : Named Altroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
Any guesses what is this? Tata Motors recently shared this image on social media. I think it's IRVM. Or may it's the front seat and this photo is taken from rear seat and the middle portion shows screen for rear passenger?
I want to hear from other members.
So what is this? I didn't find it on the rear seat of Altroz from the videos. Lookimg at the colour, I even checked the video of the Buzzard and wasn't able to corelate this to any part.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 08:18   #429
BHPian

I think the underwhelming response is because of the choice of color. A darker color would have been much better. In the production version, Tata might even partially paint the thick black strip at the back.
motobliss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 08:34   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
So what is this? I didn't find it on the rear seat of Altroz from the videos. Lookimg at the colour, I even checked the video of the Buzzard and wasn't able to corelate this to any part.
That image belongs to H2X concept. It's the rear seat of H2X.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20190306_083344.jpg  

HarshGtR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 08:42   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Seat back for H2X or HORNBILL Concept.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tatah2x_concept20198000c.jpg  

arif_t01 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 08:43   #432
BANNED

Altroz walkaround video from Motorbeam.

pavi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 08:59   #433
BHPian

It's definitely an eye catching design that will turn heads, in line with the current Impact design strategy from Tata.

Maybe people will warm upto it as in the case of the Nexon.

However, one key deal-breaker that I see here is the extremely high set dashboard that will hinder the front view. The Maruti A-Star had this kind of higher perched dashboard and I could see for most cases, drivers straining their necks. The average indian isn't that tall and the low seat high dashboard combo might put off a lot of interest during the test drives.
Hope, Tata provides height adjustable driver's seat as a standard for this car.
trek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 09:01   #434
BHPian

Contrary to public bashing going on here, I think we should wait to see the car in person. I remember, XUV 500 was also the car which got lot of bashing on this forum, but that car today defines Mahindra.!
So hold your horses.
speedguy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 09:52   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Key specifications of ALTROZ revealed.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-1.png

Quote:
Altroz is likely to come with first-in-class 17-inch alloy wheels coupled with 205/50 R17 tyres – at least for the top-spec car.
Quote:
Altroz showcased at the Geneva motor show was powered by a 1,198cc, three-cylinder petrol engine good for 102hp at 5,500rpm. It produces a max torque of 140Nm at 1,750-4,000rpm. Tata has not confirmed the engine’s aspiration, but based on the output figures, this 1.2-litre motor could be a turbocharged unit.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th March 2019 at 09:57.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks