Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2019, 13:34   #481
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Keeping everything else same, just a change from gloss black to matte black finish for the rear plastic (So as to give an identity to the tail lamps), makes a world of difference to the design, IMHO -

Nice effort. However at Tata, matte black rear plastic usually used on a base model of a car. For example. HEXA XE.
tushky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 13:41   #482
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

So where is Tata planning to sell the new Buzzard (aka Harrier) in Europe and for how much? Do the plan to launch in JLR dealers on special stands?
Old 8th March 2019, 13:47   #483
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Weird designs and what more weirder are the colours! Have to be the worst colour choices for reveal in the recent history!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
I like the way this car looks. What I don’t like is the colour, I personally think they should have made a better colour choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I'm sorry, but contrary to most people here, I think it looks very unique and also very beautiful. The golden colour is not exactly my type. A bright red colour with that blacked out roof and the 17 inch alloys will look a killer on the road.
Time to take another look? DISCLAIMER: Photoshop edits - hence please excuse any mistakes.

Adding some dazzle with blue -

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-blue1.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-blue.jpg

And elegance with white -

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-white1.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-white.jpg

And sportiness with red -

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-red1.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-red.jpg

And leaving a hint to TATA for bringing the JTPs -

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-white3.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 13:57   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Time to take another look? DISCLAIMER: Photoshop edits - hence please excuse any mistakes.

And leaving a hint to TATA for bringing the JTPs -

Can you make one in black? Thanks.

One in blue and red looks smashing! I pray that your words on Altroz JTP shall come true! An 120/130 bhp beast with turbo petrol would for sure set the roads on fire. With 17 or 18 inch wheels and some 5 - 10 mm lowered stance with black exterior colour and matt silver mirror caps (obviously a subtle rear spoiler!) in JTP avatar, Tata you got my money.

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 8th March 2019 at 13:59.
AlphaKilo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 14:06   #485
BHPian

Quote:
The white one looks really nice. BTW, I thought those were official pics until I read the disclaimer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Can you make one in black? Thanks.

One in blue and red looks smashing! I pray that your words on Altroz JTP shall come true! An 120/130 bhp beast with turbo petrol would for sure set the roads on fire. With 17 or 18 inch wheels and some 5 - 10 mm lowered stance with black exterior colour and matt silver mirror caps (obviously a subtle rear spoiler!) in JTP avatar, Tata you got my money.
I have my eyes set on the 4 cylinder 1.6 turbo petrol being developed for the Harrier. I hope Tata plonks that engine in this car (though highly unlikely) even at the cost of higher duties. 150+ BHP would be easy to extract from that engine. That would be a nice finger salute from Tata to the sales leaders Suzuki and Hyundai who look down upon us as unworthy of having their better cars.

Last edited by theredliner : 8th March 2019 at 14:08.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 14:06   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Time to take another look?

Please tweet these to Pratap Bose. It truly is dazzling in blue!
octane_100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 14:14   #487
BHPian

And sportiness with red -

Wow. Take my money, Tata!

I have sort of warmed up to the design now. A petrol automatic in this color would fit right into what I'm looking for in my next car.

I hope they launch with an automatic and not keep it for later.
Shreyas_H is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 14:54   #488
Senior - BHPian

The rear end really and truly looks hideous, no matter whether it is polished, matte or any other kind of black. For that matter, in any other colour as well.

Long time since I saw such a bad rear end design from Tata, given their other products being much better designed of late. Sorry, Mr. Pratap Bose, I have admired your recent works, but you seem to have grassed the ball with this particular effort.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 15:22   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
The rear end really and truly looks hideous, no matter whether it is polished, matte or any other kind of black. For that matter, in any other colour as well.

Long time since I saw such a bad rear end design from Tata, given their other products being much better designed of late. Sorry, Mr. Pratap Bose, I have admired your recent works, but you seem to have grassed the ball with this particular effort.

With you on this! This part of car looks confused and fail to understand what designers wanted to depict...!
Old 8th March 2019, 15:34   #490
Team-BHP Support

If the kink was eliminated and the tail-lamp section flowed smoothly into the bumper, it would look MUCH better.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 15:46   #491
BHPian

Quote:

And elegance with white -

I take back what I said. It looks the best in white, even the kink in the rear, which so many people here seem to dislike, looks okay and blends in, in the black and white combo.

Looks fabulous, now only if they launch a diesel. Automatic is required for me, but I'll be content with a manual if they do release the diesel.

Also, I mistook them for official pics and only noticed that it was Photoshopped after reading the post twice. Wow, crazy driver, you're pretty good in Photoshop.

Last edited by SaiSW : 8th March 2019 at 15:49.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 15:46   #492
BHPian

Took a good few days to wait and see if the look grows on me. It did not.
To me, from the side, it still looks like it's wearing a low waist jeans. And from the rear, it still looks like a boxer who took a lot of punches.
There certainly was a lot of scope design wise.
Just my view though.
Old 8th March 2019, 15:56   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Time to take another look? [/center]
These cars in Red and Blue look superb! I must admit you have very good photo shop skills.
I wish they get these colours (blue/red) in the production model. Even white look nice. Just the colour they have displayed in the show is not good
arvindmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 16:09   #494
BHPian

Yes, the white surely looks stunning. I think same is the case with Harrier, it looks much much better in White. You should actually tweet these pictures to the Tata team to give them ideas.

The design is surely growing over me and i am starting to like it. Though, i will not draw the Nexon analogy as it was a different animal all together (in my books). Nexon just looked stunning and not as overdone as the Altorz is.

Imaging a white JTP with red accents. It will steal the show!
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 17:23   #495
BHPian

I think it's just a matter of time before the design is warmed up. There is a lot of difference between how I felt that day from today. The blue and red look smashing. Zigwheels says the petrol will be NA. Never thought the engine in Tiago could be tuned to that level.
motobliss is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks