Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2019, 15:14   #706
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

On a funny note, the rear wiper has a bigger sweep in Altroz than the Nexon. In Nexon, the rear wiper is kind of a joke on the buyer, it barely cleans anything.
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 02:04   #707
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
TATA Altoz seen undisguised on road - No sign of launch yet? Is it not too late to excite the market?
ALTROZ launch likely to be delayed. Early next year with BS-6 engines only. Friend in media tells me media drives scheduled for this month are on indefinite hold.

Looks like TML doesn't want to launch BS-4 engined ALTROZ's in 2019 keeping in mind the bad patch the industry is going through.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th September 2019 at 09:37. Reason: Typo. / Spacing
arjab is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 03:44   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
ALTROZ launch likely to be delayed. Early next year with BS-6 engines only. Friend in media tells me, media drives scheduled for this month, are on indefinite hold.

Looks like TML doesn't want to launch BS-4 engined ALTROZ's in 2019 keeping in mind the bad patch the industry is going through.
That's a very good news indeed, a smart move from Tata to hold back on the launch. They better come up with a completely cooked product this time unlike the Harrier. They will surely have a winner in hands if Altroz is niggle-free.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th September 2019 at 09:38. Reason: Spacing in quoted post
SpideyBoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 06:51   #709
Senior - BHPian

Better not launch it and save on the moolah. They need to survey the excitement levels for a hatch, in a time when the tide has turned to SUVs.
Old 11th September 2019, 10:49   #710
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
ALTROZ launch likely to be delayed. Early next year with BS-6 engines only. Friend in media tells me, media drives scheduled for this month, are on indefinite hold.
If this is true then this is a very smart move by Tata for a change. There is no point in launching a BS-4 car in October or January. They have usually done media drives in Sep-Oct and then launch in Jan.

They might as well launch in Jan-Feb with BS6 and spend all their time and effort in ensuring a quality and complete product.

A car like the Harrier deserved to trump the market and completely dominate over Kia and MG. Instead it's these 2 new entrants who have quashed the Harrier all because Tata rushed the Harrier and it was plagued with niggles.

Last edited by manson : 11th September 2019 at 15:29. Reason: Typo.
Vid6639 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 15:04   #711
BHPian

Forward received.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-alt1.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-al2.jpg
arungeorge is offline   (50) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 16:05   #712
BANNED

That speedo looks bad. Coal black background + white lettering gives me a 90s vibe.
And Digital tacho

And I dont like the screen implementation.
simeonovitch is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 16:06   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
Forward received.
If that steering wheel functions as good as it looks, it's going to be one of the best wheels out there to sit behind. Can't wait to get my hands on that one.
SpideyBoy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 16:14   #714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
Forward received.
Yes quite a few of these are doing rounds on WhatsApp today.
Worth noticing -
  • Its pretty much identical to the leaked one in the "Bookings Open" teaser video that had come. Including the blue ambient lighting.
  • Has Harrier like gear pattern design on the knob (I don't like it)
  • Has 5 gears and not 6 on a top trim interestingly. I was expecting Nexon specs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
That speedo looks bad. Coal black background + white lettering gives me a 90s vibe.
And Digital tacho
And I dont like the screen implementation.
I'm quite sure it will have a blue illumination in the center when ignition is ON. It will be complemented well by the TFT tacho part of the display & white number lights. Wait for it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
If that steering wheel functions as good as it looks, it's going to be one of the best wheels out there to sit behind. Can't wait to get my hands on that one.
Absolutely. I have been drooling over this steering since the 1st spy shots arrived 2 months back. Looks very contemporary, well shaped & THICK! Leather wrap also looks very premium. Will be a joy to hold if tuned anywhere near what they have managed with the Nexon.
Reinhard is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 16:49   #715
BHPian

Have been eagerly waiting for this car to launch. But just like other Tata cars, they either launch in hurry or take ages to bring out their new offerings. Hope this one comes out sooner, with all the niggles sorted out.

By the way, what is that small button on the the trim below gear lever? Cannot be hazard light button as it is just below the floating screen. It cannot be an electronic parking brake as there is a manual one present. Cannot be the driving mode selector either.

The car itself looks handsome and has pretty good road presence as I have seen a few test mules on the road myself.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 17:49   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
By the way, what is that small button on the the trim below gear lever? Cannot be hazard light button as it is just below the floating screen. It cannot be an electronic parking brake as there is a manual one present. Cannot be the driving mode selector either.
I guess it is the lock/unlock button. Good positioning, now the passenger will not have to irritate the driver to unlock the door everytime they want to get out. Happens all the time with me inspite of showing them the button to unlock. They don't use it cause its a bit of a stretch. This should solve it assuming it is the same thing.

Ps: with the world moving towards phones with zero bezel and slim displays, that infotainment screen is a huge eyesore. Looks like a 4 year old design and doesn't suit the exteriors.

Last edited by abhi7013 : 13th September 2019 at 17:59.
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 19:52   #717
BHPian

That speedometer looks very cheap (hope it looks better with the TFT on). Dash looks great with the ambient lights, a good looking steering wheel and screen implementation similar to the Nexon.
I really hope Tata launches a complete product this time rather than a half baked one!

Last edited by Nazaar25 : 13th September 2019 at 19:56. Reason: Forgot to add a point
Nazaar25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 21:53   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
It is the driving mode selector button. It is denoted by a leaf symbol.

Source: Motoroctane
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-screenshot_20190913214936.png  

Tom Sooraj is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 13:02   #719
Senior - BHPian

We humans tend to love symmetry, that speedo is one of the most asymmetric ones in our market They could have at least made it round in shape or give it some 3D elements!

Rest of the interior looks great, ambient light seems to be a nice touch. Hope its a proper production ready model with high QC standards. They just can't afford another Harrier like story.
giri1.8 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 16:35   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'm quite sure it will have a blue illumination in the center when ignition is ON. It will be complemented well by the TFT tacho part of the display & white number lights. Wait for it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazaar25 View Post
That speedometer looks very cheap (hope it looks better with the TFT on).
Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
We humans tend to love symmetry, that speedo is one of the most asymmetric ones in our market They could have at least made it round in shape or give it some 3D elements!

The speedo was the first aspect of the Altroz to leak out, earlier in the year

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tata45xspeedo.jpeg

Original Link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4520538
sachinayak is online now   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks