Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2020, 11:04   #1396
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Is it only me who thinks this looks like Nexon without the height/stilts?
Old 14th January 2020, 11:33   #1397
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennarbank View Post
Is it only me who thinks this looks like Nexon without the height/stilts?
This looks nothing like the Nexon so don't know how you have arrived at that conclusion. What makes you say this?
nikhilthegunner is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 11:52   #1398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
This looks nothing like the Nexon so don't know how you have arrived at that conclusion. What makes you say this?
Me thinks people just see the logo on the grille and draw all sorts of parallels. Some with the Nexon, some even with the old Indica. This car looks absolutely smashing and builds on the Harrier in this respect. With the usual top notch Tata paint quality, it should stand out on the road.

On a side note, I really believe Tata should ditch this current legacy logo for their cars and design something new.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 11:53   #1399
Senior - BHPian

The car looks pretty fantastic in the flesh, though the black strip at the back looks slightly overdone. Nevertheless a sharp design overall. I just wish the instrument console was cleanly designed, just like it is in the Tiago and Tigor. Also, it needs hotter petrol engines, assuming those will come around in the JTP version as and when that does launch. The current engine lineup is uninspiring and commuter grade at best.

The Altroz looks way better than the boring Baleno and the i20 as well, its chief competitors in the segment.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 14th January 2020 at 11:55.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 12:03   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Interior fit and finish is at par with the segment and nothing extraordinary. The biggest disappointment for me is the seat comfort, both at front and rear. I'm 5'11 and I was sitting in a knees up position. They could have done a lot better with the under thigh support at rear and the recline angle is not the best either. Absence of steering reach adjustment makes matter worse and I just wasn't able to find myself a comfortable driving position.
Unfortunately seems like all the engineers and designers at TATA are short tiny built folks. I'm 6'3" and big built and the ergonomics for someone my size is horrendous on the Tiago. Sad to see that they didn't do anything about that.

Ergonomics and the driver seating position will be one of the more important things I will look for in a car the next time around. No matter how well built, feature loaded and dynamically sorted a car is, if it's near impossible to find the correct and a comfortable driving position they're of no use.

Maybe that's why I find european designed cars more comfortable (like my ex-figo, 320d and a Yeti we owned). They're built with bigger people in mind too.

Last edited by Turrrb0 : 14th January 2020 at 12:14. Reason: Added a few points.
Turrrb0 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 12:07   #1401
BHPian

Altroz is looking smashing and thanks TM for offering such a properly designed car to our market. Fit & finish and interior design seems to be fantastic. I wish the car buyers appreciate and consider such good products during their shopping.
Other points:
  • Instrument cluster looks out of place in otherwise a neat interior. Simple & clean circular dials like VW/Suzuki would have been very nice even if they are analog.
  • Competition is offering full LED headlights even in the lower segment. I wish TM upgrades soon to full LED setup for it’s entire range.
  • I beg TM to offer automatics in both petrol & diesel ASAP.
  • Please offer 60:40 split rear seats for practicality
I’m eagerly waiting for JTP & sedan variants

Last edited by gopi_rm : 14th January 2020 at 12:09.
gopi_rm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 12:42   #1402
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
The car looks pretty fantastic in the flesh, though the black strip at the back looks slightly overdone. Nevertheless a sharp design overall.

The Altroz looks way better than the boring Baleno and the i20 as well, its chief competitors in the segment.
Tata always had that habit of applying black applique at back since Vista days, now it became more pronounced with Altroz. With the current crop of hardcore haters all around, Tata need to make overdone designs that stand out in the crowd. It's not a VW to afford conservative yet classy designs like Polo. Nexon when introduced carried a quirky design and now with the facelift Tata gave it a matured design. Tiago is a looker since launch and now with facelift it become much better. They are progressing in right direction. The car is looking fantastic.

Baleno's design definitely feels outdated when compared to Altroz, can't say the same about i20 though.
wheelguy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 16:36   #1403
BHPian

The most radical design change in altroz in my opinion is the placement of horn button in steering wheel. This is a U turn from the conventional designs even though it has similarity to the horn button placement of older generation Maruti 800. I always wanted the horn button closer to the thumb so that I don't have to take my hands off the wheel. I would love to test drive the new altroz just to know the feel of the new horn button placement.
deep4u is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 18:04   #1404
BHPian

This car looks good (especially the diesel variant) from what I've seen in the videos and their website. The rear door handle design is unconventional. Also, two things stand out from the specifications on the website. 1) Ground clearance of 165 mm: It may scrape speed breakers under full load. 2) Turning radius of 5 m: Manoeuvrability is not very good for parking in tight spaces, reversing on narrow roads, etc. It does have a large wheelbase of 2501 mm though.
Old 14th January 2020, 20:12   #1405
Senior - BHPian

With Swift/Baleno Diesel out of equation, Tata should be able to sell this in good numbers.

Petrol however was less than adequate even on my Tigor! Hope they have given better gear ratios for the 1.2 petrol.
Old 14th January 2020, 20:55   #1406
BHPian

I think the car looks the best in white, for some reason. Previously used to think red was the best, but no. The design is a bit quirky, albeit mostly in a positive way and the white brings out only the best bits to the naked eye.

Last edited by SaiSW : 14th January 2020 at 20:56.
SaiSW is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 22:43   #1407
BHPian

Had to visit TASS to iron out a niggle in our Hexa. And the moment we entered there was a Gold Altroz standing in all its glory, freshly showered.

If gimmicks and whatever Tata and TASS issues were kept aside, I really doubt anyone would give two hoots about the Altroz's competitors, as far as looks are concerned. Hell, I'll go ahead and say it if it pisses some people off, the Baleno and i20 look B-L-A-N-D in comparison.

I reiterate, looks FAB in that Gold shade.

I had to rush to meet the SA and by the time I was free, the Altroz had been sent to the dealership, so couldn't take picks
TROOPER is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 23:08   #1408
BHPian

Saw Altroz today in person while taking delivery of our Nexon. It is Drop dead gorgeous!
I don't think any car from this segment can match its looks, not even one of my favourites, i20! Build quality of Tata had already improved but interior quality was also awesome and same for fit and finish.
Mom has already decided which car to buy as a replacement in a couple of years for her ageing Ritz

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th January 2020 at 00:22. Reason: Fixed typo.
Neeraj1903 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 23:08   #1409
BHPian

The car looks so so awesome in white. It's so tempting to wait for Tata to launch the automatic, but I'm not sure how long they'll take.
Dieselritzer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 13:04   #1410
Senior - BHPian

Tata Altroz First Look in White Shade

Must say, White really looks fantastic on this car. I have never been fan of white cars, but here it looks smashing.
CarguyNish is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks