Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2019, 11:05   #916
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
It's not the launch, its time media drives that is happening this week.
Usually, launch would happen within 45 days of this event.
As per one of the auto media sources, the official drive reviews will be out on the 9th Dec. Is this true?
Old 3rd December 2019, 11:19   #917
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

TML has tweeted that they are going to make a limited 1000 units of the scale model available for sale on 10th December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
Looks like Altroz is going to be compete with Baleno, i20 and Jazz. All these cars have automatics. As per the publicly available information till now, the possibility of automatic variant announcement in today's launch is very remote. With such competing cars having automatics ready, what is rationale behind Tata Motors not launching automatic right away? In the hatchback segment, haven't automatics caught up still that they have most likely decided to defer it?
And you need to add the POLO in this list too. Especially its remarkable DSG kit in the GT.

The only reason why the automatic one won't appear (if it doesn't) would be a technical one. Perhaps not yet ready fully or tested sufficiently to be confirmed as reliable in our conditions. I hope they get it ready for launch though. A later availability will kill the product at launch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I completely second this. With the mass market car manufacturers slowly moving towards launching high speed dual-clutch gearboxes, TATA should have atleast launched the Altroz with a torque-converter. Forget the SUV’s, even hatchbacks customers are now shifting towards auto-boxes. I feel this move by TATA of not launching an auto-box will surely hit them hard. Unfortunately they haven’t learned from the mistakes they did with the Harrier.
Are we sure that the auto-box is not going to be launched immediately? Let's hold a bit till the official launch later in the month OR to hear from TBHP mods in a preview that surely will appear on this thread in this week. Tata knows automatics sell in these segments. Their own Tiago-Tigor-Nexon are selling in very high proportion in AMT setup. Some even more than manuals. Even the HEXA sells a lot with auto box. We don't know yet for sure about the auto box. So let's see what they launch before getting frustrated.

As for the torque converter - that can work only for a diesel. Remember, its coming with a turbo charged petrol engine. These are very sensitive on mileage. A torque converter will give disastrous mileage figures with a turbo petrol 1.2 engine. And low mileage when competing with a Baleno? TML should simply abort launching a car instead of doing that.

Last edited by Reinhard : 3rd December 2019 at 11:26.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 12:02   #918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The only reason why the automatic one won't appear (if it doesn't) would be a technical one. Perhaps not yet ready fully or tested sufficiently to be confirmed as reliable in our conditions. I hope they get it ready for launch though. A later availability will kill the product at launch.
Not to mention the next gen Hyundai i20 is coming with 1.1 turbo engine with DCT, sunroof, all 4 disc brakes, connected car features, apart from more spacious interiors, longer wheelbase and then a sunroof.

If Tata isnt prepared to compete with that then they'll get blown off the scene in a single quarter. I also hope they have a good interior visibility from the rear.. by the looks of it the Altroz has the highest upward kink of the windowline that I've ever seen.
dark.knight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 12:36   #919
BHPian

Few pictures from Twitter page of Nikhil Bhatia

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altroz.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altroz2.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altroz3.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altroz4.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/bhatius

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd December 2019 at 17:54. Reason: Adding source link
arungeorge is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 12:40   #920
BHPian

The first look of Tata Altroz!

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-ext1.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-ext2.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-ext3.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-ext4.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-int3.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-int1.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-int2.jpg

Source 1

Source 2
The_Outsider! is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 12:48   #921
Distinguished - BHPian

Is it just me or the interior colour scheme is pretty bland and boring?

Also the gloss black areas kinda look cheap. Sorry, I am nitpicking.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 3rd December 2019 at 12:50.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 12:54   #922
BHPian

Looks very much like a bigger Tiago to me - a proper evolution I would say.
ask_017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 12:58   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask_017 View Post
Looks very much like a bigger Tiago to me - a proper evolution I would say.

Same here. Will look even more closer to it once the face-lifted Tiago is out.

The scale models had that clear tail lamps which looked aftermarket. Good that they are not on the real ones.
bipinbn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 13:10   #924
BANNED

Nothing, absolutely nothing seems exciting about the car, interiors are blandish, exteriors will never pull someone to the showroom, the only cat which is yet to out of the bag are the specs and I'm not gonna bet big on anything special there as well.

600-700 copies to start off with and 8 months down the lane 200 - 300 odd.

With a minimum of an expected 5.5 Ex, there is nothing that pulls the right strings for this car.

Last edited by Torquedo : 3rd December 2019 at 13:11.
Torquedo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 13:21   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Outsider! View Post
The first look of Tata Altroz!
Front: Looks good to me. It is sharp unlike other Tata cars in the past.

Rear: Is it me or there are many like me who feel, the rear gives an impression of a Volvo?

Sides: Black strip looks odd but may be the angle of the pic is not working in favour of the car.

Interiors: Bland but I bet Tata will add a lot more features for to make it worth.

Overall, I feel this car will be the Beginning of an End of domination of Maruti Cars in India in the next decade.

PS: Before all Tata bashers start to pick on my last line, I meant domination in market share and not wipe it out completely. Tin cans are here to stay for Coke as well as MS.
VWAllstar is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 13:22   #926
Senior - BHPian

The problem with such spaced out 'teasers' and 'previews' is that by the time the car is actually launched, a majority of the general public think the car was launched months ago and flopped. People who are in the market for such a vehicle will get fed up of waiting and the irritating teasers with no real info.

I was honestly pretty interested in this car , and it would have found a place in my garage if it had a good autobox. But now that the actual car pics are out, i find the car to be quite boring and the interior really bland. Somehow doesn't look like a new car, but rather like something that's been in the market for years.
JayD is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 13:28   #927
Distinguished - BHPian

No auto again?

Tata knows how to shoot themselves in the foot, I mean competition doesn't even have to try. I echo the sentiments above, the car looks bland and boring. Polo GT, years old car, with a decent alloys would grab more eye balls.

Sorry tata, this one doesn't seem to have anything going for it.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 13:32   #928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Nothing, absolutely nothing seems exciting about the car, interiors are blandish, exteriors will never pull someone to the showroom, the only cat which is yet to out of the bag are the specs and I'm not gonna bet big on anything special there as well.
Well, its a TATA alright, no mistaking it for anything else, the front is a more modern take of the Indica Vista, the windowline garnished with plastic black liner is reminiscent of the Nexon, the front door panel is inspired by the Punto Evo, the rear seat design is from the Punto Evo as well (TATA picked up many tricks from Fiat, since essentially the first Indica/Indigo/Manza were designed by Pininfarina an Italian design house, their trademark designs and line strokes being visible even today.

The interiors need more contrast, maybe a thin slab of gloss/piano plastic or wood trim+cloth embellishments on the dull door panels, overall yes the interiors are circa 2010 at best.

Not a bad design, both internally and externally, but they have miles to go to be seen as en vogue. They better play the price card right to score.
Old 3rd December 2019, 13:32   #929
Team-BHP Support

Finally - a colour other than gold. I would like to go against the tide here - it sure looks nice and sporty in red!

Reminds me of the Tiago JTP - and that's not a bad thing.

BUT - the interiors look seriously boring with a very bad choice of colours. If not for the touchscreen HU, it gives a very outdated vibe (I'm frankly reminded of my old outdated Punto). Hope the quality and finish makes it much better when seen in person.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd December 2019 at 13:33.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 13:34   #930
Senior - BHPian

Exterior looks great. Especially loved the sharp looking front. But, slightly disappointed by the interiors. There is no WOW factor. Maybe, it's the bland color scheme. Was expecting much more from Tata. The touchscreen seems a direct lift from Nexon. All depends on pricing and features now.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks