Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:53   #961
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Speed sensing auto door locks

TML removed this feature from the Nexon and the Tiago to ensure that the cars get 5 stars in crash test. Then why should TML add this feature in the Altroz?

Last edited by Tom Sooraj : 3rd December 2019 at 15:58.
Tom Sooraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:53   #962
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

No powered tailgate, haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
take my money, just take it away

Last edited by SaiSW : 3rd December 2019 at 15:55.
SaiSW is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:59   #963
Senior - BHPian

Look at that side profile though. A JTP version of this or even one with bigger alloys and dropped will look so good.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altroz.jpg

Source

Last edited by avishar : 3rd December 2019 at 16:02.
avishar is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 16:12   #964
Senior - BHPian

Walkaround video from zigwheels. The exterior looks nice, specially those 16 inch alloys

Observations:

Wing mirrors don't have integrated indicators. They are on the body.
Looks like it has only 2 airbags. But at 3:10 while showing the seats, is that a side airbag sticker? Not visible properly.
Rear armrest & air vents.
Both doors open almost 90 degrees.
Looks decently wide and generous legroom at the rear.
Interior feels mediocre in the videos/pics. But we can wait for a couple of days to find out.

Last edited by SoumenD : 3rd December 2019 at 16:33.
SoumenD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 16:15   #965
Senior - BHPian

A closer look at the interior and that slightly weird (?) digital-analog hybrid instrument cluster.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-interior.jpg

Source
avishar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 16:19   #966
BHPian

Yes, and as I predicted, it was not powered tailgate.
Absolutely no chance they could fit that in and expect to make a reasonable profit.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 16:29   #967
BHPian

Looks fantastic! I loved the alloy wheels, the steering and also the instrument cluster. It is surely a little different from the league and will polarize opinions.
Apart from that, I do like the stance of the car.

The not so good bits that I find are - the rear bumper and body sit flush. Will require body work in case of any rear ending.
For some reason, the golden color looks a little too gaudy for my taste. Maybe it appears different in person.

Wishing TATA all the best with their new launch. Wish they had provided a competent AT right from the start.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 16:30   #968
BHPian

Interesting times for Tata. The design is good, but I'm not too impressed by the front facing micro antenna, which looks stuck on. The turn indicators on the body look passé too. However, the biggest disappointment is the interior. The digital portion of the instrument cluster looks nice, but the analogue portion is horrible. It doesn't suit what will be approximately a 9-10 lakh car, and Tata seems to have missed the boat by not providing 6 airbags.
One question though, the 1.2 3 cylinder engine is just adequate on the Tiago, how will it be in the bigger, though similarly weighted Altroz?
BZ25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 16:38   #969
Senior - BHPian

So the 102BHP turbo petrol is not part of the launch? Perhaps, they are saving it for the JTP?
Also, is this a new gearbox? I remember reading on the forum that their old five speed gearbox had a Torque limitation of around 140NM.

Last edited by safari_lover : 3rd December 2019 at 16:52.
Old 3rd December 2019, 16:43   #970
Senior - BHPian

In my eyes it looks sure does look pretty, cannot complain on the exterior design front. The interior is also classy rather than flamboyant. It seems that Tata is only showing off the 1.2L NA petrol and 1.5L diesel engines as of now. No mention of the turbo charged petrol.

Regarding the AT, from what I remember this car will have an AMT at a later stage which is an absolute no-no for a premium hatch. I seriously do not understand what is wrong with Tata. Just like the Harrier that was launched only as a manual which practically killed the car (the other teething issues did not help matters), Tata seems to be hell bent on repeating the same mistakes.

I am seriously at my wits end as to how Tata can time and again goof it up. I had high hopes with the Harrier and the new gen Tata products. This may sound like a rant and it may well be. To say that I am disappointed in Tata Motors would be understatement of the century...

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 3rd December 2019 at 16:46.
hiren.mistry is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 16:55   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The car has a rear fog lamp.
I guess we already know the feature thats going to get dropped first!
Maybe around June'20!

I cannot agree with this point enough. Tata and their features shuffle has got me bamboozled.

Trying to find out what feature was going to be there in my November purchased (June Manufactured) Nexon was a horror. Finally found out i got the model with the 6.5inch screen and not the 7inch. It was my fault i was in a hurry for the purchase and even though i went to the stockyard to see the car i didnt check the screen. I had only checked if the rear AC vents and the rear charger was there. When i asked my sales guy he was like "Sir what are you going to do with the 0.5inch more".

Love the car and felt i should ignore it but the back of the head at times i do get irritated.

I liked the Altroz look. If they had this available when i was booking my car i may have considered it as well. Inside may look a little bland but I feel it has most of the things i would like interior wise.
sriks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 17:00   #972
BHPian

Here is another walk around video.
Car has umbrella holders
Tata has chosen a black + Grey colour scheme.
3 cylinder petrol engine in a premium hatchback which is marketed as Gold Standard among it's competitors?
The instrumentation seems inspired from Tata Commercial vehicle range

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altrozinstrumentation.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tatatruckmeter.jpg

There seems to be an Auto Start Stop button

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altrozautostartstop.jpg

There is a button behind gear lever. Any idea what it might be?

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-gearleverbutton.jpg

PraNeel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 17:10   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post

There is a button behind gear lever. Any idea what it might be?

Attachment 1941831

Just my guess, might be button for activating the Eco mode.

Exterior of the car looks good in Red! interior is just bland and not to my liking.
Typical TML No AT at launch. I dont want to be judgmental about the launch, hope TML has a good strategy to set the sales chart on fire.

Last edited by arvindmanju : 3rd December 2019 at 17:35.
arvindmanju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 17:34   #974
Senior - BHPian

No mention of the detuned Turbo Petrol engine from the Nexon either ! That's quite sad actually and is something this car needs
Old 3rd December 2019, 17:59   #975
BHPian

The diesel gets peak torque of 200NM at 1250 RPM, which stays flat until 3000 RPM. That's gotta be the lowest RPM for achieving peak torque in a turbo diesel!

For comparison, a ford 1.5 TDCi gets peak torque of 200NM at 1750 RPM, while the Ciaz 1.5 gets its 225 NM at 1500 RPM. And mind you, these are the cars which people know as being completely lag free!

Obviously it's highly tuned for fuel economy, but I'm guessing it will be completely lag free almost from idle. Also, it could have great mod potential for tuning.

Last edited by d3mon : 3rd December 2019 at 18:27.
d3mon is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks