Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2019, 20:41   #886
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnnbagal View Post
Car seems to be a promising product.
Will be sold as a premium hatchback, and I hope I'm wrong but, maybe it's bit too late to the party.
I fully agree. Given the kind of features it’s offering (atleast by the initial release notes) in 2020, I don’t think it’ll stand a good chance infront of the soon to be launched ’feature loaded’ i20. It surely won’t be damp in terms of sales, but definitely won’t be a blockbuster (which even TATA won’t be expecting).

I feel TATA should have atleast loaded this car with solid features (like sunroof, all disc brakes, etc.) to make a strong case for itself.
ashvek3141 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 23:14   #887
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Looks beautiful, and good choice with that 'Gold' launch color, makes it look catchy but premium. I really hope this is a big hit for Tata.
avishar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 17:02   #888
BHPian

Please delete this post if it is irrelevant.

First look of Tata Altroz by Motoroctane.

Tom Sooraj is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 17:46   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sooraj View Post
Please delete this post if it is irrelevant.

Ha ha... Nice ! They made money out of a freebie.
The scale model looks pretty detailed. Waiting to see the segment first features and the weight of the actual car. Segment first features because that will be a major deciding factor for the monthly sales. Weight and build quality because this is what should be expected from all future Tata models. Wish them all the best !
DieselAddikt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 21:33   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sooraj View Post
My inference from the video -

Cons -
  1. Inadequate legroom (or even finger room)
  2. Poor ground clearance (a lowrider wannabe)
  3. Literally puny tyres
  4. Drab, thin interior plastics

Pros -

1. Its size will be a boon in tight city traffic. Parking space definitely won't be an issue. (Should've saved some dough on that apartment parking).

2. Extremely low maintenance vehicle. Exterior cleaning can be done easily within minutes. (Interior cleaning might need some patience though).

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 28th November 2019 at 21:38.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 22:30   #891
Senior - BHPian

I'm getting a lot of Indica vibes from the car especially when viewed from the front in those Guenther photos.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 23:52   #892
Distinguished - BHPian

From a source who wishes to remain anonymous.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-details.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 29th November 2019 at 10:56. Reason: Adding watermark
RavenAvi is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 03:34   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Tata Motors started 2019 with a bang by the launch of it's much anticipated Suv Tata Harrier and now it seems they want to end 2019 with a bang while everyone was expecting Tata Motors to Showcase Tata Altroz & Seven seater Harrier (now named as Gravitas) at the auto expo 2020 or Q1 of 2020. We can now safely assume that Tata Motors will be launching and showcasing Tata Gravitas at the auto expo 2020.

At one end Tata Ev Mobility has been keeping us busy with teasers on Nexon Ev before the official 16th Dec unveil. Tata Altroz media drives have come up with a pleasant surprise to us all enthusiasts. All credits to Tata marketing team for pulling this scoop. It seems there is a clear division of responsibility in Tata for Evs it's Tata Ev Mobility and for other private vehicles, it's Tata Motors the micro website’s point to this. Creating the hype is easy that's what marketing teams are paid for isn't it but living up to that hype is always challenging and we know Tata motors have made the habit of learning this the hard way.
XRoader_001 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 09:37   #894
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
I'm getting a lot of Indica vibes from the car especially when viewed from the front in those Guenther photos.
Well, if that photo was taken with all lights off & just 1 light behind the rear hatch of the car - the silhouette that we'd have seen would have been identical to that of an Indica Vista.
That's the first thought I had when looking at the picture.

And nothing wrong in that. The Altroz sure looks absolutely different than anything from Tata yet & that's a commendable effort for a company has stuck to same family looks for decades till now.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 10:29   #895
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Altroz bookings to open from December 4, 2019.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-0_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20191129100836_tataaltrozredacirender.jpg

Quote:
Three BS6-compliant engine options will be on offer with the Altroz – an 85hp, 1.2-litre petrol; a 102hp 1.2-litre turbo-petrol; and a 90hp, 1.5-litre diesel. As far as gearbox options go, a 5-speed manual will be standard at launch, with automatic transmission variants joining a little later.

On December 4, the company will also announce the variant breakup, colour options and deliver schedule for the Altroz. Expect Altroz prices to start at around the Rs 5 lakh mark and go up to Rs 8 lakh (ex-showroom).
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th November 2019 at 10:42.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 12:26   #896
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Nice scoop, RavenAvi! Thanks for sharing.

As usual, Autocar has stolen yet another scoop without giving credit to you or Team-BHP. Wonder what they are so insecure about ? Bad karma, ACI. Here is another recent example (original source & our news article duly crediting them). There are at least 25 more I know about.

We insist on giving credit to 3rd parties, each & every time. In fact, it's also part of our forum rules for BHPians to follow . No stooping to their cheap levels. We will always offer due respect to original sources.
GTO is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 13:08   #897

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wow, this is indisputably the biggest, classiest & most impressive test-drive invitation I've ever received!
WoW, this indeed is a very innovative and premium looking gesture by TATA

Last edited by BlackPearl : 29th November 2019 at 13:17. Reason: Removed quoted images as per forum rule
Old 29th November 2019, 13:53   #898
Distinguished - BHPian

Drive Modes
Will the diesel Altroz come with the typically Tata "multi-drive-modes"? In the Nexon it gives about 70-90-110 PS maps as "Eco-City-Sport". Now that the engine will be capped at 90PS in the Altroz, I guess they'll give 2 modes - "City-Sport"? 75-90 PS?

Enthusiasts are going to go bonkers in getting it mapped to the Nexon spec 110PS. It will be one rocket! Hopefully the gearbox can support that 250Nm torque.

Side Turn indicators
Good to see Mr. Bose's team trying something different by placing the indicators between the wheel arch and the front door. But will it be to people's taste? We have come to associate ORVM mounted indicators with "premium"ness. Will this be accepted?

Practically - This is a better position. Visibility is still good & its immune to Banzai bikers who like to play chicken with car ORVMs!

Colour
For me - the dual tone RED looks dope! If this shade comes out as in the picture (mostly it will since some test mules were seen in this shade) - Its my favourite.
Finally a worthy contender to the Polo GT in terms of sharp good looks that mean business!

Last edited by Reinhard : 29th November 2019 at 14:04.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 14:07   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Tata usually makes scale models from Norev, not sure if this one is from same. More than the car that scale model seems to have created quite a buzz on this thread

Tata, why cant you keep them in showrooms to attract customers before the launch?
Yes, Tata scale models are usually from Norev, but there is no Norev branding on the box. Wasnt there on the Harrier model either. My 1:18 Tata Nano came in a Norev box though.

Overall quality of the Altroz model looks pretty good and it is always nice to have a scale model of an Indian car. Can excuse the few rough edges. What I liked is that all four doors open. Bonnet and tail gate however are fixed.

Here is mine. Yes, you can see my other models in background

Last edited by Dippy : 29th November 2019 at 14:08.
Dippy is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 18:01   #900
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post
Please let me know if you are willing to give away the scale model through the free give away thread.
Tell you what, my Altroz scale model goes to the BHPian who posts the most neutral + detailed review of the car once it hits the showrooms. @ BHPians: please PM me a link to your review post on this thread .
GTO is offline   (30) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks