Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2019, 13:39   #601
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post

If that is true, then it is unfortunate but you mentioned auto door locks, which is what my reply was aimed at. I don't think Tata will delete auto door locks, abs, emergency door unlocking under crash, airbags etc. after a million clicks.
You should definitely visit the nearest TATA showroom asap. You will be returning with a heavy heart.

Nexon was a desirable car for me at launch but after deleting rear fog lamps it's not anymore. Here in north rear fog lamps are life saver in winters.
Old 15th June 2019, 14:03   #602
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Nexon was a desirable car for me at launch but after deleting rear fog lamps it's not anymore. Here in north rear fog lamps are life saver in winters.
I understand that deleting features is not a nice thing to do, but if it is so very important for you to have that Rear Fog Lamp, why can't you spend about a 1000 rupees from your own pocket later on and get it installed at the dealership itself, that way it won't void your warranty and you will have a genuine Tata Accessory installed in your vehicle.

With all the other sub 4m CUVs being much more expensive than Nexon, I am sure that you'll be spending more than Rs.1000 for a vehicle (compared to the similar variant of the Nexon) to buy a vehicle which has just this 1 extra safety feature (which unlike a Rear Washer-Wiper-Defogger, can be retrofitted in any car).

If you love the Nexon, you'll find reasons to own it no more what, if you don't, you'll just try to nitpick and find reasons to buy something else. My Nano served my requirements when I bought it, so I bought it no matter what happened, despite people and my family/relative's pushing me to buy an Alto800 instead. I knew my requirements, I had seen that Nano will fulfill them, I went ahead with what I loved and have been a happy owner for these past ~5.5 years now.

I live in North India myself, I've lived and driven in zero visibility conditions in Ludhiana's winters in my dad's WagonR, which did not have any rear Fog Lamp, but never did I meet with an accident. Yes having a rear Fog Lamp is good and adds to your safety, but not buying a vehicle just because it has this one feature missing now, is not a wise decision I must say!

Last edited by ajmat : 15th June 2019 at 15:42. Reason: typo
AdityaDeane is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 15:42   #603
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post

This should be a mandatory safety feature. This is compulsory for in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post

I live in North India myself, I've lived and driven in zero visibility conditions in Ludhiana's winters in my dad's WagonR, which did not have any rear Fog Lamp, but never did I meet with an accident. Yes having a rear Fog Lamp is good and adds to your safety, but not buying a vehicle just because it has this one feature missing now, is not a wise decision I must say!
I get the feeling that the showstopper for myavu is the apathy of Tata in deleting the safety item as opposed to the actual deletion of this feature
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 15:58   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I understand that deleting features is not a nice thing to do, but if it is so very important for you to have that Rear Fog Lamp, why can't you spend about a 1000 rupees from your own pocket later
It's is not about spending extra money and fixing whatever Tata is deleting. I am a kind of person who like to keep the car stock. No modification whatsoever. When Nexon was launched it was a great value proposition. Now they upgraded their product to 5 Star safety. If you brag about safety then rear fog lamps are also part of it. Same with auto door lock too. I discarded Tata from my wish-list due to their attitude towards the customer and not for just deleting fog lamps.

AFAIK Tata changed the BCM and the Fog lamps cannot be retro fitted. Also rear Fog lamps are not a Tata official accessory too.

I am also driving in north for more than 10 years now and both my current cars don't have a rear fog lamp. But my next car will definitely have it.

Finally Nexon is a matured product and it gives immense value. But recent attitude of Tata is killing the desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I get the feeling that the showstopper for myavu is the apathy of Tata in deleting the safety item as opposed to the actual deletion of this feature
Yes sir, that's the point.
myavu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 16:35   #605
Senior - BHPian

Mods I am really sorry that we're discussing the Rear Fog Lamp of Nexon in the Altroz thread! Requet you to move these to the "Why is Tata Motors deleting features from it's cars" thread (link (Why is Tata Motors deleting features from its new cars?))

Recently there was a video being circulated on whatsapp (YouTube link below)

Tell me how is your Rear Fog Lamp going to help in situations like these which are getting common in North India? Smogs and Fogs get denser towards the colder early mornings than at office rush and night times.

I too am angry at Tata Motors for deleting features, when I bought my Nano the Rear Fog Lamp was gone, so were the Day/Night IRVM and Lane Change Indicators. The Owner's Manual even mentions 3 Point Seat Belts at the back (if applicable), but I have only 2 Lap Belts. I like keeping my car stock too, but eventually had to add Reverse Parking Sensors, Dash Cam and LED Strip inside my car (as footwell light) when the need arose.

But you should also remember that Nexon is the only vehicle in it's class to pass the GNCAP with a flying 5 stars. All OEMs will make the Rear Fog Lamp compulsory when the Indian Government tells them to (like @ajmat said, it is compulsory in Europe) like ABS and Airbags etc. are getting compulsory now, till then getting angry with one manufacturer for not giving your your favorite feature is not the right thing, if the rest of the things are fulfilling your requirements.

On another note, you say that Rear Fog Lamp is a must have in your next buy, do enlighten me, which all cars are left in your shortlist with this feature? I am sure there are not many cars which have this feature now, they only have REFLECTORS instead of Rear Fog Lamps now. If Tata does not provide it as an official accessory, buy it from Boodmo (by entering the data for a previous model of Nexon) and ask your TASS Electrician to fit it for you in your next visit so as to not void the warranty. I am sure that they can connect it to the Front Fog Lamps, if the BCM has changed and it is not possible to connect a Rear Fog Lamp otherwise now.

Just my 2 cents.
AdityaDeane is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 18:54   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tell me how is your Rear Fog Lamp going to help in situations like these which are getting common in North India?
You're kidding right? You've literally posted a perfect example of why you absolutely need a rear fog lamp.

End of the day, when manufacturers try these sneaky penny pinching tricks, they deserve to be called out for it. Honestly, this is the only way to get them to stop.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 19:18   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
You're kidding right? You've literally posted a perfect example of why you absolutely need a rear fog lamp.
My rationale is that there is a split second to see that there is a big pile up ahead, when seeing cars of all shades and shapes and sizes didn't stop people from stopping on time, how come a small light being on will help them. I am sure many people had their Head lights on (so obviously the tail lamps, brake lights etc. will be on), and that didn't stop people, so how will having a fog light help in these split second accidents.

I am not against having a rear Fog Lamp, I love this feature and would love every manufacturer to provide these from the base model itself, but that should not stop people from buying a competent product is what I think.

I rest my case! Please P.M. me for continuing this discussion further, before I get Infraction from the mods here.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2019, 18:09   #608
BHPian

This website is lame. Tata made us wait for 100000 views and what do we see now? Some spaces to fill our names and phone numbers so that the executives can call us and give us more information. This feels like day light robbery. Why can't they give a simple website with pictures and features of the car? What were they thinking?
aveoman19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2019, 18:34   #609
BHPian

I think TATA should put a bit more effort in building a hype around the Altroz (still can't seem to like that name). The interest in this thread is a far cry from the excitement generated by any other recent TATA car launch. Or is it that a premium hatch is not interesting enough for folks in this SUV crazed times.

I'm particularly looking forward to see the details of the Altroz as it is one of the lighter TATAs and how that would impact performance and fuel efficiency. When do we expect a media drive for the Altroz?
400notout is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2019, 20:35   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveoman19 View Post
This website is lame. Tata made us wait for 100000 views and what do we see now? Some spaces to fill our names and phone numbers so that the executives can call us and give us more information. This feels like day light robbery. Why can't they give a simple website with pictures and features of the car? What were they thinking?
Wont be surprised if tomorrow (Monday) onwards we see Tata drip feeding content one by one by revealing headlight, taillight and what not. Just like the Harrier.

Agree, website is a kind of lame, come on, people have seen the car at the Geneva show already!
fx45 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2019, 20:47   #611
BHPian

India-spec Altroz will be showcased in mid July 2019
Old 17th June 2019, 08:22   #612
BHPian

Tata Altroz spied along with the 2020 BS6 Tata Tiago, Nexon & Tigor

The entire fleet was parked on the side of the road somewhere in Drass.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tatacarsspiedrainbowdrass.jpg

Source
jailbird_fynix is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 10:59   #613
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wow, the Altroz is arriving earlier than I expected. Media drives are happening in a month.

@ Tata: Please, please, please ensure the car is fully baked & perfectly finished, like the Hexa / Nexon etc. were at the time of their launch. The Harrier was clearly launched in a hurry.
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 15:55   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
@ Tata: Please, please, please ensure the car is fully baked & perfectly finished, like the Hexa / Nexon etc. were at the time of their launch. The Harrier was clearly launched in a hurry.
Hello GTO, I had posted a message in the page before this page, regarding the small projections on the downside of the Outside mirror. Haven't received any replies yet. Do you mind telling me what are those.

Thank you,

Sai.
Old 19th June 2019, 06:55   #615
BHPian

Some more spy shots from Rushlane

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tataaltrozbs6petrol5speedmanualspied9750x430.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tataaltrozbs6petrol5speedmanualspied6.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tataaltrozbs6petrol5speedmanualspied2.jpg
jailbird_fynix is offline   (18) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks