Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2019, 14:50   #946
BANNED

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Powered tailgate!

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20191203_144750.jpg

What else is left to reveal except the price?

More details about features at: ACI

Last edited by wheelguy : 3rd December 2019 at 14:51.
wheelguy is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 14:51   #947
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Front looks a mix of Polo and Vista.
Spot on. I have also been thinking this since the 1st test mule was spotted.
Quote:
Out of all the premium hatchbacks out there Jazz is still the sexiest
Ahem ahem. Polo GT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Powered tailgate!
Interesting. How much use is it in a compact hatchback though? Of course, asking about utility value is redundant in today's world where eSIM availability takes priority over engine displacement.

Last edited by Reinhard : 3rd December 2019 at 14:53.
Reinhard is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 14:52   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Very boring design. A mix and mash of too many cars. The interiors with all the touch screen looks bland. May be due to the colors. Front looks a mix of Polo and Vista. Side Profile cropped from Nexon, a bit of indica and Jazz. Thankfully they did not add the ceramic line. Back again from Nexon, tail light cluster a mix of i20 and verna and some added monstrosity.

Out of all the premium hatchbacks out there Jazz is still the sexiest
That is like self praising for the choice of car you picked and put down another which has not yet launched

Nexon too received such criticism on it's design but it has done relatively good. It is a good car and only time shall tell if it becomes a great one.
VWAllstar is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 14:59   #949
BHPian

Looking at the weight figures, Tata has done fairly well. There were rumours that Tata is shedding a lot of weight with the Altroz but that does not seem to be the case. Also, ACI article says that Petrol variants also get a start-stop system, a good differentiation IMO. Powered tailgate is a good surprise but i would have liked an option for 4 or 6 airbags in that cost.
tarik.arora is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:07   #950
Senior - BHPian

Like the car except the C Column. There is too much going on in the there with the wierd door end, tail light, fat metal.

The interior is bland but like VW, functional.
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:07   #951
Senior - BHPian

Knowing Tata they will forget to advertise the powered tailgate.

I guess car makers are running out of exclusive features to put in a segment, and honestly, would have preferred powered seat adjustment or a variant with class-airbag count over powered tailgate.

Over on social media, facebook and twitter was reading some of the comments and the most are unenthused because it looks like an Indica. On a standalone basis I think it is a great design, but going ahead this Indica resemblance will put off people.
avishar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:08   #952
Distinguished - BHPian

The car has a rear fog lamp.
I guess we already know the feature thats going to get dropped first!
Maybe around June'20!
Reinhard is online now   (26) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:19   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Ahem ahem. Polo GT.
Agreed. How did I miss that? They never look old and boring. Simple class.

+1 to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
That is like self praising for the choice of car you picked and put down another which has not yet launched
Not necessarily be and my comment is not biased.
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:20   #954
BHPian

I feel the rear design should have been improved. At the rear, the bottom of the tailgate and the bumper are at the same level. So, there are high chances of damaging the tailgate.Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-screenshot_20191203150207.png

Is there any lever for manually locking / unlocking the doors? I could not find any. Also, does the door grab handle look weird?
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-screenshot_20191203151657.png

Image source: Zigwheels

Last edited by Tom Sooraj : 3rd December 2019 at 15:28.
Tom Sooraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:31   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Powered tailgate!

Seriously

However, does this segment of car needs a powered tailgate?

TML should have certainly provided this in Harrier, where they missed most important feature that is of convenience.
gutsy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:35   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Powered tailgate!

What else is left to reveal except the price?

More details about features at: ACI
It's AUTOCAR guys, for the love of God. I'll believe it when I see it.

EDIT : I think it's AUTOCAR goofup.. powered is electronic tailgate, that's what they mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Knowing Tata they will forget to advertise the powered tailgate.
I guess car makers are running out of exclusive features to put in a segment, and honestly, would have preferred powered seat adjustment or a variant with class-airbag count over powered tailgate.
It's electronic tailgate, I am 100% sure, because if it really was powered tailgate, then some kind of leaks would have surfaced long time ago.
Just autocar being autocar

EDIT #2 I am not against autocar , please don't kill me
:(

Last edited by SaiSW : 3rd December 2019 at 15:47.
SaiSW is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:41   #957
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
It's AUTOCAR --
EDIT : I think it's the usual AUTOCAR goofup.. powered is electronic tailgate, that's what they mean.
AutoCar is the preferred mouthpiece for TATA Motors. Check the Nexon thread.( media drive)
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:42   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
It's AUTOCAR guys, for the love of God.
Please don't hold your breath for anything. I'll believe it when I see it.

EDIT : I think it's the usual AUTOCAR goofup.. powered is electronic tailgate, that's what they mean.

It's electronic tailgate, I am 100% sure, because if it really was powered tailgate, then some kind of leaks would have surfaced long time ago.
Just autocar being autocar
One of our good moderator wont be really pleased to read this

You never know with Tata. They can do things which many others would not even care. But I too agree, they could have gone for additional airbags instead of the 'electronic' tailgate, if there is one.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:43   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
AutoCar is the preferred mouthpiece for TATA Motors. Check the Nexon thread.( media drive)
Even then , some kind of leaks would've mentioned this before.

If it was true, I am not sure Tata have got their priorities right. Powered driver's seat or 360 degree camera would've been a hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
But I too agree, they could have gone for additional airbags instead of the 'electronic' tailgate, if there is one.
Yes, and/or powered driver's seat. Powered driver's seat will reduce profit margins but this car will then become immensely popular, by word of mouth.

Last edited by SaiSW : 3rd December 2019 at 15:49.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:46   #960
Senior - BHPian

Full specs of the Tata Altroz revealed

Tata Motors has released the detailed specifications of the upcoming Altroz hatchback.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altroz-petrol1.jpg

The new Altroz measures 3,990 mm in length, 1,755 mm in width, 1,523 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2,501 mm. The car has a ground clearance of 165 mm. It comes with a 37-litre fuel tank and has a 345-litre boot.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altroz-petrol2.jpg

The Altroz comes with automatic projector headlamps with LED daytime running lights, rain sensing wipers, 7-inch MID, 7-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. It also gets automatic climate control with rear AC vents, cruise control and Multi Drive Modes - Eco and City.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altroz-petrol3.jpg

The new Altroz will be available with BS6 compliant petrol and diesel engines. The 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine produces 85 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 113 Nm @ 3,300 rpm. The 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder turbocharged diesel unit puts out 89 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 200 Nm @ 1,250-3,000 rpm. Both engines will be offered with a 5-speed manual transmission.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altroz-petrol4.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altrozdiesel1.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altrozdiesel2.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altrozdiesel3.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altrozdiesel4.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 3rd December 2019 at 15:47.
TusharK is online now   (34) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks